Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2016, 08:50 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,604,163 times

Advertisements

If he makes it to the White House, we'll see if all the Republican Senators vote to confirm his nominees for the cabinet. He seems to be working hard to make enemies of several of them (if they aren't already) and it will only take two of them to zap a nomination, even with the reconciliation process. These senators are pushing for full disclosure from the CIA about the hacking, which is encouraging. A few of them may still put country above party, when it comes to a serious threat like this.

With all the gloom and doom anti-Trump people are predicting, I don't think many are aware of just how fragile a hold he has on being able to get measures through the Congress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2016, 08:55 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,199,173 times
Breaking: US media caught rigging polls and influencing the election for Hillary. ABC is the real fake news

Old 12-11-2016, 08:57 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,285,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post

How cute. I'm not a DNC supporter at all. Nice straw man.
I didn't say you were. In fact I wasn't even responding to you. Perhaps you should work on your reading comprehension.

Old 12-11-2016, 08:58 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,391,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
It's clear that Russia interfered in the campaign and maybe the election.

Unless you are like Trump and believe our intelligence community, which is made up of 16 agencies and thousands of employees, is lying to bolster the campaign of Hillary Clinton.
First, no one'c calling the CIA "liars". People are pointing out that they're just expressing an opinion based on absolutely zero direct evidence. They're just saying that hacking DNC servers could have been done by "the Russians", and they don't know of anyone else to point the finger at.

Second if you think injecting truth into an election is "interference", then you have a warped perspective on democracy.

Old 12-11-2016, 09:10 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,579,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
If he makes it to the White House, we'll see if all the Republican Senators vote to confirm his nominees for the cabinet. He seems to be working hard to make enemies of several of them (if they aren't already) and it will only take two of them to zap a nomination, even with the reconciliation process. These senators are pushing for full disclosure from the CIA about the hacking, which is encouraging. A few of them may still put country above party, when it comes to a serious threat like this.

With all the gloom and doom anti-Trump people are predicting, I don't think many are aware of just how fragile a hold he has on being able to get measures through the Congress.
I think we all will just have to wait and see. All indicators say he will not have a problem with Republicans. Democrat Liberals, yes, they will be bitter for years. Keep in mind that all the "Prophets" have been wrong from day one, and have misread every thing that has happened, so no one should be worried about this "Train" derailing any time soon. I don't think think the Trump Opposition has anything left thats heavy enough to put on the Track to derail this Train. Too much momentum now, and much more "weight" behind it than even at first, yet it still kept coming. Now, its bigger, stronger, and is pulling a lot more cars.

Old 12-11-2016, 09:35 PM

84 posts, read 77,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve930 View Post
I can't argue your points. However Hillary isn't any better. This was a terrible choice.
I agree. I think the rust belt voters just voted against Hillary not because they were thrilled with trump. Both were and are terrible people and candidates. Joe Biden for sure and probably Bernie Sanders defeat Trump easily back in November.

We had the two worst people that could possibly run. In 2020 I'd like to see Tulsi Gabbard run for the democrats. She is well spoken, Iraq war vet, young and good looking. That would be somebody I would not want to face in 2020 if I were Trump or the republicans.

Old 12-11-2016, 10:04 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,391,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Did he not ask for Russia to interfere with the election if this can be proven there is his Impeachment ,him and Pence.
No, he did not. Are you for real?

Old 12-11-2016, 10:39 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,938,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve930 View Post
I can't argue your points. However Hillary isn't any better. This was a terrible choice.
No but I could sleep at night with what Hillary wanted for us. Sure it was likely to be an oligarchy, but let's face it, Trump is a war-hawk wanting to "bomb the **** out of them," yet he was "anti-war"; Trump is a smug know-it-all who "knows more about ISIS than the generals"; and Trump is a foreign labor hypocrite having his clothing line made in various parts of Asia, his steel made in China and labor for his Miami hotel come in the form of H1-B visa workers, yet we expect him to save American jobs? I saw through the BS Trump was selling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_Holiday View Post
I agree. I think the rust belt voters just voted against Hillary not because they were thrilled with trump. Both were and are terrible people and candidates. Joe Biden for sure and probably Bernie Sanders defeat Trump easily back in November.

We had the two worst people that could possibly run. In 2020 I'd like to see Tulsi Gabbard run for the democrats. She is well spoken, Iraq war vet, young and good looking. That would be somebody I would not want to face in 2020 if I were Trump or the republicans.
I think so, it's what I vote Clinton for. She wasn't Trump.

I don't know who Tulsi Gabbard is but I recon ANY Democrat will beat the Republican candidate in the 2020 election. I'm not sure if Trump will last all four years for whatever reason, let alone win the nomination despite being the sitting President. Trump will set us back socially twenty years and I hope not economically but I deeply fear he will.

Old 12-11-2016, 11:05 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,285,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_Holiday View Post

This is exactly why I voted for Trump. It was a vote against Hillary rather than a vote for him.

I heard of Tulsi Gabbard but wasn't familiar with her. I've looked her up because of your post and I like what I see. If it were her against Trump it wouldn't be a hard choice at all. This could be our first woman president. She'd have my vote. Thanks for mentioning her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
No but I could sleep at night with what Hillary wanted for us. Sure it was likely to be an oligarchy, but let's face it, Trump is a war-hawk wanting to "bomb the **** out of them," yet he was "anti-war"; Trump is a smug know-it-all who "knows more about ISIS than the generals"; and Trump is a foreign labor hypocrite having his clothing line made in various parts of Asia, his steel made in China and labor for his Miami hotel come in the form of H1-B visa workers, yet we expect him to save American jobs? I saw through the BS Trump was selling.

I think so, it's what I vote Clinton for. She wasn't Trump.

I don't know who Tulsi Gabbard is but I recon ANY Democrat will beat the Republican candidate in the 2020 election. I'm not sure if Trump will last all four years for whatever reason, let alone win the nomination despite being the sitting President. Trump will set us back socially twenty years and I hope not economically but I deeply fear he will.
You ought to take a look at Tulsi Gabbard.

I could be wrong but I still think Trump is not going to have an easy time getting things through congress. I'm curious to see the reaction when he faces opposition from Republicans.

Old 12-11-2016, 11:42 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,604,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
I think we all will just have to wait and see. All indicators say he will not have a problem with Republicans. Democrat Liberals, yes, they will be bitter for years. Keep in mind that all the "Prophets" have been wrong from day one, and have misread every thing that has happened, so no one should be worried about this "Train" derailing any time soon. I don't think think the Trump Opposition has anything left thats heavy enough to put on the Track to derail this Train. Too much momentum now, and much more "weight" behind it than even at first, yet it still kept coming. Now, its bigger, stronger, and is pulling a lot more cars.
To extend your analogy, if just a couple of spikes are pulled from the rails at the wrong place, derailment could be the result.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies