Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 08:48 PM

1,482 posts, read 1,379,197 times

Advertisements

Her people didn't vote or voted third party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2016, 11:44 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by refineryworker73 View Post
We are talking about 100,000 thousand votes spread over 3 states. It is difficult to know exactly what happened why she narrowly lost. I don't know. I think it had more to do with Clinton losing certain voters to third party candidates or voters who just stayed home. But even then I don't know.

But I think the trump focused on jobs and she didn't nonsense is wrong. I think the Trump is a populist angle is nonsense. Trump is not popular with the majority of Americans. So how is he a populist?
You dont have to be supported by the majority of the people, just your policy. If you poll people on the simplistic Trump Stances, you could probably get upwards of 60% in favor.

Old 12-10-2016, 11:46 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,822 times
We know why we lost. We lost because of the electoral college. If the Presidency were won by the popular vote, Clinton would be sworn in in January. Simple.

Old 12-10-2016, 11:58 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
The Democrats lost because they abandoned the working class. They focused on transgender bathrooms while millions of good paying jobs are being replaced with low-wage shit jobs.
No, the people believed in Trumps BS. He is not going to bring coal mining jobs back. I have no idea why people would believe that. If you honestly think a billionaire appointing billionaires to his cabinet will benefit the working class, you are delusional.

Old 12-11-2016, 12:04 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No, the people believed in Trumps BS. He is not going to bring coal mining jobs back. I have no idea why people would believe that. If you honestly think a billionaire appointing billionaires to his cabinet will benefit the working class, you are delusional.

Positive change is here al ready even before the first day in office. Obama has put in place 100 BILLION Dollars of regulations and is why we are at 2% growth GNP.

The Flip side I Investors have to feel confident Gov is a partner, not a advisory. \\

This is how jobs are created and more revenues for the Gov. After all Obama has racked up a 20 Trillion Debt.!

Old 12-11-2016, 01:22 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,936 times
Remember when Trump, during his campaign, held up Goldman Sachs as the enemy of blue collar workers and that Hilary Clinton was their puppet?

Look what Trump is doing now, recruiting the people who run Goldman Sachs to be members of his cabinet. What a world class hypocrite Trump truly is.

Those poor suckers who voted for this charlatan are maybe now beginning to understand that Trump doesn't give a flying f..k about them. Romney was right, Trump is a pathological liar and a fraud.

Old 12-11-2016, 06:25 AM

1,618 posts, read 2,625,580 times
Apparently, Democrats saw the title to this thread and came into it to prove it true.

Old 12-11-2016, 06:31 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
We know why we lost. We lost because of the electoral college. If the Presidency were won by the popular vote, Clinton would be sworn in in January. Simple.
Not so simple: Clinton failed to gain a simple majority (50% of the total, plus one vote) and any fair system would have provisions for a runoff. In that scenario, Trump would gain most of the votes for Johnson and McMullen, while Clinton could count only upon the Stein voters. Not likely to result in a "progressive" victory.

Old 12-11-2016, 06:40 AM

1,618 posts, read 2,625,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Not so simple: Clinton failed to gain a simple majority (50% of the total, plus one vote) and any fair system would have provisions for a runoff. In that scenario, Trump would gain most of the votes for Johnson and McMullen, while Clinton could count only upon the Stein voters. Not likely to result in a "progressive" victory.
Given Trump's positions, I'm not really sure he could reliably draw the Libertarian vote, so it's not even THAT simple.

Old 12-11-2016, 09:12 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Yes, that is of course one correct answer to the question of why Clinton lost. However, it still baffles me that the democrats can be so in denial of what I would say is an even more important question.

How could you run someone so bad, against the likes of Donald Trump no less, that you would not be 20% or 30% ahead of him in the popular vote....enough to actually beat him in the electoral vote.

I voted for Trump, but it wasn't a real positive vote, it was a vote because as bad as Trump may be, I couldn't pinch my nose long enough to put an "X" in the box for Clinton. I'm not a partisan voter, I cross the political spectrum quite often when voting and I see nothing wrong with that at all....I think millions of others do that as well.

All I was looking for in this election is for one good reason to vote for a reasonably likable, qualified democratic candidate who would inspire confidence in our future....and you picked HRC instead. Trump was her competition for gods sake, the bar is pretty low to be the better choice....and yet, you managed to pick the one person would could actually look worse then DJT....wow, that took a whole bunch of bad democratic party decisions to make this train wreck scenario even possible.

Until your party stops bitching, moaning and groaning about the electoral college being the sole reason for her loss, you'll be wandering in the wilderness. Grow up, accept reality, ask yourself hard questions and give yourself honest answers. Accept the answers from millions like me, who just needed you to run a decent candidate without a 100 car freight train of stinking baggage behind her, and who would actually be a likable person....and you'd have beaten Trump by 20% in the popular vote and truly had a electoral landslide.

I'm still utterly baffled...you can't honestly, deep down, really think the only reason you lost this election is the electoral college vote, can you ????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies