Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 07:54 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If Hillary were black, every time someone called her a liar and/or criminal, people like you would say it was racism and due to her being black.
If Hillary could have figured out a way to turn herself black, she'd probably have won for those very reasons.

I got nothing against blacks or any other race, but the racism card has been pulled far to often for the last 8 years. I'd kinda like to get back to MLK, "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." Seems that things went to far and we're still not hitting MLK's standard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 08:09 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I'm surprised OP didn't find this racist. I did. "Buying and selling" a person clearly refers to black slavery.

Sounds to me like the woman was drunk. Still she should be fired, not so much for what she said as for being stupid enough to post it non-anonymously on the internet after all we've seen of what happens when you do that.
Guess that answers my question.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:11 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Just for clarification, the dog did travel on a seperate plane that is funded by taxpayers. The Obamas were on one plane with staff and the dog was on another plane with staff.

If she stated the dog was flown on another plane, that statement was accurate.

Silliness started when the Obama fam flew to Maine. The local airport is too small to accommodate AF1 so two substantially smaller planes were used to fly the fam and aides/ staff and the dog.

Obama Dog Flies on Own Plane : snopes.com

POTUS / first fam always travel with SS, aides and staff.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:12 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Quote:
If Hillary were black, every time someone called her a liar and/or criminal, people like you would say it was racism and due to her being black.

Good job completely avoiding the clear fact that people upped the level of vitriol against Obama because he was "the other". The pictures of him in witch doctor gear and the constant drum beat about him being Kenyan and Muslim, which I'm sure you still believe to this day.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:22 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Is this another "*****rdly" type misunderstanding? Do people think "buy and sell" is a reference to slavery?
Urban Dictionary: I could buy you and sell you

Old 11-28-2016, 08:24 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Good job completely avoiding the clear fact that people upped the level of vitriol against Obama because he was "the other". The pictures of him in witch doctor gear and the constant drum beat about him being Kenyan and Muslim, which I'm sure you still believe to this day.
They posted the photo because it made him look silly and unpresidential just like they did when WHITE Jon Kerry visited NASA.

https://search.yahoo.com/mobile/s?p=...=yfp-hrmob-900

As far as the Muslim issue, it was no different than when WHITE JFK had to deal with the Catholic issue.

https://www.quora.com/Why-was-it-a-b...d-US-President

Politicians are attacked regardless of race. I guess you aren't very familiar with politics.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:04 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Quote:
They posted the photo because it made him look silly and unpresidential just like they did when WHITE Jon Kerry visited NASA.

https://search.yahoo.com/mobile/s?p=...=yfp-hrmob-900

As far as the Muslim issue, it was no different than when WHITE JFK had to deal with the Catholic issue.

https://www.quora.com/Why-was-it-a-b...d-US-President

Politicians are attacked regardless of race. I guess you aren't very familiar with politics.
Yeah, neither is the same thing, especially the Kerry thing which is an actual photo.

It's okay, I personally know many people who will openly deny their racial slant against Obama when it is very thinly disguised.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:10 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Yeah, neither is the same thing, especially the Kerry thing which is an actual photo.

It's okay, I personally know many people who will openly deny their racial slant against Obama when it is very thinly disguised.
What matters in regards to the photos is making the person look unpresidential, and it is a tactic that has been used over and over regardless of race.

I'm sure you make the assumption that others are racist practically every day, but that doesn't make it reality. Just because you are obsessed with race doesn't mean others have that same obsession.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:12 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,116,131 times
Based on the responses in this thread, I suspect the woman's rant is actually what a lot of Trump supporters believe. Trump supporters appear to be defending this woman.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:13 AM

1,008 posts, read 487,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
If Hillary could have figured out a way to turn herself black, she'd probably have won for those very reasons.
Oh, she tried. 10/10 cringe.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies