Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 02:07 AM

983 posts, read 738,532 times

Advertisements

Firms begin dropping Ivanka Trump's line as GrabYourWallet boycott begins to bite | Daily Mail Online

Quote:
Retailers have begun ditching Ivanka's brand under the growing pressure of the anti-Trump boycott.
Shoes.com, a Canadian online shoe store, became the first retailer to announce it was dropping Ivanka Trump's shoe line last week, after the GrabYourWallet campaign was launched.
Shannon Coulter kicked off the boycott on October 11, a reference to Trump's now famous 'grab them by the p***y' remark from the audio tape and numerous allegations of sexual assault by the president-elect.

Since then, she has been joined by a growing group of women who are boycotting Ivanka's eponymous line of clothing, jewelry, perfume and accessories over her support for her father.
They have also called on the stores that carry the brand - including Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's and Macy's - to stop selling her items.
Retailers who refuse to dump the brand, have also joined the list of boycotted companies.

And it seems the boycott is beginning to bite.
Last week, Shoes.com became the first firm to announce that it was removing Ivanka Trump products.
While the official reason given for dropping the brand was that, 'they were not selling well,' on Twitter Shoes.com responded to the #GrabYourWallet boycotters, saying that it had heard their voices.

'We understand and your voices have been heard. We have removed the products from our website,' Shoes.com tweeted on November 12.
'We want to support our customers and make sure than can continue to stand tall.'
Interestingly, those tweets have since been deleted, but Ivanka's line has not returned to Shoes.com.
Coulter also tweeted that furniture and interior store Bellacor had quietly removed all of its Trump products after the company was added to the boycott list.
Yet while some retailers appear to have been swayed by #GrabYourWallet, others have refused to bow down to the pressure of the campaign.
Earlier this month Nordstrom responded, saying it has no plans to pull the brand and they will continue to allow customers 'choices about what they purchase based on personal views.'
'We hope that offering a vendor's products isn't misunderstood as us taking a political position; we're not. We recognize,' a spokesman added in a tweet.
Well, while I have never bought anything from her line I sure will now! I realize people will say "Well, they have the right to do so" which may be true, but it's still absolutely ridiculous. I encourage other female trump supporters to and even if you aren't one at least think about it, hardly any worse than buying something from the Kardashian line.

Old 11-18-2016, 02:11 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
This will work.

Remember when Chick-fil-A was brought down and closed up every shop in America by the SJWs?

*Takes a big bite out of a CFA sandwich

(Talking with mouth full) We showed them!

Old 11-18-2016, 02:42 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
all that will happen is the trumps will change the name of their clothing lines quietly, and take advantage of the boycotts in that manner. and very few people wil ever know.

Old 11-18-2016, 03:18 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
To be replaced with the Hillary Clinton pantsuit line...specializing in long Chairman Mao jackets for concealing those figure flaws.

Old 11-18-2016, 03:19 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
This will work.

Remember when Chick-fil-A was brought down and closed up every shop in America by the SJWs?

*Takes a big bite out of a CFA sandwich

(Talking with mouth full) We showed them!
I remember very well. That had to be the biggest backfire in business history. They had record profits for a week straight. Busses full of church goers parked outside. It was INSANE. Yep that staged "kiss-in" protest really showed them ;

Thanks for reminding me.

Old 11-18-2016, 03:21 AM

Another funny thing is ivanka doesn't even have to work. Her family has literally billions of dollars and her dad is the president.

Yeah this boycott really will show her!

I think I'll show my support by buying my woman some Trump gear now that I see what the OP is trying to do. Let's spread this around!

Old 11-18-2016, 03:43 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times

Good ,I hope she does as well as her dad did selling steaks ,water and airline seats.LOL

Old 11-18-2016, 03:49 AM

7,592 posts, read 4,163,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Firms begin dropping Ivanka Trump's line as GrabYourWallet boycott begins to bite | Daily Mail Online

Well, while I have never bought anything from her line I sure will now! I realize people will say "Well, they have the right to do so" which may be true, but it's still absolutely ridiculous. I encourage other female trump supporters to and even if you aren't one at least think about it, hardly any worse than buying something from the Kardashian line.
Silly. While many of my female coworkers and I did not vote for Trump, we love Ivanka and Melania. If I like their items, I will buy them. Unfortunately, their clothing is not a good fit for my body type.

Old 11-18-2016, 03:53 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
Silly. While many of my female coworkers and I did not vote for Trump, we love Ivanka and Melania. If I like their items, I will buy them. Unfortunately, their clothing is not a good fit for my body type.
You like her,she does not like you.

Old 11-18-2016, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
You like her,she does not like you.
Yes we must shun these woman business owners! How easily people forget the democrat stance on women's suffrage and equality. They want to put yall back in kitchens - joe biden
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies