Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2016, 03:28 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup Not See View Post
Do us a favor and look up all of the wasted taxpayer money over the last 8 years ...start with Solyndra.
I live in NEW JERSEY and people are trying to preach to ME about high costs and wasted taxpayer money... lol ok.

I still say we take this money out of the defense budget that we grossly and uselessly overspend on. $1M a day for a minimum of 5 months or over $1.5 BILLION a day on defense, a figure that has been relatively steady and similar for years now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Struck a nerve, I see. It's very simple. Cons cry about taxpayers money incessantly until this....this thing that is pointless & a large expense for taxpayers.
"Struck a nerve" lol you wish.

You lose credibility to me when you generalize "cons." I am not a "con," just FYI.

Old 12-04-2016, 03:32 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
"Struck a nerve" lol you wish.

You lose credibility to me when you generalize "cons." I am not a "con," just FYI.
Lol, uh huh.

Old 12-04-2016, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Lol, uh huh.
I know it's easier for some people to place others in their little labeled boxes. It's okay, I understand.

Like most Americans, I am actually a centrist. I have both liberal and conservative views making me nearly dead center. Also called "moderates."

Old 12-04-2016, 03:37 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
Then you need to take your own advice & see a problem with this.
Do you have any proof whatsoever that the Trumps will continue to live in Trump Tower for the entire eight years of his presidency ? Or just what you heard on HuffPo ?

Old 12-04-2016, 03:41 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Do you have any proof whatsoever that the Trumps will continue to live in Trump Tower for the entire eight years of his presidency ? Or just what you heard on HuffPo ?
Do you have any proof whatsoever that I claimed they were going to live in trump tower for the entire presidency?

Old 12-04-2016, 03:42 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
That's funny.

We are paying $3 million a day to secure 18 members of the Trump family. Republicans screamed about Michelle Obama's mother living in the White House to watch the two daughters. Now that it's 18 Trumps we are securing, they are completely silent. Not only will Melania Trump cost us a fortune in New York, a lot of businesses are suffering economically due to the security. If it were Trump, he'd sue the city, state and country. It's not surprising that a 100K have already signed the petition for her to leave.

Old 12-04-2016, 03:42 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
Do you have any proof whatsoever that I claimed they were going to live in trump tower for the entire presidency?
Then if you don't know how long security will be needed, stop b*tching.

Old 12-04-2016, 03:45 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
One million dollars of tax payer money per day and massive traffic issues so that the little snowflake, Barron, isn't inconvenienced by changing schools.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Trump will be president. What his first concern should be is what is best for the citizens of the US. There are private tutors and alternative schools for the little snowflake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The Obama girls, the Bush girls, Chelsea Clinton, Amy Carter, Susan Ford, the Kennedy children (who were toddlers) all handled their immediate transition to the White House very well. You guys act as if Barron Trump is going off to a prison camp.

Why can't you guys just be honest and admit that Melania and her son are "special snowflakes".
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Everybody is different.

If Barron really IS autistic it could be very difficult to pull him from his environment and get him readjusted somewhere else.

Maybe they are "special snowflakes." I don't really give a f*ck unlike some pathetic people. They're the first family now (well soon). They will be protected by whatever means necessary and there is no rule that says they must move on inauguration day. In fact, a president never has to move to the White House if he or she doesn't want to. The fact that nearly every president has doesn't mean they have to. People get freaked out when they see changes or any deviation from longstanding tradition. Melania and Barron are allowed to not move, now or ever. Tough if people don't like it.
jersygirl is right, if baron is autistic, then keeping him in the school where he is, is less of a problem then uprooting him and moving him in the middle of the school year. autistic children have special needs, and it is much easier to introduce him to a new school at the beginning of the school year, since it is on a regular schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
^^^^ Yes, they certainly DO owe an explanation for choices that are costing taxpayers one million dollars/day. The right thing to do would be for Donald to pay the security detail costs himself until Melania and Barron move to the White House. He can afford it.

It's absurd that everyone else should have to foot their bill. He's not even president yet and we're already paying his bills. Ridiculous.
no they dont own us a damned thing in regards to an explanation of why baron is being kept in the school he is in now until the end of the school year. its their business not ours. do like it? tough, grop up and let these people have their privacy, we dont need ti know everything about their lives.

Old 12-04-2016, 03:45 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Then if you don't know how long security will be needed, stop b*tching.
Melania Trump staying in New York is a huge expense for us as a country as well as for New York, New Yorkers and the business around Trump Tower that will lose so much revenue as long as she is there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies