Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 12:28 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,840,114 times

Advertisements

Must read through the end:

How Half Of America Lost Its F**king Mind | Cracked.com

Fyi....I am an immigrant woman & voting for Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 01:21 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
No need to read it....... I truly believe ppl are being controlled BY THE ELITE!!

They have no use of thier own minds and it IS scary!!

Old 10-13-2016, 01:45 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times
Illegals need to go
Muslim refugees need to go
Legal immigration needs to stop for 20 years(exceptions for doctors/engineers etc)
H1b visa program needs to stop
Globalism needs to stop
We need strong borders
We need fair trade and bad trade agreements must end
Manufacturing needs to come back

Old 10-13-2016, 02:35 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Illegals need to go
Muslim refugees need to go
Legal immigration needs to stop for 20 years(exceptions for doctors/engineers etc)
H1b visa program needs to stop
Globalism needs to stop
We need strong borders
We need fair trade and bad trade agreements must end
Manufacturing needs to come back
I'm right there with you. If only 51% or more of the voters agreed. That's the mind-boggling thing about it.

Old 10-13-2016, 02:52 AM

19,214 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Here's an interesting read from Mike Rowe. He has some pretty good insight on this.

24 Hours After Last Nights Debate, Mike Rowe Makes A Huge Confession On What He Sees Wrong With This Election

I agreed with him on this little gem ...
Quote:
The undeniable reality is this: our right to vote does not require any understanding of current events, or any awareness of how our government works. So, when a celebrity reminds the country that ‘everybody’s vote counts,’ they are absolutely correct. But when they tell us that ‘everybody in the country should get out there and vote,’ regardless of what they think or believe, I gotta wonder what they’re smoking.

Old 10-13-2016, 02:54 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
What about when a crooked lifetime politician tells everyone to get out and vote for the sake of their identity group?

The real problem isn't so much that we allow and encourage every citizen voting as much as we made over 60 million people citizens many who never should've been.

Old 10-13-2016, 03:06 AM

14,776 posts, read 8,109,336 times
I know Crack usually just deals with Comic Relief and all... But That was actually a very good article...and made some valid points.

I live in Kentucky and we are a very Conservative state, but we are made up mostly of rural areas and smaller towns or small cities. The last several decades our State almost always votes Republican in Presidential Elections...however the cities of Louisville, Lexington and Frankfort most often vote a little more Liberal and go Democratic...So the author may be on to something there.

Old 10-13-2016, 03:07 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,461,836 times
I am glad I don't get to vote in this election, and I just feel sorry for Americans.

I keep reading lots of accusations about both candidates, both seem to have a lot of baggage in terms of personal issues, and indeed in relation to taxes and even national security and emails, criminal accusations and wikileaks.

It's the biggest slinging of dirt I have ever witnessed, I was even reading Bill Clinton has now been accused of raping a woman whilst at Oxford University and there are a string of other such accusations, whilst Hilary Clintons sexuality has also been questioned and even their daughter Chelsea is said to be fathered by another man.

As for Trump, tax evasion, bankruptcy, sexism, locker room talk, racism, that big wall and numerous other issues including the way his companies have operated etc.

Whilst I do have a laugh reading a lot of these accusations, there is a serious side for the US and the world. Sadly if I was American, I think come the 8th November I would take the day off, pull the bed covers up and sleep through the whole damn mess. Americans I have met have been nice people and deserve better than this.

Old 10-13-2016, 03:28 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times
It comes down to supreme court justices, immigration, and globalism.

The choice is clear of you aren't a lefty nut job

Old 10-13-2016, 03:32 AM

14,776 posts, read 8,109,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I am glad I don't get to vote in this election, and I just feel sorry for Americans.

I keep reading lots of accusations about both candidates, both seem to have a lot of baggage in terms of personal issues, and indeed in relation to taxes and even national security and emails, criminal accusations and wikileaks.

It's the biggest slinging of dirt I have ever witnessed, I was even reading Bill Clinton has now been accused of raping a woman whilst at Oxford University and there are a string of other such accusations, whilst Hilary Clintons sexuality has also been questioned and even their daughter Chelsea is said to be fathered by another man.

As for Trump, tax evasion, bankruptcy, sexism, locker room talk, racism, that big wall and numerous other issues including the way his companies have operated etc.

Whilst I do have a laugh reading a lot of these accusations, there is a serious side for the US and the world. Sadly if I was American, I think come the 8th November I would take the day off, pull the bed covers up and sleep through the whole damn mess. Americans I have met have been nice people and deserve better than this.
Yeah, I sort of see your point.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies