Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 02:20 PM

29,834 posts, read 24,927,606 times

Advertisements

Hard for them to produce much wealth when all their jobs are either in 3rd world hell holes, or non existent. And McYD's ain't gonna cut it. Not to support them, their parents, or the welfare class of America, and all are ready for a raise apparently.

It seems most libs think wealth is created via a printing press. Defective thinking and poor leadership is definitely part of the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2016, 02:25 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
We are?

Old 12-04-2016, 02:26 PM

18,502 posts, read 9,172,720 times
I was born in 1980.

I believe that Medicare and Social Security will be bankrupt by the time I retire, and yet I still have to pay into these programs. I hear constantly from far-right seniors about how I'm entitled or something.

Old 12-04-2016, 02:29 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,965,605 times
You mean that 20 Trillion dollar debt you're handing over to us?

Or the SS/Medicare I get to pay so you can retire, but will be gone well before I ever retire?

Gee thanks! I'm so grateful to the Boomers for all that prosperity we're about to crash.

Old 12-04-2016, 02:32 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,001,616 times
"Ahhh stupid young people, get off my lawn!" *waves cane*

This is all I hear/see when I read posts unnecessarily and wrongly trashing millennials.

You want to come tell the majority of my college friends how their parents apparently had enough money to send them through college? They must have missed the memo considering most of them have loans.

Old 12-04-2016, 02:33 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
You mean that 20 Trillion dollar debt you're handing over to us?

Or the SS/Medicare I get to pay so you can retire, but will be gone well before I ever retire?

Gee thanks! I'm so grateful to the Boomers for all that prosperity we're about to crash.
Millennials need to start pushing back HARD. They have been busy working and letting baby boomers attack them when they shouldn't have to. Republicans are working on privatizing Medicare which will be a huge humbling for baby boomers. Seniors on Medicare only pay about a third of the benefits they receive, they are depending on Millennials to pay the rest for them.

Old 12-04-2016, 02:34 PM

29,834 posts, read 24,927,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
"Ahhh stupid young people, get off my lawn!" *waves cane*

This is all I hear/see when I read posts unnecessarily and wrongly trashing millennials.

You want to come tell the majority of my college friends how their parents apparently had enough money to send them through college? They must have missed the memo considering most of them have loans.
I would also like to ask those same boomers why I am doing some of the same jobs of them, but working every bit as hard for the same wage, not adjusted for inflation? Why are many of my friends doing the same job as me, for even less? I don't think they have any right to criticize my generation, considering the mess they left for us to clean up. And we no longer have the means, will or work ethic to fix these messes. They were too busy trying to get rich instead of instilling any of that in the next generation. Not good... But I can't blame them. I think many were victims of brainwashing and manipulation.

The sooner millennials wake up to reality, the sooner we can restore some of this nation's former glory. But it will not be easy. And it will take the cooperation and dedication of all of us to put the pieces back together again. But that's what opportunity is all about, and that what many millennials say they are looking for. We will see.

Old 12-04-2016, 02:36 PM

45,444 posts, read 60,638,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I was born in 1980.

I believe that Medicare and Social Security will be bankrupt by the time I retire, and yet I still have to pay into these programs. I hear constantly from far-right seniors about how I'm entitled or something.
You do understand how both programs work? And have always worked?

You want to know who got the best deal from Social Security? The WW II generation and the one preceding it. They paid in at very low rates on a lower top earnings and many didn't pay in for many years of their working lives.

I know you guys blame the Baby Boomers for Medicare but it was the generation of legislators born around 1900 or so who adopted it, the Boomers weren't even old enough to vote when that happened.

As far as most Baby Boomers being retired, that's incorrect. Some of us are, I am, but most are not. In fact the tail end just turned 50 a year or two ago. They have quite aways to go.

Will I go back to work? Probably not unless something I just can't turn down, and that will likely not turn on money but a challenge, comes up. Actually I turned something down a couple years ago because it just didn't interest me. No I didn't apply for it, I got a phone call from someone who thought I'd be interested in it. I wasn't.

Old 12-04-2016, 02:40 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,965,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Millennials need to start pushing back HARD. They have been busy working and letting baby boomers attack them when they shouldn't have to. Republicans are working on privatizing Medicare which will be a huge humbling for baby boomers. Seniors on Medicare only pay about a third of the benefits they receive, they are depending on Millennials to pay the rest for them.
I used to be opposed to privatizing medicare, but let's get real, it will be long gone by the time I get to retire (and if thanks to student loans), and it's a decent chunk of change I could use.
(
When/if Ryan and Trump get their way, the Boomer generation will go from hounding the youngins' for participation trophies and reminiscing about those factory jobs that paid a livable wage out of high school to demanding free stuff.

This thread is a prime example of Boomer entitlement.

Old 12-04-2016, 02:46 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,733,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
LOL How HARD can you push? What a joke! You gonna strike out with your parasol or something
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies