Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 11:20 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,592,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You could have posted things you think Hillary will do that benefits Americans. Instead you're voting for Hillary, (who made sure you're candidate didn't win by cheating) as an anti-Trump vote. You do realize that you're doing exactly what they expect you to do right? LOL, you're being played. and you thought you were smart lol

They're playing you like a fiddle LOL

Ok got it.
I am smart, because I realize that Jill Stein, the only candidate left who I want to vote for, has no chance in hell of winning, so voting for her would be throwing my vote away, and would give one more point to Trump between the two candidates who actually have a shot of winning
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 11:21 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,001,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Because I'm not a conservative/libertarian and never will be, I won't vote for that
Then don't be a hypocrite and write in Bernie's name. He may have guts made of rice paper but that doesn't mean his supporters do.

BTW, not voting for the Clinton Cartel or Trump.
P.S. you only "throw your vote away" if you DON'T VOTE at all.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:48 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,724,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
They do think people are stupid and they do understand human nature. They understood the plan would collapse under it's own weight and people would naturally panic. Single payer was the ultimate goal, and people will be clamoring for the government to step in and set it up. It's despicable and evil, but the end-game was always single payer, no matter who got screwed.

You folks think it's bad now...Wait till you see what happens when the government takes over health care. Just look what happened to college loans.
FBI to reopen Hillary Clinton email investigation | The Independent

Old 10-28-2016, 04:13 PM

4,252 posts, read 3,172,411 times
Quote:
Because of the "Nader effect". Almost nobody votes third party, so if I voted for Jill Stein, I would be defacto giving Trump my vote by taking a vote away from Hillary. I don't want this to be another 2000 election, where Ralph Nader, Katherine Harris, and the Supreme Court all cost Gore the election
If you really think about it, Al Gore, cost Al Gore the election! He couldn't even win his home state!

Old 10-30-2016, 07:42 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,945,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movingrightalong... View Post
It isn't.

One of the gotchas of Obamacare is that all policies have to be Ocare compliant whether you get them through the marketplace or not. That is why when you look at your employer's offered health insurance policies if you are lucky enough to still have it there are three options...gold, silver, bronze.

Trump 2016.
The plans should be labeled lead,iron and copper instead of gold silver and bronze

Old 10-30-2016, 07:51 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,945,803 times
Quote:
I would die before I voted for a Republican
you may well die if the dems are successful in their plans to destroy healthcare so they can replace it with a plan that gives them life and death absolute power over us, because then only the poltically connected and the elites will be able to obtain good healthcare

Old 11-04-2016, 09:16 AM

3 posts, read 6,603 times
Default Insurance Rate Hike

Our policy with Blue Cross went from $137.50 last year to $832.84....A raise of a whopping 605%. So if we pay our premiums each month and then our deductible of $13,000 for both of us it would cost $22984 per year. How can anyone construe this as "affordable" ? I think we will decide to opt out and pay our costs as we go and hope for nothing catastrophic to happen.

Old 11-04-2016, 09:26 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,600,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiessay View Post
Our policy with Blue Cross went from $137.50 last year to $832.84....A raise of a whopping 605%. So if we pay our premiums each month and then our deductible of $13,000 for both of us it would cost $22984 per year. How can anyone construe this as "affordable" ? I think we will decide to opt out and pay our costs as we go and hope for nothing catastrophic to happen.
Wow. How anyone can think that the majority of people can suddenly add an extra $700 to their monthly expenses and be okay with it, is beyond me.

Is the $13K actually your deductible? Because beyond that, there is an out-of-pocket maximum amount you must meet before they start paying your bills at 100%. So they may pay 70% after you reach $13K, until you spend another $1500 or so on top of that, and then they'll start paying everything.

Old 11-04-2016, 09:34 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,856,133 times
For increases in Obamacare, Thank Marco Rubio - he added a provision to the omnibus bill that took away the subsidies for increases. This is how it works - the republicans break the system, then complain it doesn't work.

Old 11-04-2016, 09:36 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,730,943 times
I'm not a Rubio fan but he is way better than the Murphy/Obama choice that will bankrupt Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies