Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2016, 09:10 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
See post #210.

I never heard ANYONE of either party complain that Obama's house in the Hyde Park section of Chicago gets FULL protection. A significant reason is likely that each POTUS/POTUS elect is allowed to designate one residence other than the White House for full protection. If this is such an issue for some people, then why didn't those people grill Trump via Twitter or some other means and use his 'Trump Tower' answer to motivate people to not vote for him? Oh that's right, he wasn't going to win.
What is the cost to secure the Chicago premises? I doubt it is even close to 1 million/day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 09:15 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What is the cost to secure the Chicago premises? I doubt it is even close to 1 million/day.
Especially since they don't use the house. It's sitting empty. The Obamas, despite widely held opinions to the contrary, really do not spend much time away from the White House compared to previous presidents.

Old 12-05-2016, 09:18 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Hillary and Bill charge the Secret Service rent for the guest house in Chappaqua. The rent paid covers the mortgage of the entire estate. The Clintons have been in "public housing" their entire adult life.
Source?

Old 12-05-2016, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Hillary and Bill charge the Secret Service rent for the guest house in Chappaqua. The rent paid covers the mortgage of the entire estate. The Clintons have been in "public housing" their entire adult life.
Wrong.

Old 12-05-2016, 09:27 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1..
It is collateral damage on his part.He spread the hatred words.She is with him she must agree with his stupidity and ignorance.
Ya I guess thats the mentality of people isnt it??

If she really did she would wanna join him in DC straight away I think!!

Old 12-05-2016, 12:21 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,401,480 times
Quote:
Don't forget about Trump's castle in Florida , add that to the bill.
We will be paying for security on 3 places for the Trump's .

Old 12-05-2016, 12:35 PM

CNN reporting that Mayor de Blasio has requested $35 million to protect President-elect Trump for the next 65 days until the inauguration.

Old 12-05-2016, 12:50 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
You call it racism... It is not racism, it is a matter of point, fact and truth... You saw it for the past 8yrs... No amount of denial can make that go away. Republican had an incessant assault mentality toward President Obama, because of his skin color and ethnicity. Now, if you want to talk racism, that is what has been 8 yrs of racism. Pointing it out does in no way make me racist.

If "SOME" white people want to claim racism every time someone points to their conduct that is racist driven, they want to try and diffuse it by some reverse child psychological game of such. NO, Americans have been pointing this out for 8 yrs with more articles than you or I have time to read.

So, NO, I reject 100% your crude attempt to try and paint me as a racist, because I won't overlook the overt and covert racism that SOME white people have demonstrated and continue to demonstrate.

You seem to conveniently want to dismiss the long history of white driven racism. Black people have tried to work with white people on any and every level. The only thing black people have continually ask, is that white people review themselves and learn to understand their own history of racism and how it continue to influence so many in, speech, text and manner. It was insidious that white people went into all out craziness trying to deny the basic's of civil rights, as if they think they have some delusional position to ration out equality. Get the Heck Over Yourself !!!!! You are nothing more than a human being who has non pigmented skin that is considered as white. It infers nothing special upon or within you. Your arse will live and die just like everyone else. If it was not for the American Indians and black people, you'd be just like the peon class of that which your ancestry came from. The only thing that gives you the delusion of that which you carry is "money", and that would not be of such imbalance if your ethnic culture had learned to live with fairness and equity, rather than use, abuse, greed and avarice. Even today, look at the mess that such has done to destroy legacy industry, and decimate the economic viability of this nation. But, such ignorance won't allow you to blame your own ethnic kind, but the truth is evident and documented and you nor any other white person can erase it. Those are factual elements, you can deny all you want, but that does not make it go away.

If anything, its time to wake the heck up and get off the skin color based fictional pedestal. I've seen and known many good white people and over time hope to know more, but they are nothing like what you push of denial and a mentality that does not acknowledge its own history. The moderate and liberal minded white people do not care nor want much to do with the racist and bigoted types, because they seem them as being ignorant and self patronizing imbeciles. Even when it comes to many white women, they are tired not only of the subjugation of what some racist type of white men do to them, they don't like the mentality of covert racism that is within such types of men. Time is showing more and more, that white women are not falling for the "money" trap, they are looking at the character and when they see that bigotry and racist undertone, they want nothing to do with such types. This infuriates such men, because rather than develop a non racist and non bigoted character, they'd rather attack and beat and brutalize the women. Look in yourself and see the foul nature of mentality that was groomed within from a long history of racist and sexist delusional pretenses of fictional supremacy and what you will find is a money grubbing mentality that has few limits of what they will do for money, or how much they will kill and destroy their own family if they run out of it. Maybe you can learn that the fiction of racism was built on greed, vanity, ignorance and ultimately self delusional foolishness. Likely, that is far more than many are up to the task to face.

But, some white people have this delusional 'holier than thou" madness, that they have some delusion that anything they do is Ok. They carried out that conduct for Centuries and decades and no one in their right mind is going to ignore and dismiss the fact that America racism is borne and driven by white society.
Black people are more of a reactionary force against such, you wonder why black people have so much distrust of "some" white people. Then all you need to do is read and learn "the real and honest history of American white people" and the answer is made very clear. It was white people who created American Slavery, American segregation and all the racist ignorance that has followed. IT was not created by black people. Not only do you know that, you are basically a liar to deny it. The even sadder part is the carry over mentality, that is somewhat inbred within the culture in far too many. Never once stopping to think of what they say, what they do, how they do it, and the racial prejudgmental concepts that has been transferred from generation to generation.

Yes, I talk about it, and I point it out, and will continue to point it out, because it is a problem in these United States of America. If you want to pretend it is not, then you are simply caught in a loop of confabulation, where you paint yourself as being without fault, and that defiantly is a self delusional lie.

This is not the Jim Crow Era, where the policy was that no black person could speak such truths about white people. The fact is, some white people should speak the truths about themselves.
some even send their dumb ass kids to college and they take that crap on the University campuses and then carry it over into the workforce of Industries.

So, you need to come up with something better than your shallow and weightless claims to try and deflect and reflect your own disposition madness upon black people.
As to whether I said one or many, you knew exactly what i mean when I said "Republican" if you don't then that's your problem of shallow capability to understand reference and inferences.
your racism/hate is showing through again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
And Obama WAS NOT REQUIRED to show his birth certificate!

Nor WAS HE REQUIRED to produce his college transcripts!

But that crap went on for eight years.

Expect the same now that the shoe is on the other foot!!
i never said he was required to show those things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Trump needs to:

1. Produce his tax returns as he promised to
2. Move his wife to the White House, or pay for the cost to NYPD to protect the Ivory Tower
3. Cancel the rent agreement in NYC with the Secret Service where he collects rent from people who are there to protect him and his family
why should he? if the president is allowed to indicate a second location for security to be provided full time, and he designated trump tower, then so be it. that is his prerogative, live with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
Don't forget about Trump's castle in Florida , add that to the bill.
We will be paying for security on 3 places for the Trump's .
only when the trump go there for vacation, otherwise the secret service will protect two properties full time, the white house and trump tower.

Old 12-05-2016, 02:19 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,401,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

why should he? if the president is allowed to indicate a second location for security to be provided full time, and he designated trump tower, then so be it. that is his prerogative, live with it.

only when the trump go there for vacation, otherwise the secret service will protect two properties full time, the white house and trump tower.
How do you know all this?
Trust me there will be 24 hour protection at the castle in Florida as well.
Which makes it three places to pay for.

Old 12-05-2016, 05:17 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,225,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

Quote:
either read with the ability to comprehend what is written and its context, of skip the posted comment, I detest repeatedly responding to such ignorance. maybe if you get it through your head that being white does not give you any semblance of perfection, then you can learn to read with the ability to interpret. rather than with a pathetic deflecting nature of comment.

As to Trump and cost, New York already estimate this clown will cost 35 million dollars before the inauguration and this bunch of pathetic republican are ready to sanction such crazed cost without a wimper.
This shows the insidiousness of the Right Wing mentality... No wonder the Confederates were able to send out so many to be killed in battle to protect the wealthy. We see that mentality of "_uc_er" is still embossed within thecharacter of Right Winger Types. .

I hope there is 100 million Thinking American's who stand up and file complaints, and those complaint get traction and make him pay up or his wife pays for her own security.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies