Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 12:36 PM

1,478 posts, read 787,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeKrewe View Post
Clinton Created More Jobs than Reagan + Bush1 + Bush2 COMBINED! Plus you could almost add in all of Ford's jobs also. Democrat Presidents have always been the best Job Creators. President Bill Clinton was the Best in History!!!
http://s9.postimg.org/y9cj3bowv/Jobs_President.jpg
I would question the premise of your post irredentist of what party any President belongs too. Say for example, I personally were elected President of the United States, and under my leadership I successfully could boast of the US achieving 100 percent employment.

Now, aside from that largely happening from me creating federally funded jobs or federally funded job programs, arguably I myself would not have been the one creating jobs. Generally in a capitalist society those citizens that take risk with their money or money they have had loaned to them (from say a bank or personal associates) for the purpose of either creating or expanding a business, they generally are the ones that create jobs.

Politicians can provide the policies that help or hinder job growth in a capitalist nation. And Bill Clinton pushed for subprime loans. Subprime loans essentially mean loans given to people who should not have qualified for loans given what banking refers to as "moral hazard." I think that is the term if I recall correctly. Subprime loans pushed by Bill Clinton, along with the earlier Republican deregulation of the banks, grew the US economy and job growth flourished under Bill Clinton. But that was because both he and the Republicans helped create a housing bubble, helped create the environment were banks and Wall Street defrauded people from all over the world, and essentially put a ticking time bomb underneath the whole US--and global--economy.

Other than Bill Clinton pushed through two Republican wet dreams:

1) Anti-Union NAFTA.

2) Welfare reform.

Two things Republicans generally claim are what help an economy grow, destroying the power of collective bargaining (unions), and reducing the fiscal liberal policies (money) going to the most financially vulnerable in society.

Bill Clinton operated--as supposedly Tony Blair in England did as well--by what was referred to as the "Third Way." Or essentially, as I understand it, a middle ground or blending of traditionally conservative beliefs with those of liberal beliefs pertaining to the economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 12:42 PM

1,478 posts, read 787,855 times
I'm anti-NAFTA by the way.

In terms of housing I would rather see the Federal Government grant x amount of sums to newly weds, non-divorced couples, that are buying a house or condo for the first time, if they fall below x amount household income. Rather than the banks engage in moral hazard by giving out loans--backed up by derivative scams--to people who based on their credit scores ought not be able to be approved for such loans.

I like the concept that housing should be a right--which Gaddafi subscribed to--the challenge is how to reasonably meet and commit to a policy goal like that. The government might not be able to fully but maybe it can help assist in that goal.

Old 10-19-2016, 12:49 PM

776 posts, read 580,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...cs+for+dummies
We're going to need at least a dozen copies.
+1 credit: I have already told you math people, you have no place in politics or government.
Quote:
In the entire history of our country, there's never been a Republican president who hasn't caused a job killing recession or two while he served. In the last 55 years there have been 7 recessions. The 6 worst recessions were caused by Republicans. One minor one caused by Carter.
Democrats have beaten Republicans hands down on job creation every time!
Republicans cause 5 times more Job Killing Recessions.
Ahhh, politics, it isn't who is the most logical, it is who screams the loudest.
Quote:
Exactly = Obama is the first president in over 40 years to Reduce Government Employees !!!
Would that not go against your argument of job creator?

Old 10-19-2016, 12:50 PM

4,251 posts, read 3,170,586 times
Quote:
In the entire history of our country, there's never been a Republican president who hasn't caused a job killing recession or two while he served.

In the last 55 years there have been 7 recessions. The 6 worst recessions were caused by Republicans. One minor one caused by Carter.

Democrats have beaten Republicans hands down on job creation every time!

Republicans cause 5 times more Job Killing Recessions.

Perhaps you can explain to us "specifically" how the Republican Presidents "caused" the recessions.

I about choked on my drink when I read that Jimmy Carter's recession was minor? Seriously? Remember the " Misery Index?" Perhaps you are very young and didn't experience it yourself.

Did you forget about the recession at the end of the Clinton term?

You are either blatantly partisan or just don't have knowlege of who actually controls the purse strings and policies in Washington!

Do you believe that change in economic policy result instantaneous changes?

Old 10-19-2016, 01:07 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Clinton Created More Jobs than Reagan + Bush1 + Bush2 COMBINED! Plus you could almost add in all of Ford's jobs also. Democrat Presidents have always been the best Job Creators. President Bill Clinton was the Best in History!!!
So? He is more interested in chasing tail since Hillary isn't doing it for him.

Old 10-19-2016, 01:49 PM

78,329 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Trump Lies!!!

Black Employment Gained under Clinton & Obama. It plummets under Repubtards!

Click this bar to view the small image.
Of course Trump lies....he's a politician trying to get elected.

However, you're about as good with analytics as Casey Anthony was with child care.

Can you just stop playing with statistics and trying to draw conclusions from graphs?

It's like watching little kids pretending to be chefs and making food out of playdough or mud and sticks.

Old 10-19-2016, 01:59 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
Perhaps you can explain to us "specifically" how the Republican Presidents "caused" the recessions.
He also never stated what Clinton specifically did to create jobs. Evidently he was sitting at his desk printing out job announcements.

Old 10-19-2016, 02:39 PM

78,329 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Carter: Started with 9.2% GDP Growth / Ended with 12% GDP Growth = +2.8%
Reagan: Started with 12% GDP Growth / Ended with 8.6% GDP Growth = -3.4%

Bush#1: Started with 8.6% GDP Growth / Ended with 5.8% GDP Growth = -2.8%

Clinton: Started with 5.8% GDP Growth / Ended with 4.8% GDP Growth = -1%
Bush#2: Started with 4.8% GDP Growth / Ended with -1.9% GDP Growth = -6.7%

Obama: Started with -1.9% GDP Growth / Ended 1rst term with +2.3% GDP Growth = +4.2%

US GDP growth rate has been in decline since Carter's 12% due to Reaganomics "Trickle-Down" BS. Growth rate falls least & only advances under Democrat Presidents.
Well, that is one heck of a playdough cake you just made. Good job.

It's a little disturbing how much time you put into it though, almost as if you think you were making a real case instead of just pretending to play with statistics.

Old 10-19-2016, 05:05 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,791,449 times
Quote:
You know ... data such as this only makes me with more strongly that Al Gore would have won in 2000; indeed, that would have distorted this data at least a little bit.

Old 10-19-2016, 05:06 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,791,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Everyone knows that the president is king of America. He really doesn't execute laws enacted by Congress. He is "Big Brother" and "God" rolled into one.
He can order anyone killed or imprisoned.
By his command, all bow down and worship him.
Right?
Fuhrerprinzip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies