Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 12:59 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,297,131 times

Advertisements

As the list of Cabinet nominations keeps growing, I can't help but think either President Elect Cheeto doesn't know what the named departments actually do, or he just is nominating people to mess with them.
For example:

Your National Security Advisor is a firm believer and supporter of conspiracy theories (Flynn) and Chief Strategist is a Nazi, sorry, I mean alt right propagandist.

Labor Secretary Puzder is a CEO for fast food, and an expert at exploiting labor, but now is tasked with protecting them

EPA head Pruitt has literally made a career out of suing the EPA on behalf of the fossil fuel industry, and doesn't believe in climate change.

Treasury Secretary Mnuchin is leaving the fox in charge of the henhouse as a Goldman Sachs exec and zero government experience.

Linda McMahon of WWE fame is the head of the Small Business administration, after she's made her entire career out of crushing small independent businesses and potential competitors to the WWE.

It's like it's opposite day in Trump Tower, or no one has told his cheeseship that the goal of the Secretaries is to support the portfolio, not destroy it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2016, 02:58 PM

439 posts, read 357,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
As the list of Cabinet nominations keeps growing, I can't help but think either President Elect Cheeto doesn't know what the named departments actually do, or he just is nominating people to mess with them.
For example:

Your National Security Advisor is a firm believer and supporter of conspiracy theories (Flynn) and Chief Strategist is a Nazi, sorry, I mean alt right propagandist.

Labor Secretary Puzder is a CEO for fast food, and an expert at exploiting labor, but now is tasked with protecting them

EPA head Pruitt has literally made a career out of suing the EPA on behalf of the fossil fuel industry, and doesn't believe in climate change.

Treasury Secretary Mnuchin is leaving the fox in charge of the henhouse as a Goldman Sachs exec and zero government experience.

Linda McMahon of WWE fame is the head of the Small Business administration, after she's made her entire career out of crushing small independent businesses and potential competitors to the WWE.

It's like it's opposite day in Trump Tower, or no one has told his cheeseship that the goal of the Secretaries is to support the portfolio, not destroy it.

C'mon, it's not the least bit funny? That last one, WWE-lady, cracked me up. I feel like aristocracy compared to some of people Trump's nominating...It's becoming a joke.

That said, I heard the Naked Cowboy was at Trump Tower... Secretary of State?

Old 12-08-2016, 03:10 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
For example:

What do you do with that many sour grapes?

Old 12-08-2016, 03:15 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,224,771 times
Did you vote for him? If not, you aren't supposed to like his choices. Elections have consequences.

Old 12-08-2016, 03:29 PM

439 posts, read 357,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Did you vote for him? If not, you aren't supposed to like his choices. Elections have consequences.
Who cares about elections or there "consequences". If certain folks aren't taking themselves seriously, then why should anyone else? In addition, the First Amendment ensures I can comment on anyone or anything I like. That's the way it works in this constitutional republic, friend.

Last edited by JamaicaOnTheHudson; 12-08-2016 at 03:43 PM..

Old 12-08-2016, 03:31 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
That is what you need to do if you wish to roll back regulations.

Old 12-08-2016, 03:38 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,553,659 times
It's not being trolled. It's being sold. Trump thinks the nation is a business. What do you expect from a man who knows absolutely nothing about the history of this nation. Highest bidder, folks--come on down! You want that land for copper mining to send copper to China? No problem! How much you gonna pay for it? You want to tear up the middle of the country to build a pipeline to pipe oil to China? No problem! How much you willing to pay for it? You want to gut the EPA to make it easier for both domestic and multinational corporations to ruin the land and water systems? No problem--just pony it up, friend!

Trump is a complete nightmare. An ignorant doofus who craves power. And he has tarnished this nation's reputation probably beyond repair. Well, the GOP has been systematically destroying our educational system for decades, then built a right-wing media system (Hannity, Jones, ad nauseum) to pump the now-ignorant with utter garbage and lies. And they've succeeded on a grand scale. Now step aside, everyone, while King Trump and his BFF Putin rule the world.

Old 12-08-2016, 03:40 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,033,587 times
Quote:
For example:

What is it about "drain the swamp" that you don't understand?

Old 12-08-2016, 03:41 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,553,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
What is it about "drain the swamp" that you don't understand?
He's not draining the swamp; he's stocking it. What is it about that that you don't understand?

Old 12-08-2016, 03:43 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
all you trump naysayers keep harping on the "trump doesnt know anything" crap, and its getting old. i bet that trump knows more about government than most of you naysayers, and that you naysayers are just spouting off about trump because you are still butt hurt about hillary losing the election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies