Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 07:06 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times

Advertisements

In California illegal aliens pay the same tuition as in state US citizens.

The sanctuary campuses are so the illegals can have a safe place where they won't be deported. I'm not sure how that works. Do they set up homeless-like encampments on campus? Do they go home at night with the teachers and administrators? Maybe the students will allow them to live in their dorm rooms. Somehow I doubt it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 07:11 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
College students are now protesting to set up "sanctuary cities" in college campuses so illegal, undocumented students cannot be deported by federal law enforcement.

Now are these illegal immigrants receiving FREE Or reduced tuition at a much lower price than American students because they are undocumented?? . If soo... ... Why in the HELL Would American students be protesting deportation of undocumented college students? Students are paying an arm and leg over overpriced education with no guarantee of a good job after college, yet they have no problem with illegal, undocumented immigrants paying next to nothing or free education at the same university??

This makes NO Damn sense at ALL!!!!!
From what I understand this "sanctuary campus" status will mean that their college/university will be a safe space for their fellow illegal students and any illegal staff members..... to continue on with their student status or employment.

Then this moron goes and calls all sorts of attention to himself (and his family):

Quote:
More than a thousand Rutgers students and staff took to the streets Wednesday to protest president-elect Donald Trump's election.

"I'm not afraid!" yelled José Serrano, a 20-year-old junior at Rutgers, who revealed to the large crowd over a megaphone that he was an unauthorized immigrant.
WATCH: Rutgers students walk out of class, march to protest Trump | NJ.com

Old 11-16-2016, 07:18 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
It might be as simple as some of them being their friends.
You know a person by his friends. I wish we could deport un-American progressives too.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:24 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
You know a person by his friends. I wish we could deport un-American progressives too.
The irony of this remark is amazing.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:26 PM

0 posts, read 466 times
Heaven forbid they get an education and pull themselves up by their boot straps. I mean they are here, likely to remain so you have the choice: Educate them or let them stay in the gutter and commit crime. Then complain about the crime.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:26 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Because they have been brought up to despise themselves, and see anyone, and everyone as more deserving than themselves. So they will give non Americans here in the US illegally, reduced tuition, they see it as no skin off their noses. Having you and I pay for educating, feeding, clothing and caring for the illegal alien students, well, that is just fine.

But then ask the snowflakes if they'd be willing to spot these same illegal alien students an extra 5 points on every test, by subtracting those 5 points off their own test scores, and the snow flakes will balk at that, because then it directly affects them in a negative way.
Could be they don't see them as non Americans, but as people trying to get an education and make a place for themselves in this world ... ? There's a thought.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:35 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Watching O'Reilly right now.. Help me understand this.

Sorry, we have no idea why you're watching O'Reilly.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:45 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Could be they don't see them as non Americans, but as people trying to get an education and make a place for themselves in this world ... ? There's a thought.

Here's a fact:

They don't have a right to be here.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyroller View Post
Heaven forbid they get an education and pull themselves up by their boot straps. I mean they are here, likely to remain so you have the choice: Educate them or let them stay in the gutter and commit crime. Then complain about the crime.
Or you can just give them an incentive to leave the same way they came or provide them transportation courtesy of Uncle Sam.

Why don't I get affirmative action and preference? I have been here legally and my ancestors have been here since the pioneer days.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Well give them your place or your children's. You're not giving away anything on my behalf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies