Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 03:40 PM

19,219 posts, read 16,701,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
You need to find and post that email. You don't understand that to a pro Hillary person, you sound nuts. They won't believe it till they see it, and I don't blame them, these emails are NUTS!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAJ13 View Post
Even if they see them they still wont believe them.
Notice the subject line of this email between John Podesta and Hillary Clinton from August 2015 - Needy Latinos and 1 easy call.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/6777
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 04:20 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
The guy that wrote the article correctly identified all the stereotypes but then proceeded to re-enforce them.

I Live in a small town, rural community. He portrayed us all as being hopeless, unemployed, meth heads who don't have the required intellect to know any better.

He correctly identified the elitist, smarmy, "we know better" attitude of city dwellers but then went on to reveal himself as one of those very same people through his inaccurate portrayal of the rest of us.

However, there were some good points he made and he did get some things right.

Old 10-13-2016, 04:25 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
No need to read it....... I truly believe ppl are being controlled BY THE ELITE!!

They have no use of thier own minds and it IS scary!!
Obviously your chip is malfunctioning. We will be by to pick you up tomorrow. Go with the nice people who come to your door. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Old 10-13-2016, 04:38 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
America is controlled by the elitists. Politicians are nothing more than their puppets. They own the news media and use it to brainwash the public.

This current election has been rigged from the start. When Clinton announced she would run we heard little to nothing about Sen Sanders for three months. Sanders did great with the voters but he didn't stand a chance with the superdelegates. Clinton had it sewed up from the start. Trump has be trashed by the news media with articles dating back to almost thirty years. Isn't it obvious that these same allegations would have been available in the republican primaries? So why didn't the other republican candidates drag Trump through the mud then? We only heard about this when Trump became a real threat to Clinton. It is clear the elitists run both the democratic and republican parties. Trump is right about one thing, this election is rigged.
Yes the fix is in but it's not over yet. If people would only take time to understand what is going on instead of jumping on a bandwagon because they were democrats all their lives. If it were the other way around I'd vote for the Hillary no problem.

Wouldn't it be something if people woke up and showed the political elite we the American people aren't so stupid Hillary lost. If Trump is president at least the media would do their job and keep him reined in.

Old 10-13-2016, 04:40 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Very good post!
Many of us are wise and understand history and human nature.

It's more scary than people realize. People come here to escape dictatorships and poverty but the American people who live in a bubble don't understand how these dictators are able to gain control. You don't need a military to take over, it takes people who are struggling willing to buy into someone who promises to save them, and when the media covers for their corruption, it's very dangerous for the people.

When the media stops being the watch dog and is controlled, owned, favored by the political elite or by a party (democrat or republican), it's very dangerous for the people.

Old 10-13-2016, 05:32 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
if those checks were going to be taken away by Republicans, they would have done it a long time ago....
Kind of a uneducated statement, since only Hillary has spoken about ending people's jobs!

Old 10-13-2016, 05:35 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
FWIW - This country has ALWAYS been run by elitists. When our government was set up only men with property and church membership could vote. These men were either rich or well on the way to being rich. The tenant farmers, most wage earners, the slaves and women could not vote. In some places women could not even own property. Year, it was run by the elites.

The conservatives would like to return the control to the elites so only rich, church going men could rule. The Alt-right just want to let the thugs like them rule without any law.
Now we have leaders like President Obama and Hillary who make their money from high paid speeches talking about selling out America. Plus, it is always the left who comes up with names for others, while instilling fear in the poor. Such a party of disgrace!

Old 10-13-2016, 05:46 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,122,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Completely agree with this, and why is this so hard to understand for some ?!
I also would like to add that the 2A remain untouched.

This is why Trump will get my vote. Granted ,I know it is all talk , if he gets elected there will be nothing but roadblocks for him when he tries to propose changes.
The 2A IS A GIVEN!!!

Old 10-13-2016, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turthist View Post
Finally someone who understands the issues instead of all this liberal media crap, focusing on garbage! I can guarantee you westcoast, no one will come in here and logically debate you about these real ISSUES!
Yep too many brainwashed libs

Old 10-13-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post

Totally with you on this!!! I am an engineer & came here for higher studies more than a decade back. Had to work extra hard to maintain my status, get good grades, get internship, job, keep the job until green card. It was not an easy process & thats how it should be. Its a privilege to be in a great country & immigrants have to earn & respect it. Some of my highly qualified engineer friends are still waiting for their green card & some of them moved back home because the illegal immigrants got ahead of them. So according to them, whats the point?? They loved this country as much as I do but felt betrayed & cheated when Dems pushed them aside to help law breakers jump the line.

You know your system is failing when hardworking people get punished & lazy, deceitful freeloaders get rewarded. Its the same reason people left their third world countries to move to an equal opoortunity culture in first world countries. But we are slipping from first world country status & as a result we are losing qualified hardworkers & flooding the country with ignorant, cunning free loaders. Just because an empty mind is easily controlled whereas an educated, rational mind asks questions & not easily convinced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies