Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 11:53 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times

Advertisements

Besides stuff like "it'll be over in 8 years or less" or "it'll teach Americans a lesson" or anything else snarky.

However displeased you may be about his victory, what are some good things you look forward to?

I'll start --

1) We'll likely enjoy better relations with Russia, a good ally to have.
2) My taxes will be much lower according to his plan. Sounds selfish, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit seeing that as a perk.
3) He won't likely add more and more regulations making it more difficult to start a business, something I want to do in the near future.
4) No more accepting hordes of insufficiently-screened refugees and then prioritizing them over our own citizens.
5) Gun/self-defense rights will be here to stay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 11:57 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
1) watching his voters lose their healthcare
2) watching the wall not get built
3) he's funny... really, he is a funny guy
4) one skit on SNL will finally be funny
5) looking at his wife while the TV is on mute.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:58 AM

1,302 posts, read 684,306 times
-He is So a friend of Russians that we in Mexico are asking for Russians to put military bases in Tijuana and Matamoros without fearing any act of hate.

- He is so antichinese and antimexican that We are thinking to Sign a Free trade agreement with China so our manufactures became even cheaper and Our BOrder cities became HUGE supermarkets for 'Muricans that want to buy Technology Half the Price in USA.

- He is so antiméxican that we are seriously thinking that if he ends NAFTA we will go to International court to nationalize US assets in Mexico.

-He is so anti TPP that China is inviting us to join to its own Project of Trans Pacific Trade.

-He is so antimuslims that Middle East will finally find ways to unite themselves and cut Oil Production to rise prices of oil, so US will star fracking Again until not groundwater field is clean and drinkable.

- He si so Antimuslim and Antichinese that Middle East Oil Producers will start accepting Chinese Yuans to sell Oil in Exchange to dollars. That means the End of Super Dollar.

-The up comming end of Superdollar will mean that US salaries will became competitive and Cheap Manufacturing Jobs will flowrish in USA.

- Also the Upcomming end of Superdollar will mean that immigrants will find it Very very low attractive to enter USA to work. The Problem is that they will be trapped by the Wall so they will be stoped from flying away.

- He is so anti Global Warming that winters in USA will become more mild and summers... well you can't have it all...

Last edited by Alonso_Castillo; 01-09-2017 at 12:27 PM..

Old 01-09-2017, 12:00 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times
Oh come on...

Old 01-09-2017, 12:01 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Is he President yet?

Old 01-09-2017, 12:02 PM

1,302 posts, read 684,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Is he President yet?
He is acting like if he was.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:03 PM

2,820 posts, read 2,113,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Oh come on...
Really? What did you expect?

Old 01-09-2017, 12:06 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,111,265 times
Better relations with Russia at the expensive of Estonia's national sovereignty? I think not. The only reason the Trumpkins like Russia is because Putin bombs Muslims in Chechnya and Syria. They want to team up with him and exterminate Muslims.

The positive aspect of the Trump regime? He will give rise to another Obama, which combined with the natural demise of the GOP's main demographic means it will be harder and harder for them to pull off another presidential win. The GOP will either end up like a national version of the California or Hawaii GOP, or it will be forced to moderate and become more accepting of racial and religious minorities.

If you ask me, I am 50/50 whether he will even be around to run in 2020. I think he will be impeached and replaced by the more palatable Mike Pence. Pence at least has a brain and does not cozy up to our enemies.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:07 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,741,434 times
Isn't it fair to let him assume office before we state positives or negatives?

Old 01-09-2017, 12:07 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
The one positive I see is he promised tax cuts, which means I and those in my blue state will be able to keep more of our money and spend it within our state rather than sending it to federal so red states will have less of our money. Truly, that is a positive IMO so there's that. Another positive is perhaps blue states can create their own health coverage scenarios the way Massachusetts has. We will just need to have ten year qualification period so others don't move here when they get sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies