Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 05:01 AM

1,850 posts, read 820,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Blue states funding red states? Which states provide most of the national resources and energy? Most of the military?

Most "blue" states arent even blue when you really look at geography , and alot of the worst poverty in red states are in blue counties? Would the "blue" states adopt their fellow blue areas in the black belt south and hispanic southwest? "Blue" america is a picture of economic and racial hypocrisy

Most so called "blue" states are just a few cities and areas surrounded by red counties, like Washington state, Oregon, Northern california? One of the most viable separatist movements in America is in northern California and Oregon with the Jefferson separatist movement
That's actually an excellent point. Like, California liberals will brag about their agriculture and then say "we" provide the food for America and farming is a huge industry and meanwhile none of the farmers are blue or live in blue areas and actually hate the people who are writing.

In fact, blue cities are to their states as Washington, DC is to America. They sit there issuing orders while the state or country sends them wagons full of taxation. Like, during the recession, Washington, DC was never affected and everyone there was still making six-figure incomes and buying seven-figure houses. And all the liberals there are like "ha ha, liberalism works!" Sure, because the entire country is supporting your one city. Liberalism does, in fact, then "work."

Blue cities effectively impose themselves politically on the entire state. Whereas, in red states, the actual state is red.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2016, 05:12 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Heard this tonight in an online game.

Amazing how stupid liberals are. I've always noticed the coastal states require safe spaces, tons of regulation, and supervision, but much of the interior of the country is far more live and let live, and do your own thing.
Have you lived anywhere other than Tennessee?

Old 12-10-2016, 06:06 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
Wrong, both required the government to intervene in order to force it on the people. It's always hilarious how liberal logic is "I use government to force something on people, and then if you oppose it you are clearly for government." People should be ashamed to write stuff like that, but they do it all the time and with no care about how it makes them look.

They are. Liberals are fleeing from California to Texas, from New York and New Jersey to Florida, and from Illinois to Indiana. It's fact that liberals hate their own policies.

Absolutely, farming is subsidized. But it's actually subsidized because it's too productive, which flummoxes liberals because they're used to subsidizing themselves for being lazy and unproductive. If the government didn't intervene, then prices would have dropped, which means that people would have stopped producing milk or certain staple crops, and then the prices would later skyrocket and they would be unavailable in the interim. And then you'd be on here whining about how only the rich could afford milk or bread and wondering why and saying "the corporations ...!! It's a conspiracy!!" like liberals always do.

P.S. On the topic of food, liberals were the ones who came up with the great idea of burning food as fuel, which led to the greatest subsidies, which they claim to be against in the field of farming. Brilliant move as always from the Ivy Leaguers. "Let's burn corn!!"
"They are. Liberals are fleeing from California to Texas, from New York and New Jersey to Florida, and from Illinois to Indiana. It's fact that liberals hate their own policies."

S.C GAINED a seat in the House due partly by northerners moving in.

N.C. came within a hair's breathe of gaining a set for the same reason.

N.Y. LOST a seat.

Once they retire in the North they realize the can't AFFORD to live there any longer and move South.

Old 12-10-2016, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Let's see how cocky the conservatives are when their own party wants to take their Medicare and cut their social security. But we always have extra money for a war or for the top 1%.
Or corporate welfare... go figure.....
The liberals sure were when Obama ran things and hillary was running.

Then when Hillary lost all they can do is whine and cry in public, go to their "safe" places and use crayons to "ease" their simple little minds.

" But we always have extra money for a war" That the DEMS VOTED FOR AND SUPPORTED.

Under Obama we have been "at war" LONGER then under any other President in history.

"Or corporate welfare." The dems cintrolled the HOUSE, the Senate AND the White House.

Why didn't THEY do something about it, if you think they cared so much?

"or for the top 1%." MANY of which ARE DEMS.

Isn't it odd, people like you ONLY attack conservatives, yet have a blind eye towards the party YOU vote for.

The word, 'hypocrite" come to mind!

Old 12-10-2016, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Disability recipients all have college degrees and live on the coasts? Is there a source for this? I don't know a single disability recipient.

Wait, there's this:

The four counties with the highest percentages of SSI recipients are in Kentucky. In Owsley, Breathitt, Clay and Wolfe counties, between 16.5% and 19.2% of the populations receive SSI benefits.

Almost 20% of the population is on disability?!

Entitlement beneficiaries: Who are they and where do they live? – Pam Allison

It appears the OP has a point.
This is why we can't have honest discussions on ANY subject.

A poster says, "The problem is the millions of Special Snowflakes with their worthless degrees."

Then in a reply the poster says this, "Disability recipients all have college degrees"

Why is it that some posters either DON'T read what is written or ignore what is written and try to CHANGE what is written to fit their OWN agendas?

Then they wonder why we don't take them serious!

Old 12-10-2016, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I think they grow "food' in California and NY. LOL
But not enough to sustain themselves for very long.

And they don't grow everything needed.

How are they going to heat their houses, get electricity, gas for their cars and trucks, etc.?

They don't have enough other natural resources to sustain themselves.

Old 12-10-2016, 06:34 AM

Quote:
We can hire gardeners, I have no fear from a middle of the country split. None at all. I think the coasts would come out ahead.
How old are you, 12?

Old 12-10-2016, 06:36 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,090,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
"Republicans in flyover states make me laugh."

I bet you weren't laughing when they defeated Hillary Clinton.
Reps sent your way...

Old 12-10-2016, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Your point? It seems terribly important to flyover states to convince us we need them. I don't think we do. We don't feel compelled to tell them they need us. I'm sure they'll be fine.
" It seems terribly important to flyover states to convince us we need them. I don't think we do."'
They need us MORE then we need them.

What do THEY provide us with that we can't provide for ourselves?

Old 12-10-2016, 06:41 AM

Quote:
We'll be fine. If we need something we can buy it and we can shop globally, just the way Trump does when he bought Chinese steel. I bought cherries from South America at Costco the other day. The middle of the country can sell, or perhaps barter, with each other. As long as my tax dollars stay in blue areas, I would be very very happy with it.
You ARE delusional!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies