Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 07:54 AM

29,517 posts, read 22,653,459 times

Advertisements

RIP Pedals.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pedals-be...214900205.html

Quote:
The beloved bear known as "Pedals," who captured the hearts of the nation as he was filmed walking on his hind legs in New Jersey, has been killed, Inside Edition has learned.

Pedals became a sensation after roaming suburban neighborhoods, walking just like a human.

Inside Edition has learned that Pedals was killed on the first day of bow and arrow hunting season.

Pedals walked on its hind legs because his front paws had been injured in an accident. The bear had been seen in backyards scrounging for food.

People who followed the adventures of peddles on social media say they are devastated - especially after hearing that the hunter was reportedly bragging at the weighing station that he took down the famous Pedals.

Old 10-16-2016, 07:58 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Beloved? Until he eats your kid or dog.

Old 10-16-2016, 08:12 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Beloved? Until he eats your kid or dog.
Black bears don't do this! Most of the time they're more afraid of humans, than humans are of them. I live around bears and nothing irritates me more than people who move into bear country and want to trap them. They tend to stay to their selves if a person is smart enough to keep their garbage picked up and contained properly.

The hunter stocked Pedals for 3 yrs.......what an assh*le!

Old 10-16-2016, 08:32 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
The bigger the brag the smaller the person.

Old 10-16-2016, 08:40 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
A crippled bear, better than shooting a healthy one.

Remember Arnold on Green Acres? His death was not a peaceful one.

Old 10-16-2016, 09:11 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,729,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
A crippled bear, better than shooting a healthy one.

Remember Arnold on Green Acres? His death was not a peaceful one.
The healthy one might rip his face off if he missed, right?

If it were a simple act of the bear being in the wrong place at the wrong time, so be it. But this guy actually stalked, and then bragged about taking out the handicapable bear, shows there are azzhats in all walks of life.

BTW, There were six Arnold Ziffels. They had a union contract and were paid $250.00 a day (pretty good for the late '60's). The story about the cast and crew of the show eating him was an urban legend. Although I suppose nobody could claim one way or the other, as to his final disposition being a slab of bacon for someone's breakfast.

CN

Old 10-16-2016, 11:06 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Black bears don't do this! Most of the time they're more afraid of humans, than humans are of them. I live around bears and nothing irritates me more than people who move into bear country and want to trap them. They tend to stay to their selves if a person is smart enough to keep their garbage picked up and contained properly.

The hunter stocked Pedals for 3 yrs.......what an assh*le!
Yes they do. Black bears will go after smaller animals because they like to eat them. Plus you just admitted the Bears go after messy neighbors.

Old 10-16-2016, 12:06 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Not the first time for something like this, won't be the last. At any rate, the previously listed claim that black bears are timid and cuddly is misinformed.. The highest %of bear attacks, in the US are by black bears. Shear numbers, and the greatest likleyhood of human contact explained s that. Attacks by Grizzlies, though usually far more serious, are actually far less common.

Bears are wild animals, and predators , as well. I know that my be a shock to some, but even Pedals had this potential. More so, actually, his being crippled. He would be looking for easy pickinvs, and certainly wouldn't have been above taking gafvets of opportunity. Perhaps, a small child, even. Now, I'm not saying the guy who took him down actually performed a public service, in the traditional sense.

However, to my mind d, it is obvious that a lot of people were taking this critters good nature for granted. So, its more than likely he did save someone from a mauling , down the road. Some bonehead who decided Pedals needed his ears rubbed, or something. I won't call the guy a "hunter", but I'm leaning toward the neighborhood being better off without Pedals. It was just a matter of time before be seriously hurt, or even killed someone.

Old 10-16-2016, 12:22 PM

3,838 posts, read 1,787,299 times
How could someone take this animals life? Sad.

Old 10-16-2016, 12:24 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,537,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The bigger the brag the smaller the person.
whats a bear to eat?? Mr Space invader... you took his home you took his food source
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies