Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2016, 08:13 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, there is no need to judge somebody, better?
Do you need a safe space?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2016, 08:14 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Do you need a safe space?
lol this again? Getting old.

Old 11-30-2016, 08:17 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
lol this again? Getting old.
As are most threads that go this long. Very little being added, but I still wanna know why folks that think wearing the flag as a bikini or boxer shorts don't brigade against that. That camp remains very quiet.

Old 11-30-2016, 08:19 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
As are most threads that go this long. Very little being added, but I still wanna know why folks that think wearing the flag as a bikini or boxer shorts don't brigade against that. That camp remains very quiet.
Wearing the flag as a bikini or boxer shorts is poor taste. Burning the flag TO ME is criminal. (keyword: TO ME)

There you go. By the way, I only speak for myself.

Old 11-30-2016, 09:50 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I don't know. Both he and my father, grandfather and grandmother are deceased. I would like to get his service records to learn more about what he did.

I believe as a surviving relative you can do that..........online

https://www.archives.gov/veterans

That is the government website....... not a generic ancestry one...........

Old 11-30-2016, 09:57 PM

207 posts, read 507,659 times
If these whining liberals are so unhappy with this country and must burn the American flag, they should just leave. It's extremely disrespectful and hurtful to all the men and women that have fought for our liberty and freedom. Try living in another country maybe you might like it better there. Good riddance.

Old 11-30-2016, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I respect their service. I completely disagree with their stance and hold them even more accountable for knowing what is right than others who didn't serve. Why do they value a flag - a piece of cloth manufactured in a factory in China - more than they value the rights of human beings? Talk about misplaced priorities.

For me.. when I see our flag I also see it covering a coffin........the one my father and uncles were buried in..........and the ones being loaded on a plane in a foreign country..........draped with that flag......

I can very much agree with their stance.........I get the freedom of expression to burn it........but some people are also so passionate for something that defined their whole life they may not be able to tolerate something that means so much to them. I am sure you may have heard the saying.." For those who fought for it Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know." That flag is a symbol of that freedom.

On the other side of the coin.......Muhammad Ali went to prison for his beliefs.....they were also against the law.

Old 11-30-2016, 10:23 PM

Quote:

I for one have taken exception to that myself..........I do not wear any..........and have been outspoken to friends and family who have. On more than one occasion I have been at a business who was flying a tattered flag and pointed out to them that was wrong.

Old 12-01-2016, 05:57 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Fifty-four pages, in about a day and a half. Because we don't have anything more important to worry about in this world, do we?
We have all kinds of 1st world problems, like how to lose weight, how to get faster internet speeds, which car to buy,....

Old 12-01-2016, 06:01 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
On the other side of the coin.......Muhammad Ali went to prison for his beliefs.....they were also against the law.
Not true at all. He went to prison for his ACTIONS. Not his beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies