Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 07:53 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,674,904 times

Advertisements

Folk do have a right to vote! Folk also have a right not to vote. But for a person who puts himself out there in leadership, a stand against the national anthem is fine. But leaders have to lead people to where it counts. And voting counts. Sitting and standing for anthems, while courageous......don't count!

Even a Ted Cruz telling folk at the Convention to 'vote your conscience' is still telling people to put it where it counts!

I, however, don't agree with Stephen A, saying that Kap should be blackballed by the media! I don't agree with "take the camera away from him!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2016, 07:55 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Amazing.

Multimillionaire pampered sports star disrespects all those who fought and even died to give him the right to vote.

Stephen A. Smith calls Colin Kaepernick a ‘flaming hypocrite’ for not voting
Typical of the snowflake generation.

He's too lazy to get off his ass and vote to affect the politics for his own community. Then he whines that his views are not being expressed.

Old 11-11-2016, 08:03 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,961,493 times
Lol I'm guessing you combined Stephen Smith with Colin Kaepernick.

Slow down Waldo.

Old 11-11-2016, 08:08 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,575,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I don't know his motivations, but it's not a crime not to vote.

FYI no one died defending his freedoms, or yours or mine.
He said he wouldn't vote for either one two months ago. He had issues with Trump's exploitation of racism and xenophobia among a large segment of the population. If you're protesting against police treatment of minorities, you're definitely not voting for Trump. As a Muslim, he would also have issues with the Clinton policies in the Middle East and domestic 'counterterrorism' which turned many of the population against Arabs and Muslims.

Anybody can vote in any country. If there was really a democracy, there wouldn't be the 97 to 99 percent of the vote going to the same two parties all the time. Some grass-roots political movement would have emerged by now.

Old 11-11-2016, 08:22 AM

649 posts, read 316,626 times
Apparently his lack of talent , jailhouse looking tattoos & that rats nest on his head wasn't getting him enough attention .

Old 11-11-2016, 08:28 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
They did. Revolutionary War, Civil War, WW1, WW2, and hosts of others. i.e. your response is still fallacious.
I was not alive for any of those wars nor were Kaepernick and probably not you, and aside from the first one, none were fought to protect/ensure any of our freedoms.

Old 11-11-2016, 09:03 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I was not alive for any of those wars nor were Kaepernick and probably not you, and aside from the first one, none were fought to protect/ensure any of our freedoms.
I support your right to believe anything that you wish no matter how wrong it is.

Old 11-11-2016, 09:11 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,226,625 times
Ok, **** it. I'm done.

To all of you mad, you're ****ing dumb as ****! I'm sorry, but you need to here this. Let me be perfectly clear here: Colin Kaepernick DOES NOT MATTER. He doesn't. Nothing he says, does, or thinks is even slightly relevant. Do you know what he does? He plays football. That's it.

To all of you who ***** and moan about the media, maybe consider this. It's not that the media's too liberal, it's that they generate controversy. Who really cares what he thinks? Seriously. He plays football for a living. As is, the NFL is basically set up as a distraction, but even if we decide that sport news isn't just distractions, anything a specific football player says is. He's not a political philosopher, analysts, scholar, or even really person. His little statement, big picture, means nothing. The average combat vet realistically doesn't care as they did fight for his freedom to do that (so they say), and ultimately, he does nothing else. His significance is based on the reaction. If people would respond to this like normal people, they'd say "he plays football so who cares what he thinks" and then you'd never really hear about him outside of ESPN. But it's made into a controversy.

You wanna no why the media isn't very critical of Hillary? Well, surely there are a number of reasons, but maybe they could get away with fewer of them if they couldn't treat a football player making some arbitrary and ultimately meaningless political statement as if it matters. People who are acting as if Colin Kaepernick is somehow the ideological opposite of America are the reason the media is ****. I hope you feel like human garbage. I really mean that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies