Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 05:19 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
He should step back and slow down. He mentioned he wanted to get the Democrats involved so he should definitely follow that up with action. Get the moderates from both sides to work together to get this to work for everybody in the country.

If he gets healthcare to work for everybody I will stop bashing him.
As of this morning, he no longer had any interest in working with the Democrats. Still trying to appease the Tea Party wing of the Republican party
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2017, 06:01 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Well, then, that's yet another example of his meaningless campaign rhetoric. "Coverage for all" and the Tea Party are oxymorons. They don't believe in it.

Once again - the man demonstrates he has no plan - as so beautifully stated by:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

I have no idea what I'm doing.

I have no plan.

I never had a plan.

In fact, the thought of even reading a plan, much less actually doing the hard work to formulate one myself, just bores me to tears.

I actually plan on just endorsing whatever piece of crap the Republicans come up with.

I don't care if it drops millions of people from coverage, I don't care if it costs tens of thousands of lives.

Hell, I don't even plan to read it, just push it through for a "win" for my administration.

Then I'll probably go golfing."

Substitute what issue is currently being discussed. The foregoing will always be true.

Old 04-04-2017, 06:05 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
He should advocate to get the govt entirely out of the healthcare sector.
Then how are poor people supposed to come up with the money to go to the doctor when they get sick? Beg for it in the street?

Old 04-04-2017, 06:08 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Me too. It may be that only an R president can get us to medicare-for-all. Just like it took an R president to normalize our relationship with China.
But President Johnson, a Democrat, brought about Medicare.

Old 04-04-2017, 06:36 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then how are poor people supposed to come up with the money to go to the doctor when they get sick? Beg for it in the street?
It's called a go-fund-me account now. Same thing but with better returns.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:08 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 rainbows View Post
And even more important: Teach little kids to maintain Health..., & make adults responsible for continuing... Good health. Only exception should be Catastrophic-HELP for circumstances beyond anyone's control.
Just wait until your genes catch up with you!

Old 04-05-2017, 09:22 AM

3,733 posts, read 5,966,964 times
Too bad there is no leadership in the White House or the House of Representatives. We need a Ronald Reagan/Tip O'Neil type of relationship in Washington, They were on opposite sides politically but they worked together to get things done on both sides of the aisle. All they do in DC now is blame each other and nothing gets done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies