Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 12:47 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times

Advertisements

I think he's trying to pull a pump and dump. I think his infrastructure plan (if it comes to play) will boost the economy a little bit for a short while, and then it will all come crashing down. Trump is trying to pump this baby up long enough to win a second term before the inevitable destruction that supply-side economics brings.

In essence, I think Trump is going to ride the Obama's economic recovery for as long as he can (while claiming credit, of course), implement the infrastructure rebuild after the recovery loses steam, and hope the artificial boost it gives to the economy wins him another four years before the economy plummet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 12:49 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
Less than a year.

Old 12-06-2016, 12:50 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Yeah, he's gonna ride Obama's 1% "recovery."
Good one.

Old 12-06-2016, 12:50 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I think he's trying to pull a pump and dump. I think his infrastructure plan (if it comes to play) will boost the economy a little bit for a short while, and then it will all come crashing down. Trump is trying to pump this baby up long enough to win a second term before the inevitable destruction that supply-side economics brings.

In essence, I think Trump is going to ride the Obama's economic recovery for as long as he can (while claiming credit, of course), implement the infrastructure rebuild after the recovery loses steam, and hope the artificial boost it gives to the economy wins him another four years before the economy plummet.
There hasn't been a recovery. Eight years later we are still worse off than before the crash. Not that the Obamabots care about the truth.

Old 12-06-2016, 12:51 AM

979 posts, read 490,814 times
I am guessing somewhere between year one and year two we should see things start going south. Followed by two more years of trying to dig deeper to stop the economy from crashing all while making things worse. I actually hope I am wrong on this, but only time will tell.

Old 12-06-2016, 12:52 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post

Says the guy that claimed Trump had 0 chance to win the election. You have no credibility here anymore. You're always wrong. You wouldn't stop talking about brokered conventions, and third party candidates. Lol. Only on city data.

Old 12-06-2016, 12:53 AM

979 posts, read 490,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
There hasn't been a recovery. Eight years later we are still worse off than before the crash. Not that the Obamabots care about the truth.
So we are worse off like the Bush years before the crash? There has been a recovery, the economy has recovered quite well compared to how bad that recession was. There is plenty of information and data out there that shows this. Granted, your last sentence makes me wonder if you care about factual information and data....

Old 12-06-2016, 12:54 AM

6,234 posts, read 8,443,944 times
I guess we ALL get to find out together.

Old 12-06-2016, 12:56 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Says the guy that claimed Trump had 0 chance to win the election. You have no credibility here anymore. You're always wrong. You wouldn't stop talking about brokered conventions, and third party candidates. Lol. Only on city data.

Why do you have to lie so much? Is it even possible for you to tell a truth for once??! Just once!?

I have never said Trump had 0 chance. Never. I have no respect for anyone who has to pull this kind of sting in order to win an argument.

I would never give anyone 0 chance, let alone the crazy right-wing party. They would elect O.J. Simpson under the "right" circumstance.

Old 12-06-2016, 12:57 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
So we are worse off like the Bush years before the crash? There has been a recovery, the economy has recovered quite well compared to how bad that recession was. There is plenty of information and data out there that shows this. Granted, your last sentence makes me wonder if you care about factual information and data....
In my very short post I said before the crash. Yet you completely ignored it while making a statement about how facts support you yet you don't bring out those facts. Just because you said. Why listen to you?
Granted, your entire post makes me wonder if you care about factual information and data....

Before the crash 28 million on food stamps. Now with this "recovery" 8 years later only recently have we come down from all time highs in food stamp usage, and 43 million are still on food stamps. Nothing spells recovery like a 50 percent higher rate of food stamp usage. Because the more people we have on government assistance the better, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies