Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 02:23 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,182,532 times

Advertisements

Small businesses are more affected by state and local regulations, not federal ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2016, 10:32 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,649,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
What percentage of your income do you pay in federal income taxes? And what kind of business do you run that you need to worry about "regulations"?
I pay as little as I am legally allowed to in Federal Income taxes and my tax bill is still larger than most people's yearly salary. Regulations? Lol, see below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Small businesses are more affected by state and local regulations, not federal ones.
You guys crack me up! My wise father told me that the good Lord gave us two ears and one mouth so that we could listen twice as much as we speak.

I own two businesses. An online brokerage business and an automotive services business. Here's a list of the red tape that I have to contend with. While we have always had to comply with these regulatory agencies, much of the new regulation was enacted during the last eight years.

Non compliance violations of any of the below agencies are in the tens of thousands of dollars. Again, these regulations are recent and have done nothing but add revenue to Federal, State, and Local coffers with no upside to business or the general public.

Federal:
  • Environmental Protection Agency - EPA - Implements standards which are and ridiculous and expensive to implement and have caused smaller businesses to cease operating. Compliance cost my company over $65,000 last year alone.
  • Federal Trade Commission - FTC - Additional advertising regulation, more clerical work with no upside.
  • National Insurance Crime Bureau - NICB - Additional reporting regulation, more clerical work with no upside.
  • National Motor Vehicle Title Information System - NMVTIS - Additional reporting regulation, more clerical work with no upside.
State:
  • State Licensing - One of my businesses already had two state licenses. A third was added which cost me $16,500 this year, and $36,500 for subsequent years.

New State Taxes:
  • One of my businesses now has to act as tax collector for the State for sales which were tax exempt last year. Additional clerical work which we must now perform for the state with no compensation. But fines are huge if we miscalculate the tax collected.
  • Sales in 2017 will now incur an additional $97 tax which is will cost us $11,640.

As if that wasn't enough, I now have to pay an additional 3.8% on personal investments because of the Obamacare surtax on investment income.

I could add many more taxes to the list; inventory taxes, wage taxes, etc.

Small businesses are the backbone of this country and are being taxed to death at every level.
Are Small Businesses Really the Backbone of the Economy? | Inc.com

Like I originally stated, if you have never run a business as your primary source of income, you don't know what you are talking about.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:34 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,169,371 times
Quote:
But, but . . . I thought Trump was working for "the little people," and it was Hillary Clinton who was in bed with Wall Street??

Good lord, are his supporters ever going to wake up?
I thought the world was gonna collapse if Trump won..

Old 11-12-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
What percentage of your income do you pay in federal income taxes?
Zero..
Quote:
And what kind of business do you run that you need to worry about "regulations"?
Immaterial, since regulations increase costs of other businesses, that I buy services from.. They dont have to affect me directly, in order to have a negative impact on the nation and should be opposed..

Old 11-12-2016, 10:36 AM

Quote:
No, it makes her a suspicious choice. I wanted Bernie Sanders.
which would be even more dumber, than Trump..

Old 11-12-2016, 10:57 AM

529 posts, read 370,458 times
Quote:
I don't have personal experience with birthing a baby, either, but I'm pretty confident in saying that it's painful.
Your confidence level is irrelevant since it hasn't made you right in the last 18 months.

Quote:
Wall Street backs nobody for free.

They know they better come correct.

Once he won their backing or lack thereof after the fact is irrelevant. But I'm sure you're "confident" again.

Old 11-12-2016, 11:02 AM

33,582 posts, read 18,193,881 times
Quote:
But, but . . . I thought Trump was working for "the little people," and it was Hillary Clinton who was in bed with Wall Street??

Good lord, are his supporters ever going to wake up?
Looks like they are getting ready for that tax cut to bring in more jobs more small business start ups. More common sense applied to get jobs here. More people able to get a job. Obama and Hillary were job killers.

Warren Buffet is kissing up to Trump now. Just like Paul Ryan.

Old 11-12-2016, 11:05 AM

39,093 posts, read 51,283,353 times
Oh my goodness. The very people who were ranting about crony capitalists, Wall Street manipulation of our political institutions and corruption are now enthralled because those erstwhile enemies are taking over the Trump administration. They don't love Trump. Wall Street loves no one. The only master is money. If Trump succeeds in hurting their lucrative trade deals around the world, they will cut him off at the knees.

Old 11-12-2016, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Looks like they are getting ready for that tax cut to bring in more jobs more small business start ups. More common sense applied to get jobs here. More people able to get a job. Obama and Hillary were job killers.

Warren Buffet is kissing up to Trump now. Just like Paul Ryan.
Remember when these people said Trump wouldnt get anything done because he was an outsider? Now, the left is worried he might actually be able to do half of what he promised

Old 11-12-2016, 11:06 AM

33,582 posts, read 18,193,881 times
Hillary spent three times more money than Trump but her corruption and job killing and no message of change did her in.

The elitists on both sides were stunned. I wasn't at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies