Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 07:11 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
So the left says blacks can't have guns and the right says anybody can have guns. I'll go with the right on this issue.
I said before the left could never get a gun ban to pass because their own base would be against it as much as anybody else.
The "left" has never said that black people couldn't/shouldn't have guns nor have they tried to pass a "gun ban."

You seem to rely too much on inflammatory, false media sites/organizations.

Old 12-01-2016, 08:10 AM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
In a truly non-aggressive society there would be no need for any weapon at all. But as stated to you before, that it outside the realm of natural human behavior. Humans are always aggressive in some way.
Which is why we don't really want a world without guns, where numbers and physical prowess are unassailable. If I'm not mistake, most rapists do not use weapons (i.e., artificial implements) at all.

Old 12-01-2016, 08:13 AM

Quote:
The "left" has never said that black people couldn't/shouldn't have guns nor have they tried to pass a "gun ban."

Not black people in particular. However, there is no doubt in my mind that a "war on guns" would turn into a "war on young black men," as such things always do in America.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:02 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,346,261 times
Quote:

The left (democrats) has enacted numerous national & state gun bans.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Fact - guns in and of themselves are not banned anywhere in the US.

Local elected officials can make regulations against specific types of weapons but cannot outright "ban" guns.

If what you are saying is true then in those specific states and nationally, Democrats have entirely "banned" guns. This has not and never will happen. You all thinking people are out to ban guns or take them away from you are just getting yourselves into a frenzy for nothing as it will never happen no matter which party is in office.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Which is why we don't really want a world without guns, where numbers and physical prowess are unassailable. If I'm not mistake, most rapists do not use weapons (i.e., artificial implements) at all.
I agree.

I think many posters on here are unaware of the fact that there are few black people in this country at all who would ever agree to an outright ban on guns and who even disagree with many of the regulations due to us being a minority and wanting to have access to guns to protect ourselves and our families. They stay too engaged IMO in Fox News and conservative outlets that use outrageous, false stereotypes of black Americans as being against guns in their entirety when that is not the case.

Of all my black family members and friends, none of them would support a ban on guns. A large majority of them, including my own family, are legal gun owners.

Many of us are also aware of the fact (at least in my nerdy black history crew) that the US government in the years preceeding the Civil War made it illegal for free black people to have guns without the permission and backing of some white friend or government official. Many were outright denied the right to bear arms after the Nat Turner rebellion in particular.

So the only demographic who has ever been denied the "right to bear arms" was black people. We don't want to go back to those times as that makes one weak and vulnerable to the armed majority. We also recognize (as do the black nationalists) that "gun control" was initially created to keep guns out of the hands of black people and other minority groups who were scary to the white majority. So legally owning guns is encouraged amongst the black populace.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Where?

Old 12-01-2016, 11:22 AM

2,309 posts, read 902,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You figure it out.
You're the one with the claim so back it up.

Old 12-01-2016, 11:23 AM

2,405 posts, read 1,446,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
So the left says blacks can't have guns
They did?

When?

Old 12-01-2016, 11:27 AM

2,309 posts, read 902,314 times
Quote:
This reminded me of Uncle Ruckus ROFL!!!

Do you have reverse vitiligo?? LOL
I don't have a hatred for my own race. I just realize that most people I meet, whether black or white, are nice people. So just because I don't view whites as the bane of all evil doesn't mean that I hate my own race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies