Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 12:30 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Of course he can get some people. Even if he didn't book anyone, who really cares. Its an Inauguration, not a Concert. I would be going to see Trump sworn in, and not to listen to music. All this is just another "Liberal" straw they are grabbing, as if its going to change something. They still haven't figured it out that there is no "Rewind" and "Replay" on this machine.
It proves how sick and twisted the Leftists really are.

Old 12-23-2016, 12:34 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I am just fine. I want him to tell the truth which he has not done. I don't know where you live but the east coast knows him very well. He is already visiting states. So my suggestion was going to states who didn't elect him. It would begin the healing process. Why do have a problem with that
It could be a problem... I can just see him getting up and speaking in a state that didn't go for him.... remember when he told those states that he would never forgive them if he didn't win them? Nobody likes someone who is nasty to them, and trump can be the emperor of nastiness. Just look at the forum for proof of that.

Old 12-23-2016, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I think we should all care because this represents the divide in this country that Trump created. His rhetoric against women and minorities during his campaign turned so many people off. And he has yet to try and bring our country together. He would rather go on his victory tour of people who voted for him. How gracious and humble it would be if his tour included states who didn't vote for him. He could have insured them that he would be their president as well even though they didn't vote for him. Now that would be a class act if he did that. And it would be an act of his promise of bringing this country together. But he didn't do it nor does he care to do it.
What rhetoric against women and minorities?

If his campaign "turned so many people off," how did he win in an electoral "landslide," winning 2/3 of the 50 states? Hillary's popular vote 'win' was entirely due to California and New York, proving that the Framers were indeed right in creating the E.C.

Most people recognized that the Left 'created' the controversies out of whole cloth. Just as with Anita Hill and Clarence Thomas, and with their smears of Herman Cain, charging him with sexual misconduct with women.

Tell me: When you hear about a truck driver aiming his truck at a market and mowing down crowds of people, do you question if it was Islamic terrorism, or do you look at the pattern of behavior, the repetition of something that has become a favorite tactic, and not question what it was?

Democrats have used the same tactics for many years. We are familiar with the pattern. At the eleventh hour, someone "comes forward" to make an accusation, someone that had "kept silent" for years, and now feels she must "speak up." Yeah, right. We know the pattern. We know they are liars.

Old 12-23-2016, 12:45 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,769,652 times
I hear the KKK marching band is available.

Old 12-23-2016, 12:46 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,071,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Nonsense!

No doubt he can get Ted (poopy) Nugent, Meatloaf, and Kid Rock.

I predict a Trump tweet tantrum on inauguration day or shortly thereafter.

My youngest son had liked Kid Rock a lot during his last few years of high school and two years of college. Got to meet Kid Rock back stage while he was on tour in Iraq. My son was totally thrilled to meet him and still talks about it now.

Old 12-23-2016, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Turned Off? Your talking about California and New York basically, and who cares what they think. I am sure California and New York will get some of his attention when he cuts off Federal Funding for Sanctuary Cities, That's something we, his supporters, will not let him skip by.

I kind of wonder why anyone would want Trump to be humble and try to make up with those who are still in War Mode with him, and acting like fools not excepting reality. He already has extended an olive branch, and the Liberals aren't interested, so they can just pout and fester.

He already has said that he will be everyone's President, many times since the election. Maybe you should have listened.
If Trump had campaigned in California like he did in the states where he was victorious, I'm betting Hillary's 'popular vote' totals would have been a lot less, and perhaps Trump may have even won.

Hillary chose not to campaign in Wisconsin and Michigan. Her loss, Trump's gain.

It is noteworthy that both campaigned hard in Pennsylvania, but Trump was victorious by a large margin. Something was wrong with her message. It's like the bad dog food. Dogs don't like it.

Old 12-23-2016, 12:55 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times
Who cares, it will likely be the last time he faces the Clintons.

Old 12-23-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Well, his just can't accept he did not win the popular vote. So, instead, he will ignore, lie, and deny by saying "he won in a landslide" - knowing that if he repeats the lie often enough his mentally deficient supporters will believe anything he says.

Not possible to unite the country when he can't even take the first step - which is admitting it is divided.

Bocelli withdrew for exactly that reason. A sh*tstorm of protests from his fans on social media. Bocelli has a HUGE international following - whose numbers FAR OUTWEIGH any American Trump fans. He did the right thing. He would have been crucified worldwide if he hadn't.
So pathetic. Do you not realize that there is a very good reason why our presidential elections are not decided by a national popular vote? Have you never had a course in civics?

Of fifty sovereign states, Trump won the popular vote in 2/3 of them. That is the only thing that counts. He got more electoral votes. Sorry you don't understand our system and respect it. Maybe you should think about taking a course in American government.

Bocelli, who had originally agreed to sing, withdrew after threats from Leftists who threatened his career with extinction (and perhaps more). They are like thugs in an organized crime syndicate. Who knows? They may have even threatened his life. They have posted horrible things on Jackie Evancho's Facebook page. These are sick and twisted people.

Old 12-23-2016, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
That's really sad.
It's not just sad. it's pathetic.

Old 12-23-2016, 01:21 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
I say screw them. Trump should give voice and stage to new talent who are not afraid to put country above politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies