Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 09:27 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

I like this choice. Ellison is perfect for the job. His liberal bonafides are exactly what we need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 09:31 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,606,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I like this choice. Ellison is perfect for the job. His liberal bonafides are exactly what we need.
Enjoy the Republican supermajorities!

Old 11-13-2016, 09:40 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
OK? A Keith Ellison nomination sure won't make working class white people in the Rust Belt feel too recognized. Many people have very legitimate concerns about terrorism, and it seems the DNC doesn't care.
What does terrorism have to do with the working class or Keith Ellison ??????

The prevailing argument in this thread is that the problem is that he is black and Muslim, none of you have mentioned policies.

Lets also be clear, the DNC chairman's Job is to elect Democrats, not propose policy. He is basically the Chief Marketer and nothing more.

Old 11-13-2016, 09:48 PM

3,332 posts, read 1,963,864 times
If they choose this angry nut-burger muslim the democrats will wander in the wilderness for a generation.

Old 11-13-2016, 09:49 PM

Quote:
I can see a lot of moderate Democrats doing so. If I was a Democrat right now, I'd want to see the party move toward the center, not to the left. The Clinton campaign seemed to occupy a middle ground before Sanders forced her to push the campaign to the left. I see that as a mistake.
The Democratic Party is a left wing party, not a center party. Republicans didn't win this election because they moved to the center. They won this election because they ran an anti establishment candidate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Somebody needs to ask Mr. Ellison whether he shares certain views of militant parts of his religion. Indeed, most of his religion do not subscribe to those views and some, including my next-door neighbors and one of my tennis partners (three different people) are thoroughly assimilated, and have either worked in Israel or for Israeli companies.

I didn't list those views for fear of an infraction but suffice to say we've learned a lot in the last 15+ years. Requesting that he explain himself is not racist; JFK sure had to. If he doesn't share those views he should so state unequivocally.
Why not just assume that he isn't an extremist considering that he's been a U.S. Congressman for some time now?
Quote:
This guy has supported reparations for Black Americans in the past. That will NOT bring the white working class back to the DNC.
This has nothing to do with reparations, and you know it.

The DNC doesn't need to sweat the white working class. They don't give a damn about the RNC...they voted for Trump, not the Republican Party.
Quote:
What do you mean they didn't vote? They propelled Trump to victory in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania.
Yeah...they propelled TRUMP! And he's the only Republican they would've propelled to office. That so called "white working class" weren't about to do that for Cruz, Rubio, Pawlenty, Kasich, Santorum, etc...

So, i'm cool with you being smug for now...great. But Trump's victory shouldn't be taken in a way that leads you to assume that the Republican Party is on the precipice of multi-decade election dominance. You guys don't have another Trump....you have a whole lotta chumps.
Quote:
OK? A Keith Ellison nomination sure won't make working class white people in the Rust Belt feel too recognized. Many people have very legitimate concerns about terrorism, and it seems the DNC doesn't care.
Again, the Rust Belt whites came out for Donald Trump. You guys don't have another Donald Trump. Hell, fifteen minutes ago, you didn't even have a Trump either. He just used the Republican Party as his vehicle to the White House. He's about as Republican as Howard Dean is. LOL

Old 11-13-2016, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Enjoy the Republican supermajorities!
There won't be any supermajorities.

Again for the millionth time....Republicans won because of Trump, who wasn't even a Republican a few hours ago.

You guys don't have another Trump nor will another Trump be coming down the pike. He's an anomalous situation for the Republican Party. There are no more Republicans with his outsider appeal.

After he's gone, you'll be back to running bozos like Cruz and Santorum...guys that can't win an election for Republican Dogcatcher, let alone president.

Old 11-13-2016, 10:08 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,702,289 times
What are the other choices? He seems great in regards to human rights. I like Xavier Becerra.

Old 11-14-2016, 12:15 AM

89,030 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Really Dems? This whole election was basically a collective rebuke of identity politics.
They'll never get it. Let them keep floundering and losing elections. Fine with me.

Old 11-14-2016, 12:16 AM

89,030 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
His main job would be to work on Trump's reelection campaign.
LOL... yep.

Old 11-14-2016, 12:21 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
I think the Democrats are looking for their next Barrack Obama or a cooler, younger black version of Bernie Sanders. Well maybe it's true a majority of voters like a cool black cat persona like Obama, but it remains to be seen if they (moderate Democrats and Independents) who came out to vote for Obama really want those leftist and pro-muslim and America last and divisive policies of Obama again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies