Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2016, 03:12 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,237,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
LBJ~ "I'll have those n****rs voting Democratic for 200 years."
Don't be LBJ's n*****r.
Don't try to be cute.

We'll be whatever we want to be. And your advice IS NOT duly noted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
man, do you ever post anything that is race related?
I just did. Look at the title of the thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 04:13 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,601,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The solid south is already broken up. Anyways the term initially applied to the South voting for Democrats.

Virginia, North Carolina, and Florida all have voted for Obama at least once.

I also would argue that it is more to do with white southerners becoming more diverse in their votes than more African Americans voting (in lock step).

The black vote is anything but meaningless...as they virtually all vote the same way. The GOP must find a way to win some of that share.
Obama won NC once for 3 simple reasons

1.the amount of transplants here from the North creating the very problems here they they moved away to escape from.
2. the amount of African americans voting more than once(which is why we need voted ID enforced-witnessed this personally)
3. the amount of people over the age of 120 voting blue no matter who is on the ballot.

Last edited by tripleh; 10-26-2016 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: apparently ******* is a censored word here.

Old 10-27-2016, 01:53 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,237,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
Obama won NC once for 3 simple reasons

1.the amount of transplants here from the North creating the very problems here they they moved away to escape from.
2. the amount of African americans voting more than once(which is why we need voted ID enforced-witnessed this personally)
3. the amount of people over the age of 120 voting blue no matter who is on the ballot.
You witnessed blacks voting more than once?

You don't say?

Old 10-27-2016, 02:27 AM

30,449 posts, read 19,211,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr0polis View Post
blacks voted as a greater share of proportion to the population than whites in 2012.

whoever says the black vote is irrelevant is a complete moron.

why else do you see whites on here always questioning black voting habits. they know if clinton gets obama like numbers with blacks they got no chance.

No one says that. I seriously doubt blacks are going to vote for Crooked Hillary in anything close to the numbers they voted for Obama. Blacks are never going to forgive Republicans for giving them their freedom but I bet more will vote for Trump to escape the welfare shackles the Dems have on them.

Old 10-27-2016, 05:01 AM

89,067 posts, read 44,895,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
What "free goodies" do educated professionals get from Democrats?
Seriously?

Your College Professor Could Be On Public Assistance - NBC News

Liberals in academia, for one. Highly educated but their work has little value.

Old 10-27-2016, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Name me one time besides salvery were Republicans have had blacks best interest at heart?
I'll wait
Every election. 2/3 of adult Blacks support school vouchers, but they then keep voting for Democrats, who insist on keeping their kids trapped in their abysmal public schools and therefore socioeconomically oppressed for life. For which they then continue to vote for Dems' promises of ever more freebies.

How are Blacks not recognizing and understanding the heinously oppressive cycle Dems have subjected them to and will continue to for decades past and decades to come?
Quote:
"Pro-voucher voters among racial minorities overwhelmingly support Barack Obama, but they are baffled by the Democratic nominee's opposition to vouchers. They also say they are frustrated that Democratic leaders appear to be more concerned about keeping the peace with teachers unions --which adamantly oppose vouchers-- than about finding alternatives that could advance desperately needed education reforms for minority students.

...Public opinion polls also show solid support for school vouchers among minority parents. Sixty-five percent of adult African-Americans and 63 percent of adult Hispanics favor the use of vouchers, according to a national survey conducted earlier this year under the auspices of the journal Education Next and the Program on Education Policy and Governance at Harvard University. In the survey, more than half of minority adults gave higher marks to their local police than their public schools."There is no doubt that on this issue, ...Obama has it wrong," Martin wrote."
https://web.archive.org/web/20140404..._questione.php

Old 10-27-2016, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Actually, the only one implying that minorities can't think for themselves here is you. The poster you are responding to is black, and you are telling her/him that they don't understand black voter mentality? Funny stuff.
Funny? Hardly. More like truly sad that Blacks continue to vote for their own oppression. Read my prior post on education.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:38 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,836,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You don't have to keep restating that you are black. We are both black... and even though we are not total in alignment, I like how you lay out your points for discussion.

With regards to state/fed regulations... there are instances where the fed dictates how the state regulates through how funds are dispersed... not all regulations, but some.

I am aware that blacks complain about Dems - but in the end usually vote for Dems. This time seems a little different to me. Even Farrakhan has been very public about HRC being evil. Again - not expecting a huge move away from HRC - but some movement.

Yes - there is very little coming from the right side of the aisle with regards to blacks... but I think even if they make a move in our direction it would be received with skepticism. To me - you can't worry about that. I look at it from a practical standpoint about what works for society (not just myself) and what doesn't.

Trump - I still don't know if I am voting for him because I don't know what to expect. And I have always thought he would not be in it to win it - but was only there to facilitate an HRC victory - which was the case in 1992, 1996 with Perot helping Clinton get elected. I have another week or so before early voting is over.
Just wanted to note on the black that Farrakhan thinks all white people are devils and evil lol.

I personally think he is a racist and hate monger and I don't follow the black nationalist mindset so never take any of them seriously.

But I agree with the other points you mentioned but for a majority of businesses, they are not affected by federal regulations. Most lay Americans are not opening up a coal operation for instance. Even construction related jobs are not heavily affected by federal regulations. They are affected by state and local regulations. In my city, they have some ridiculous rules/regs in regards to construction contractors in particular that start at the state level and go down to the county and city. I have quite a few family members who own their own businesses outside of my husband. Most are service related (consulting), construction/trade, food service (restaurant/food truck), or childcare service providers. All of them except consulting is heavily regulated by the state and local government and not the feds.

On the right and black people, I'm sure that you give "the right" a good listening to when they are around. I also do. I am an independent and I do think that black people labeling ourselves as independent and not aligning ourselves with a specific party is on the rise. I know a lot of black Americans in my age group (late 30s-early 40s) and younger who are independents. I have millenial nephews and cousins who are also independent and they particularly like Rand Paul. So I think it is ridiculous for the GOP to not believe that black people will listen to them and vote on issues that are important to us that they are promoting. InformedConsent mentioned vouchers. Even though a lot of Democrats today, especially where I live are in support of vouchers, that really is more of a thing that the GOP has pushed to get passed in many areas. Black Americans are overwhelmingly in support of school vouchers. If the GOP candidate tailors their message to what Black Americans want then they will be listened to and supported. Not by 90% but even if they can pull 20-30% of us in a national election, that will make a huge difference for them.

I mention it often but here in Ohio Kasich got nearly 30% of the black vote in Ohio in our last gubernatorial election. He did it because of focusing on MBEs, school vouchers (expanding the "EdChoice" program), and accepting the ACA Medicaid expansion. He went to black churches, business organizations, and community groups with his message. When candidates listen to black people about what our issues are and tailor their message to us, then we will give them some support.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:39 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,070,744 times
And, the subject was? Is it any wonder the problems we have as a nation, when 'we' cannot stay focused? That is why the 'free stuff', for all, so easily distracts.

When public schools administration caused the curriculum to diverge away from a classical education focus, critical thinking skills began to dissipate. Distraction is easy, focus is a challenge.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Just wanted to note on the black that Farrakhan thinks all white people are devils and evil lol.
Reverend Wright, who Obama referred to as his spiritual advisor of 20+ years, the Reverend who married the Obamas, and the Reverend who baptized Obama's daughters has that same belief and preaches such. What do you have to say about that?

Reverend Wright while visiting a traditionally Black Church (much like Obama's Trinity Church in Chicago) in Washington, D.C. in 2012:
Quote:
"Take that baby, him or her, away from the African mother, away from the African community, away from the African experience ... and put them Africans over at the breasts of Yale, Harvard, University of Chicago ... UCLA or UC-Berkeley," he said. "Turn them into biscuits. Let them get that alien DNA all up inside their brain and they will turn on their own people in defense of the ones who are keeping their own people under oppression. Sheep dogs."

"There's white racist DNA running through the synapses of his or her brain tissue. They will kill their own kind ...defend the enemies of their kind, not anyone who is perceived to be the enemy of the milky white way of life."
Wright: We need control
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies