Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 07:58 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
with an 'america first' policy in place I doubt Trump would entangle us in European affairs. . . similar to the Monroe Doctrine
Good.

No matter what the left says, we should not be the world's police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2016, 08:00 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Russia is going to invade Sweden???

Old 12-20-2016, 08:00 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Compare the economies of Russia versus Western Europe. It is about time Western Europe pays their own way for their defense. There is no way in hell Russia should be a threat to Western Europe even without us.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:03 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Sweden is moving to revert to Cold War era military posture out of fear of Russian invasion. Russia is a threat to the sovereignty of every nation and its vicinity, and Trump has shown an inclination to side with Russia over NATO (and a Russian ambassador was just killed in a NATO country). I'm not protecting World War III, but it's no longer outside the realm of possibility, and I'm not sure the US will be on the right side.
How in the world is Russia a threat to their neighbors sovereignty????

Old 12-20-2016, 08:04 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I know, the dems are really embarrassing themselves.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:08 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,966,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Swedish towns told to 'make preparations regarding the threat of war and conflict' with Russia*

Old 12-20-2016, 08:09 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,966,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
How in the world is Russia a threat to their neighbors sovereignty????
Ask Ukraine.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:10 AM

4,800 posts, read 2,802,137 times
Default Yah, history is messy

Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
BTW, speaking of the "right side of history" meme that liberals love, if you go back to WWII, liberals also opposed that war and tried to pull a Vietnam on it. They constantly wrote about how it was going badly and people were dying and we needed to pull out. And then we won and they were like "yeah, see, I was always for this."
Funny, as I recall, it was the America First & mostly very politically conservative groups that strenuously opposed US involvement in WWII. If Pres. FDR was among the Liberals @ the time, then the Liberals were looking for ways to support the Allies (with supplies, food, textiles, & later trucks, jeeps - & finally, destroyers, tanks, arty, airplanes, ammo & weapons - to full-fledged war after Pearl Harbor). If you have any sites that show otherwise, I'd be interested in looking @ them.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:12 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Ask Ukraine.

It's astounding that right wingers don't know this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
Funny, as I recall, it was the America First & mostly very politically conservative groups that strenuously opposed US involvement in WWII. If Pres. FDR was among the Liberals @ the time, then the Liberals were looking for ways to support the Allies (with supplies, food, textiles, & later trucks, jeeps - & finally, destroyers, tanks, arty, airplanes, ammo & weapons - to full-fledged war after Pearl Harbor). If you have any sites that show otherwise, I'd be interested in looking @ them.
Don't hold your breath waiting on proof.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:12 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Quote:
Sweden is moving to revert to Cold War era military posture out of fear of Russian invasion. Russia is a threat to the sovereignty of every nation and its vicinity, and Trump has shown an inclination to side with Russia over NATO (and a Russian ambassador was just killed in a NATO country). I'm not protecting World War III, but it's no longer outside the realm of possibility, and I'm not sure the US will be on the right side.
Yes, why stop at world war... GALAXY WAR 1... I mean its entirely possible!! How can anyone not see that Trump will just outright attack extraterrestrial life on other galaxies... just a glimpse of the stupidity of the liberal brain...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies