Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 06:52 AM

3,978 posts, read 4,576,579 times

Advertisements

...Kings and Queens? Yes, there were Kings and Queens in Africa (the Rich ones mainly in Northern Africa and not much related to black Americans), and there are might be some small "kingdoms" in Western Africa, but the ones who were sold around as slaves were not descendants of Kings or Queens. Why do black Americans often refer to themselves as Kings or Queens?

You don't see Chinese or Chinese Americans refer to themselves as Kings and Queens, even though there were tons of power kingdoms in all parts of China and some of them are actual descendants from Kings and Queens.

Old 10-24-2016, 06:55 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
I have no idea and I couldn't possibly care less.

Why do you?

Old 10-24-2016, 06:56 AM

28,666 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
...Kings and Queens? Yes, there were Kings and Queens in Africa (the Rich ones mainly in Northern Africa and not much related to black Americans), and there are might be some small "kingdoms" in Western Africa, but the ones who were sold around as slaves were not descendants of Kings or Queens. Why do black Americans often refer to themselves as Kings or Queens?

You don't see Chinese or Chinese Americans refer to themselves as Kings and Queens, even though there were tons of power kingdoms in all parts of China and some of them are actual descendants from Kings and Queens.
Why is such an insignificant thing a "Politics and other Controversies" issue for you? What is the broad social impact that you see in it?

I've seen places with "Corn King and Corn Queen," "Football King and Football Queen," "Rodeo King and Rodeo Queen," even "Rattlesnake Queen."

Why is it an issue for you that black people do it?

Old 10-24-2016, 07:58 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:

I don't know that many people of any race who refer to themselves like that. Only narcissists/people with low self esteem do that. Now, why do you care? I don't make it my business to worry about that. Why do you?

Old 10-24-2016, 08:28 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,588,923 times
Quote:

Then you should look up the Congo and Ghana Empires. And this isn't some Afrocentric mess, it's legit.

Old 10-24-2016, 08:33 AM

3,071 posts, read 3,224,389 times
Quote:

right..........................don't know how this has anything to do w/ politics or why this is important..............

Old 10-24-2016, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Then you should look up the Congo and Ghana Empires. And this isn't some Afrocentric mess, it's legit.
Songhai too. Anyone, I don't know any Black people personally who refer to themselves as "kings and queens". I've heard of it, but I rarely see it.

Old 10-24-2016, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
right..........................don't know how this has anything to do w/ politics or why this is important..............
And it proves the ever-present obsession over Blacks.

Old 10-24-2016, 08:36 AM

6,234 posts, read 8,442,558 times
Delusion!

Old 10-24-2016, 08:57 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,839,757 times
Dont care. If it makes you feel happy & confident, do it!! Doesn't bother me & its not hurting anyone so I dont see any problem with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies