Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 05:01 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
The point was that the liberal cultural advances move forward even with a GOP POTUS and Congress .
How is condoning one specific racial group's use of racial epithets in public "liberal cultural advances?" You DO realize that in doing so you're admitting that liberal culture values include racism, no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2016, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
It's your lies the nation just rejected..... resoundingly.

I reckon you need some time to process it, so I'll leave you to it.
Exactly. Couldn't have said it better.

Old 11-12-2016, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Jayy View Post
But is it really a mistake? Think about it..they barely lost the election using that strategy, and won two elections based on it by significant margins.
They double-downed on it this election, and look at what happened: a big drop in Dem voter turnout at the polls, and an increase in the percentage of Black and Hispanic votes for the GOP over 2012. So, yeah, Dems would be wise to consider it a mistake.

Old 11-12-2016, 05:35 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
*sigh*

Hear any whites people talking out loud about "the nlggers" at work ? See anyone posting on their FB accounts about the "nlggers" ?

Make some honest attempt to understand what I was saying .
"Make some honest attempt to understand what I was saying"

I understand PERFECTLY what you are saying.

"Originally Posted by wallflash
Oh please , spare me your bull manure . America voted with its pocketbook, and completely rejected moral and ethical principles to elect a sexual molester"

And it isn't worth spit!

Old 11-12-2016, 05:44 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They double-downed on it this election, and look at what happened: a big drop in Dem voter turnout at the polls, and an increase in the percentage of Black and Hispanic votes for the GOP over 2012. So, yeah, Dems would be wise to consider it a mistake.
"an increase in the percentage of Black and Hispanic votes for the GOP over"

I read where Trump got MORE white women voters then Hillary also.

I guess her pandering to, "Women, elect me to be the first woman President" didn't go over as big as she thought it would !

Old 11-12-2016, 02:30 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,905,231 times
Quote:
The point was that the liberal cultural advances move forward even with a GOP POTUS and Congress .
Yes. Here in Maine, Republicans did well (and we have the most conservative governor in the country). But beyond specific politicians, we also: approved pot, hiked the minimum wage massively, approved ranked choice voting, put in an extra tax on semi-wealthy people, and (yet again) approved a big bond package ( I think it was 100 million).
These are all leftist moves. And it's like this every single year. Little by little, the country moves left, due to who we are as people. And how did we get that way?? The culture is liberal; the left OWNS the media, schools, entertainment, higher education, social media---everything.

Old 11-12-2016, 02:37 PM

18,494 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Little by little, the country moves left, due to who we are as people. And how did we get that way?? The culture is liberal; the left OWNS the media, schools, entertainment, higher education, social media---everything.
The left doesn't own evangelical Christian churches. Those are owned by the right.

Old 11-12-2016, 02:45 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,087,690 times
Default Democrats keep doing the same thing.... Don't change....

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Sure, Republicans have won elections lately....but the culture is where it's at. Everything else eventually flows from that. And you still OWN that--the media, entertainment, academia, public schools, etc.
Little by little, you work the country leftward....incrementally....every year.
Your future looks bright.
The GOP has the largest majority in winning big in both the executive branch and legislative branch since 1920. Both houses are still GOP. Over 30 governors are now republican as are over 30 state Attorney generals at the state level.

If democrats think they are winning and continue the same course of supporting BLM, corrupt primary nomination elections, and far extreme policies of open borders, then more elections will be lost in 2018.

Old 11-12-2016, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
The left doesn't own evangelical Christian churches. Those are owned by the right.
As you know,fewer and fewer people identify as practicing Christians. The Church is dying in America. And among the different denominations, the "mainline Peotestant" ones have become more and more liberal, as has the Catholic Church. (The fastest growing religion in America is Islam, and American Muslims are SOLIDLY Democrat).

Old 11-12-2016, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
The GOP has the largest majority in winning big in both the executive branch and legislative branch since 1920. Both houses are still GOP. Over 30 governors are now republican as are over 30 state Attorney generals at the state level.

If democrats think they are winning and continue the same course of supporting BLM, corrupt primary nomination elections, and far extreme policies of open borders, then more elections will be lost in 2018.
I am a hardcore conservative Republican. We can win election after election, but that does almost nothing to slow the liberalization of our culture/society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies