Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 04:41 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

What Trump promises:

FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;

SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health);

THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;

FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;

FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;

SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.

I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205

I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership

I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator

I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately

I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars’ worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.

Lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward

Cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2016, 07:08 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
All wonderful things that would benefit the nation greatly.

Too bad most of the voters are dumbed down idiots that only care about getting free stuff, instead of creating an environment conducive to working for it themselves.

Such an environment enriches themselves and their fellow citizens. Hillary wants us to continue enriching her.

CN

Old 10-24-2016, 07:12 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
What Trump promises:

FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;

SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health);

THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;

FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;

FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;

SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.

I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205

I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator

I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately

I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars’ worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.

Lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward

Cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure

Well he changed his stance a little from the last list-- nothing on the borders on this one-- ok how many congressmen are going to side with him on any of these?

Old 10-24-2016, 08:51 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,929 times
Quote:
What Trump promises:

I have said it before and will say it again, what is more important than this is repealing the 17th Ammendment.

Right now, states have no say in the senate, something that was entirely supposed to be their area of say. Popular elections have stripped the states and ultimately the people of their power over congress. If the 17th was repealed, we would have never gotten the ACA, nor many of the various bills over the decades to which senators ignored their states and made corrupt deals with Washington.

Repeal the 17th and all the power comes back to the states to which every senators job is now contingent on the state assemblies to which they can be recalled at any time, even before the senator is allowed to vote in the senate.

This is a major check of balance in our system and was illegally ratified in the first place. If it is removed, you may find term limits aren't that big of an issue.

Old 10-24-2016, 09:20 AM

29,490 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
What Trump promises:

I'd like to see something said about immigration, and that there will be no more attacks on the 2A , other then that this is an awesome list. He is definitely getting my vote.

Old 10-24-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
I have said it before and will say it again, what is more important than this is repealing the 17th Ammendment.

Right now, states have no say in the senate, something that was entirely supposed to be their area of say. Popular elections have stripped the states and ultimately the people of their power over congress. If the 17th was repealed, we would have never gotten the ACA, nor many of the various bills over the decades to which senators ignored their states and made corrupt deals with Washington.

Repeal the 17th and all the power comes back to the states to which every senators job is now contingent on the state assemblies to which they can be recalled at any time, even before the senator is allowed to vote in the senate.

This is a major check of balance in our system and was illegally ratified in the first place. If it is removed, you may find term limits aren't that big of an issue.

Old 10-24-2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I'd like to see something said about immigration, and that there will be no more attacks on the 2A , other then that this is an awesome list. He is definitely getting my vote.
If you would watch his rally's he is still going to build the wall and come down hard on illegals...and the people that hire them.

that is what Washington and all those bought and paid for by the establishment are afraid of, and oh, btw, there is most certainly voter fraud, most certainly!!!! Our country has become so corrupt....

trump isn't saying anything that isn't true.

If he is elected, I think people will be shocked at all the good he does...but right now, many people are not doing their jobs they are simply listening to the media....they don't even know the media is liberal.

Old 10-24-2016, 01:37 PM

47 posts, read 20,070 times
Too little, too late. His greatest strength became his greatest weakness.

Old 10-24-2016, 06:17 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,677,849 times
His "wish list" only serves to demonstrate his terrible lacking in knowledge, how in the hell did he think things got to the point that we need such a complete overhaul of our system? Does he think all that corruption is the result of "accidental" actions on the part of pols in the past? Has he really got any ideas of just HOW this overhaul will be accomplished? It reminds me of the attempts to clean up organized crime from the twenties on in America, the master criminals went deeper into the bowels of banking, insurance construction, shipping, and a ton of other pursuits with the idea of "legitimizing" their enterprise.

Covert corruption, of course, became the order of the day, and even if I DID believe the Trumpster, (I don't) he can't possibly refute the "work" of a century of American corrupt politics, BUT---it sure does sound good on the campaign platform. And a worse pitchman for the anti establishment BS he espouses is hard to imagine, yeah, sure, a loud talking, ego-maniacal, blustery billionaire is going to tear up the corrupt elite and throw them from the temple, and that kids, is how the US became GREAT AGAIN....Maybe Donald should consider a career in stand up comedy. At his new club---The Wall..

And, in other news, the magpie meister of career politics will be allowing us all a peek into her next criminal exploits meant to enrich her and Billy Bob's full retirement, after all, fleecing the public being a thing of hard work and dedication to one's self interest deserves some worthy reward. Upon taking office Mrs C will throw Putin to the mat, then Assad, maybe even Monica, then snapping the "Orange One" in two like a twig, and the city then will be safe again for the political criminals to walk the streets of DC once more, ahh, hope and change kids, yeah, meet the new boss........

Old 10-24-2016, 06:29 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Bernie was a much better choice, and unlike Trump, would have actually been electable. Too bad. Trump isn't going to win, no way no how. With his constant flip-flopping and putting his foot in his mouth, it's hard to believe anything he says
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections