Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2016, 11:39 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Interesting that the charge of that is from Doug Band who struck out on his own and is angry at Chelsea for telling people what she found out about him and his partner in Teneo. It's a he said, she said situation. No one knows who is telling the truth.

Wow!

And apparently John Podesta is in on it too because he played along in a 2012 e-mail exchange made public by WikiLeaks..

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/52046

Thank for letting us know in advance that "No one knows who is telling the truth." because I was just going to believe what I read with my own eyes instead of outsourcing my thought process to an on-line Clinton apologist hack.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:54 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
Oh, don't get me wrong .. I don't like the 'establishment' of either party. Most Americans who are voting for Trump don't. We wanted change from the damage that both sides have done. And that in great part is something I am almost sure that most of you on the Dem side don't realize or want to recognize at all. You are too partisan to see it. Trump may be running under the Republican banner but he is not made in their mold, believe me. This was not a fight between Democrats and Republicans this time. It was a fight between facets who want NWO/globalism/corruption/control and submission of the people and those who want freedom and prosperity and safety for a single country - this one.

But, most of all, I wanted a President who would make ME and people like me feel 'included'. I am tired of being called things like racist for no reason whatsoever. It is defeatist and divisive but it is sanctioned at all levels of government these days - and that is what you back I gather. I am tired of being ridiculed and called deplorable - for what? For standing up for America? I am tired of being told I am scum because (through no fault of my own) I happen to have been born with skin that is different than the soup du jour. I don't care what colour you are - I care about your character. We are tired of lies, empty promises and nasty rhetoric. We are tired of being put in danger needlessly by people who seem to think it is ok for them to break laws, for people from other countries to come in merrily and break laws and live off us. I am tired of being 'not good enough' for the President to say ... I stand for ALL Americans .. and mean it.

I have listened and watched for over 8 years as Obama has divided this country. I have not yet heard ONE speech where he addressed EVERYONE in the country .. not ONE! That is sad. I have never heard him say 'ALL Americans' - except if he was issuing an order. I have never heard him really mean it when he says 'we need to come together'. I have watched him deliberately ignore events and people - anyone who he doesn't like (while catering to his special interests) - just like a bully in the school yard might do. I am tired of the childishness and corruption in government - from both sides. If you can't see that is what he has done ... you are one of 'them' ... you have been assimilated.

That said though .. I cannot trust Democrats because it seems that most are truly mean to the core - and if there are good ones out there, people I would like to sit down and have coffee with and could trust, I have no idea how to identify who they are any more. I may not like what the Republicans in Congress do but I am not talking about them - I am talking about 'person on the street' Democrats - the ones who have defaced buildings, who tell us we are scum daily around here, the ones who are committing violence in the name of the party and seem to get such glee from it. There are some young hotheads who say they are Republican too .. I will avoid them as well, don't worry - but for the most part their offenses are verbal and in defense when attacked. But, in my experience, that is not the general modus operandi of the average Republican - nor is it of Independents (which group I 'belong' to I guess - loosely).

Somehow in the past decade or so it seems to me that at least half the brains that used to have some sense have somehow been morphed. We just cannot possibly agree any more. You say Trump lies. I say I have never heard a lie out of Trump during this election but almost everything I hear from Hillary is a lie. You will tell me (most likely) that Obama IS inclusive .. and I will tell you he is divisive and deliberately so. You like the Rules for Radicals and Alinsky - I think those are anathema for me. They espouse deviousness to get whatever you want. Just not my credo. I am not part of the 'me'/'me first'/'only I count' generation. What makes it ok with you to hurt other people just to see them squirm, so you can get your jollies off? I will never understand that mindset.

Old Guard Democrats were often good people with actually relatively very minor differences from Old Guard Republicans (and Independents) in how they wanted to approach fixing issues. As I intimated, I had a lot in my family. Those who are still alive today are not as they were even 15-20 years ago. Nothing can be discussed with them any more. I stay away these days. Once they were polite about everything .. now they are just rude.

How do we heal these very wide gaps that politicians and the school systems have created? I don't think it is possible any more under someone like Hillary or her ilk. I actually think it might be possible in a generation if we were to elect Trump this week - I think he will start the process though it will take a generation most likely for those morphed brains to begin to think properly again.
It is astonishing that people place trust and faith in a huckster such as Trump and actually have talked themselves into believing that he is here for anyone but himself. Desperation for something and someone non-establishment has corrupted common sense when you give a self-serving grifter attributes he simply does not possess.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:22 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
Default What!?!? No FBI charges against Clinton after all?

So, the trumpists will be back in a few to tell us that somehow clinton 'got to' comey, right? How can it be? Unfair! Rigged!

"Comey says the investigative team that analyzed a new trove of emails that were either to or from Hillary Clinton has finished its work — and that the review doesn't change the findings he put forth in July, when he said no charges will be pursued against Clinton."

FBI Finishes Hillary Clinton Email Review: 'We Have Not Changed Our Conclusions,' Comey Says : The Two-Way : NPR

Old 11-07-2016, 03:40 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
So, the trumpists will be back in a few to tell us that somehow clinton 'got to' comey, right? How can it be? Unfair! Rigged!

"Comey says the investigative team that analyzed a new trove of emails that were either to or from Hillary Clinton has finished its work — and that the review doesn't change the findings he put forth in July, when he said no charges will be pursued against Clinton."

FBI Finishes Hillary Clinton Email Review: 'We Have Not Changed Our Conclusions,' Comey Says : The Two-Way : NPR
Couldn't rep you again, so I am just repeating the post.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
quoted from a comment on the article cited:

"it took 2 years to go through 30,000 emails and one week to go through 650,000. smells like a cover up."

heartily agree. DC is corrupt to the core.
hmmm... didn't they say that they been going through the email already when the story broke? And, it really doesn't take a genius to design a program to search for certain words in emails, so that they would only be looking at those that applied to clinton somehow, and compare those to what they already have. But, hey, it is all a conspiracy, right?

Old 11-07-2016, 03:57 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,542,084 times
the GOP looking for that "one" email to get on Clinton is akin to Dem looking for that "one" leak on Trump...

it just ain't going to come up, it isn't there

Old 11-07-2016, 03:58 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
1. FBI did not clear Hillary, as pointed out.

2. You people need to get it through your thick skulls that "guilty" is based on actual standards based on US court law, not your random and unsubstantiated opinions formed off of stupid internet posts.

3. If the FBI does not conclude in favor of your opinion, that does not in any way necessarily mean things are "rigged." It more likely means the requisite standards were not met.

Old 11-07-2016, 04:21 AM

7,737 posts, read 5,518,049 times
Conservative propaganda believers need to get a grip on life.

Old 11-07-2016, 04:21 AM

Default oops, there he goes lying at a rally yet again

Just heard a snippet on Fox, for like the millionth time this morning, trump at a rally yesterday... saying "you can't go over the emails in 8 days".. No joke?

What part of they were already going through them when comey wrote the letter doesn't trump get?

What part of they had a program with an algorithm that weeded out text that referred to clinton, etc., that allowed them to scan for ones that they wanted to examine doesn't he get?

What part of it isn't a great idea to lie so much doesn't he get?

As an aside, what part of calling people "folks" is hokey and makes him sound like a reincarnation of George Wallace doesn't he get?

Old 11-07-2016, 04:24 AM

7,737 posts, read 5,518,049 times
My favorite catch phrase lie of the week is the "clintons Wikileaks connection to ISIS"

It takes a special kind of dumb to believe this stuff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies