Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 04:21 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
What I learned from this election is that we haven't progressed from the civil rights movement, women's movement, etc... as much as I thought. I was a Bernie Sanders supporter; I didn't like Clinton. I was on the fence this election until the Billy Bush tape and the sexual harassment allegations. I was probably never going to vote for Trump after he made fun of that disabled guy, but I was thinking 3rd party, Johnson or Stein.
What I have learned from this thread is that actual issues seem to have played no part whatsoever in your decision making process when you chose who to vote for in this election.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:24 PM

1,369 posts, read 2,136,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Do I need to post my graphs again of DOJ statistics showing that blacks are 27x more likely to attack a non-black than vice versa, and that whites commit the lowest rate of interracial crime, or that blacks attack whites about half the time they commit violent crime, and Hispanics attack whites over half the time they victimize?

Liberals lie. They got to keep the lies going to scapegoat whites and make them the bane of all things good.
Bull****. Sources??

Old 11-09-2016, 04:31 PM

10,069 posts, read 7,241,915 times
Quote:
Trump is a blunt, non-polished political speaker and does engage in hyperbole at times, I'll give you that.

The point he was making is the mostly lower class and many of the criminal of latin America have been illegally crossing our border. Why is it when one rightfully criticizes actions and behaviors of any non-white identity group members, it's "racism!"? But if you criticize white identity group members, it's supposedly enlightenment and virtue? That's the racism.
Have they??? I haven't seen crime stats that show that.

I do sympathize to the extent that there seems to be no one "standing up" for white people. We get blamed for a lot... for stuff that most of us as individuals were not to blame for and did not ask for. Every other group - blacks, hispanics, etc... all kind of have a "champion" and they seem to have little things in their favor like affirmative action, etc...

I'm not dismissive of that & know where it's coming from... but with Trump I think think they went a little overboard.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
What I have learned from this thread is that actual issues seem to have played no part whatsoever in your decision making process when you chose who to vote for in this election.
No I don't think issues mattered at all. Trump was all over the place on the issues. His platform was "win, win win!" He said in his victory speech he's going to build new infrastructure & it's going to be world class. Okay, great! With what money? Because he's also going to cut taxes for everyone.

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
I don't really care about Trump vs. Hillary. Didn't like either of them, but reluctantly decided to vote Hillary after the "Grab them by the P***sy" tape.

However, I feel very sorry for minorities in this country, and to a lesser extent women who want to go to college and not be housewives or trophy wives. They just got a BIG middle finger from the non-college whites in this country.

A friend of mine has an adopted daughter from China. Even before the election, other kids at school were telling her she needed to go home. She didn't understand & went home crying. I'm really scared for what she will face now.

Every bully in this country just got validated.

I'm from Texas, can turn on my accent if I want to talk conservative, and I'm a combat vet with 6 years service in the Army. And I'm white. Trump supporters won't hate on me; I can blend in with them.

What I would hate to be now, is a Muslim woman who wears any kind of head scarf or something that outs her as a Muslim.
You assume much. It won't be that way. People know what's right and wrong man. Even conservatives.

2,181 posts, read 1,629,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Agreed, he should have treated these undocumented immigrants with the same respect as they showed for our immigration laws.

Oh, wait.
I agree.

I'm from Arizona and lived there for decades. Most of the people on here making comments about illegal immigration have never lived in it right where its happening. It hurts us and them. I've known both legal and illegal aliens. There is a big difference. Those that come here legally speak English well enough and are better able to find employment and take care of themselves. Because they have a right to be here they aren't at risk for being exploited by others the way an illegal person is. Illegal aliens will live 25 or more people in the tiniest of apartments because they can be illegally paid dirt pay in cash and what else are you going to do? Do you know what this does to neighborhoods?

Why don't we fix Mexico? Why doesn't Mexico fix Mexico? If you could fix what problems are in it you wouldn't have people trying to leave in droves. I've been there. Gorgeous beaches, the culture is bright and colorful, great food. Potential everywhere. Something is so wrong when its own people can't tap into it.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:35 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,233,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...it ain't that bad, dude.
Lol desert. Hey OP if what you say happened really happened, then it is unfortunate and those Muslims and Asians will have to get out there and fight the good fight for their rights just like us Black folks had to do. As for us, we are retired and we wish everyone well.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:36 PM

1,718 posts, read 1,055,943 times
Quote:
I don't deny it at all. A majority of one group was voting for Mexico and La Raza, another was voting for BLM, another muh China and Asian. It wasn't just racial/ethnically though. Another was voting for female identity, another for muh Islam etc.

Whites were really just voting for America they knew and to not be imposed upon and scapegoated with government backing for another 4 years.
Very well said. rep

Old 11-09-2016, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
You assume much. It won't be that way. People know what's right and wrong man. Even conservatives.
We can hope. I've seen some isolated incidents that are not encouraging, but hopefully courtesy, etiquette and decency have not completely died. Generally speaking I found Trump to be an offensive person. I don't like rudeness or arrogance.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:52 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,344,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
You're right but that's not the point...he has brought out the bully in a lot of people regardless of what his real plans are. Even here in relatively purple Long Island, there is evidence of what the OP talks about..I know people who teach in schools from k-12 and most of them have seen the kind of nasty stuff that they haven't seen before, and it's emboldened by Trump.

I don't think he won the election because of that, but to deny that element being there is a fallacy.
Racial division in this country is related to the obsession of the Democrats in classifying people according to race and ethnicity. We have more racial classes than Nazi germany or the old South Africa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies