Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2016, 02:02 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,360,238 times

Advertisements

I have no problem with Melania. I think she doesn't want the FLOTUS job.

Or, maybe she wants to avoid Trump and stay in NY.

Eh. I really don't think she's going to do much of anything with this, though.

Old 12-01-2016, 02:02 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,678,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Had the Dems not put up Bill Clinton, and then made excuses for his behavior, I might be able to take you two seriously.
Because having a consensual affair is much, much worse than a loose cannon 'grabbing' whatever he wants, whenever he wants it?

Oookaaayyy, then!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2016, 02:03 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,869,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Hard on the eyes, is a crass statement? Lol, I think you need to go to your safe space libbie. Oh, and lighten up, if you can, lol!
Why no pictures, Horizonite? I'll bet you're homely. And it's so easy to make comments about other people when you hide behind your computer (aka. "safe space").

Old 12-01-2016, 02:04 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,879,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I will give my 2 pennies on this. I won't make this about conservative vs liberal.

I didn't care less about Melania Trump. She wasn't on my mind. What bothers me are people who keep saying "we need this kind of woman as our First Lady". And it is about looks. We need a woman whose fame comes from marrying a rich man and being a nude model?

I never gave much thought about Michelle Obama's looks. I have to think about this. She may not be my type, but neither is Melania Trump. I don't consider Michelle Obama to be hard on the eyes. I think about this as well. I never heard any griping about how the First Lady looks until Michelle Obama came around. Then the nastiness came out. I don't think this is about Michelle, but rather, a Black woman being First Lady. Or rather, the kind of Black woman that she is. If it was Stacey Dash, it might have been different.

I also want to sum up the lusting for Melania Trump like this: a warped version of patriarchy. Melania embodies what many want in the First Lady: Archetype of a trophy wife. Forget that she posed nude. Or rather, it could be that because she is considered trophy wife material, it's cool that she did.
This.

Well said- thats the problem with Melania Trump as a symbol for American women-
I for one, and my daughter for two, don't need that to emulate.

That said, Melania as a poor immigrant eastern european girl who made good with what she had, I give her credit for that.
But you never see that highlighted- that she is a version of the American dream- a hardworking immigrant who made good.

(I am waiting to see that as Trump tours for his victory tours-- Rallying cries of "Immigrant Power"
nah not likely, huh)...

Last edited by CAjerseychick; 12-01-2016 at 02:06 PM.. Reason: more infor

Old 12-01-2016, 02:05 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,770,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I don't agree with that: I think she is her own person, she is independent and she tells Donald what she thinks..... (whether he listens to her advice and follows it, is another matter.)

She grew up in communist Yugoslavia and speaks five languages, Slovenian, English, French, Serbian and German.

Are you basing this on her beauty? There are beautiful women out there that are successful.
Her ability to speak foreign languages is extremely common with European immigrants, it means nothing. I thought the GOP were all about English. The question is what has she actually done? Her web page was removed when it was discovered the degree she was claiming did not exist. She wants to stay in New York for a while when security for the Trump family is costing us $3 million a day already. We know she is successful at marrying Trump but so were his other wives. Are you saying Marla Maples is equally accomplished?

Old 12-01-2016, 02:05 PM

16,955 posts, read 16,805,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
She's the typical air head trophy wife.
Can you speak 5 languages?

Old 12-01-2016, 02:06 PM

73,187 posts, read 62,892,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Hard on the eyes, is a crass statement? Lol, I think you need to go to your safe space libbie. Oh, and lighten up, if you can, lol!
I don't need a safe space. You need to quit behaving in a petulant manner. Your "safe space" comment tells me that you can't take when someone takes criticism to your comments. One of us seems to need a safe space, but it isn't me.

Old 12-01-2016, 02:07 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,869,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't need a safe space. You need to quit behaving in a petulant manner. Your "safe space" comment tells me that you can't take when someone takes criticism to your comments. One of us seems to need a safe space, but it isn't me.
99.9% of them are like that. Including their Master. He can dish it out, but he sure can't take it, the candyass.

Old 12-01-2016, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Why no pictures, Horizonite? I'll bet you're homely. And it's so easy to make comments about other people when you hide behind your computer (aka. "safe space").
Accusing someone of needing a "safe space" reveals this:
1) Inability to accept responsibility to being crass and/or
2) Knowing that what he/she said was crass, and is trying to defend being that way.

Said person has freedom of speech. So do we. We can call said person out for crass remarks. Looking at this objectively, this is the question. Is Michelle Obama really "hard on the eyes" or is this about something else?

Old 12-01-2016, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
99.9% of them are like that. Including their Master. He can dish it out, but he sure can't take it, the candyass.
And behaviors like that are typical of a bully. Bullies dish it out, but can't take it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies