Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 06:00 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Trump assembles America's 'richest cabinet' - BBC News

With them being the richest cabinet in history, it just means their wealth will trickle down. They're making huuuuge sacrifices for our country.

They won't even need to take salaries. Think of the savings! Patriots!

Something something swamps something something...
"Trump's Cabinet is the Richest Ever in US History'

I'd bet you NEVER complained when Obam appointed "rich" people from Wall ST.

Hell, look at Gietner in charge of the IRS.

And the previous Cabinet was JFK's.

Funny, I don't recall ANY libs complaining then.

In fact I never heard any libs complain about JFK's WEALTH which he did NOT EARN.

Maybe you are not old enough.

It seems we have these types of things every time the Presidency or Congress change hands.

The loosing party whines and cries about what the new party is doing Yet, when THEY were in control, the did the EXACT same things.

They only whine and cry when the "other" party does it.

Why are you even bring this up?

Millionaires in business KNOW how business works and how to get things done with EFFICIENCY
We are what, close to 20 TRILLION in debt?

We NEED the BEST people we can get to help fix the problem

Who else is more qualified, someone who has PROVEN they know about money or some academia who NEVER even had a job in finance or business and only knows theory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2016, 06:03 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I think you need to read this:

"The first thing you do when you want a building project to succeed is assemble a team of architects, superintendents, subcontractors, suppliers, and workers who excel at what they do. Watching the assembling of Trump's transition team, his cabinet, and his other appointments has been a treat. Yep, he's done this before, and it's quite clear that what he's doing is selecting a team of individuals who excel."

Full article: Articles: On Time, under Budget
The article linked quotes Yogi Berra, "You can observe a lot just by watching." This is the thing though, the American people ARE watching. I love Yogi ... he also said, "I never said most of the things I said." How like the President-elect? Although my favorite Yogi-ism, "It's like déjà vu all over again."

The American people ARE watching, 'nuff said.

This, from the end of the linked article:

Quote:
...Much to the dismay of the left, Shock and Awe may become the norm as the country is put on the right track. ...
Really? This 'shock & awe'? "Shock and awe (technically known as rapid dominance) is a military doctrine based on the use of overwhelming power and spectacular displays of force to paralyze the enemy's perception of the battlefield and destroy its will to fight."

No wonder Mr. Trump's multiple failures to deliver as promised in the Trump University fiascos was literally considered in violation of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act ('RICO laws').

The American people are observing the first democratically elected Mob Boss. (& the President-elect would most likely consider this to be a compliment.)

Old 12-03-2016, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Take a look at these folks and tell me if you seriously think they care about the well-being and happiness of every person in this country.

Or even simpler, just read up on their past actions then say with a straight face they're going to do what's best for everyone, especially low income.

America is really big on this whole removing history and the past from an issue then after **** goes down then write think pieces like "How did we not see this coming?!"

I don't think Trump supporters ever bought that he was invested in helping working-class people. They just liked that he pissed off teh libruls.

It's like you don't understand the world that you live in?
"Take a look at these folks and tell me if you seriously think they care about the well-being and happiness of every person in this country."

Let's TAKE A LOOK AT all OF OBAMA'S APPOINTEES and apply the SAME question you pose.

Did you EVER complain about any of them?

Old 12-03-2016, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
No, by stealing money from poor people.

(sarcasm)
"No, by stealing money from poor people"

Losers ALWAYS claim winners won by "stealing"

I wonder how may of those "poor people" have jobs CREATED because of those "stealers"?

Old 12-03-2016, 06:13 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Look at it this way, at least they're not in it for the money.

Old 12-03-2016, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
LOL! Prog left up in arms. all hot and bothered about "rich people"

The same group ran Bernie Sanders off for their beloved Hillary Clinton... the woman who made hundreds of millions of dollars giving speeches to the Banksters. Selling influence to Saudi Princes.

This is the same group that didn't think twice about Obama nominating John Kerry SecState. Kerry being on of the wealthiest men in the country.

This from the same PROG LEFT people that take George Soros' money to corrupt every corner of American politics.

NOW. at this point. now that it is NOT a PROG that is super rich and in power... NOW wealth is back to being evil.

and you people wonder why blue collar workers have turned their backs on you.
" Kerry being on of the wealthiest men in the country."

And remember, he did NOT earn it. He MARRIED it!

If the 'limousine liberals " and all the liberal Hollywood entertainers REALLY cared, they would marry a poor person in order to get them out of poverty.

Old 12-03-2016, 06:19 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Trump voters got hoodwinked, he isn't going to fight for you, he is just going to abuse his power to enrich himself, his family and his millionaire friends.
Like the Clintons?

Old 12-03-2016, 06:20 AM

2,205 posts, read 3,333,676 times
I do not understand what is the issue with the richest cabinet or not. Being rich just means that people understand the system, are intelligent enough to benefit from the system and to turn their companies into a success. Why shouldn't they be able to lead a country? Do people have to be poor and without success to lead a country?

There are always two perspectives on wealth, a negative and a positive one. Imagine the owner of the restaurant next door buys a new Ferrari. Some people will say, he must cheat on his customers, sell cheap meats at high prices and trick the tax authorities, so let's not eat there. Other people will say, food must just be excellent, if people are willing to spend that much money in his restaurant, so let's go eat there. You do not know what is wrong or true until you have eaten there by yourself.

Old 12-03-2016, 06:22 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Most do, but that doesn't explain how he's pulled in former Democratic voting blocks.
More people hate liberals everyday. The internet has revealed their arrogance and ignorance.

Old 12-03-2016, 06:30 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Look at it this way, at least they're not in it for the money.
Look at it from the perspective of a Mob Boss:

Quote:
...it’s all about the dough

Let me be frank about the goal of La Cosa Nostra: It's to make money. Period.

It's not about being Italian, the culture, soccer, the food, being pals with nicknamed fat guys, or playing cards. It's about cash; the art of making it and the art of hiding it.

To make money the way we make it, we need to maintain the structure of La Cosa Nostra and omerta. Diplomacy doesn't always work, you know what I mean? So you use whatever means you have to in order to protect your Family. If someone is blocking you from making money, you try to resolve it as honorable men. When that fails, you must put words away and select an alternative weapon, capisce?

La Cosa Nostra has business interests in a variety of industries — you can guess what they are. The cash flow generated from the mom-and-pop operations help fund the major ones. These, in turn, help finance the "accepted" businesses or, as the law enforcement authorities like to call it, the "legitimate businesses." (Don't get me started on the "legitimate" business of law enforcement or politicians.)

The accepted businesses are often enterprises respected highly by others who are not in our world (i.e. WASPs). In turn, that respect brings La Cosa Nostra power outside of their world, along with influence and a network of contacts, both corporate and political. ...
Living Life In The Mob - AskMen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies