Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 01:58 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times

Advertisements

Is it only by overt action that some one or group cross the line?

This is from article in Boston Globe about some Trump supporters who are promising armed rebellions and "blood" if Trump loses to Clinton...
Has Breitbart found any Clinton supporters promising the same?

And if Trump doesn’t win, some are even openly talking about violent rebellion and assassination, as fantastical and unhinged as that may seem.

“If she’s in office, I hope we can start a coup. She should be in prison or shot. That’s how I feel about it,” Dan Bowman, a 50-year-old contractor, said of Hillary Clinton, the Democratic nominee. “We’re going to have a revolution and take them out of office if that’s what it takes. There’s going to be a lot of bloodshed. But that’s what it’s going to take. . . . I would do whatever I can for my country.”

He then placed a Trump mask on his face and posed for pictures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2016, 02:00 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Treason is an act... an action one takes

Speaking is just speaking

The 1st amendment is not there to discuss the weather.
We have the 1st amendment to discuss very, very, very controversial matters, even over throwing and encouraging over throwing government. How ever tyrannical they may be. Just as the founders discussed the overthrow and our independence.
Free speech is a fundamental right to maintain liberty. If I am imprisoned or beheaded for my words no matter how offensive or rebellious they may be, there is no liberty and certainly no freedom.

Old 10-15-2016, 02:04 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post

This is from article in Boston Globe about some Trump supporters who are promising armed rebellions and "blood" if Trump loses to Clinton...

And if Trump doesn’t win, some are even openly talking about violent rebellion and assassination, as fantastical and unhinged as that may seem.

“If she’s in office, I hope we can start a coup. She should be in prison or shot. That’s how I feel about it,” Dan Bowman, a 50-year-old contractor, said of Hillary Clinton, the Democratic nominee. “We’re going to have a revolution and take them out of office if that’s what it takes. There’s going to be a lot of bloodshed. But that’s what it’s going to take. . . . I would do whatever I can for my country.”

That is exactly what this nation was founded on. What country do you think you are in exactly?

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

Old 10-15-2016, 02:10 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,096,706 times
treason was specifically defined in the United States Constitution, the only crime so defined. Article III, section 3 reads as follows:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

Old 10-15-2016, 02:17 PM

That will be the next thing in the progression of our lovely "progressives"

Anyone who criticizes the great Hillary will be rounded up and put in a reeducation camp. That will be the first step.

Then the mass graves follow.

Old 10-15-2016, 02:20 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Unless you're telling secrets that you've sworn to remain silent about, there is no treason in speech.

Old 10-15-2016, 02:22 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,096,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
That will be the next thing in the progression of our lovely "progressives"

Anyone who criticizes the great Hillary will be rounded up and put in a reeducation camp. That will be the first step.

Then the mass graves follow.
Ha! Lighten up, Francis.

Old 10-15-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Ha! Lighten up, Francis.
Don't doubt it. Look at the changes we've seen in the last 5 years.

Old 10-15-2016, 02:24 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,764,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post

Trump wants to put his opponent in prison. That's what communist dictators do.

Old 10-15-2016, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Unless you're telling secrets that you've sworn to remain silent about, there is no treason in speech.
Ask Hillary about how she did that and stayed out of prison. And now the idiots are poised to make her president.

I think saving top secret data on a server exposed to the public qualifies and probably got Americans killed in Benghazi at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies