Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2016, 07:51 PM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times

Advertisements

I don't understand Israel's reaction as far as this will make it difficult to negotiate in the future, I don't really believe that was even a remote possibility. They will ignore the resolution anyway as they have with countless US requests to stop the developments. Obama has in fact done a lot for Israel in the way of the largest defense package in history buit now he's an outcast.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:56 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,018,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
When one has Hamas taking credit for all the violence against Israel, it would be stupid for the PLO to publically take credit for any of it as they would lose their legitimacy as representative of the Palestinian people. But if they are representative of the people, why have they not allowed elections in over 10 years? Why, as part of their budget, do they reward people $1000s who have attempted to kill or have kill Israelis? Why, as part of their budget, do they reward people $1000s while sitting in Israeli prisons (the more heinous the crime the more they get paid)? There is no way all these criminals are Hamas as it's pretty easy to show that the prisons are separated by affiliation.
There are people in Israeli prisons who've been held without trial or conclusion for years and years. Often these are primary income earners and subsidizing the family is needed for social welfare.

Why are they not great Governors and holding regular elections? It's difficult to compare a place which doesn't even have defined borders, a military, etc... with developed nations on this point.

Old 12-30-2016, 08:50 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
There are people in Israeli prisons who've been held without trial or conclusion for years and years. Often these are primary income earners and subsidizing the family is needed for social welfare.
Are you saying that only people in administrative arrest get paid from PA? Not convicted terrorists? You know, I'm not John the all american kid from Nashville...

Quote:
Why are they not great Governors and holding regular elections? It's difficult to compare a place which doesn't even have defined borders, a military, etc... with developed nations on this point.
Excuses, excuses... Jewish yeshuv had elections even before establishing a state.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-31-2016 at 04:33 AM.. Reason: English only

Old 12-30-2016, 09:00 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,018,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Are you saying that only people in administrative arrest get paid from PA? Not convicted terrorists? You know, I'm not John the all american kid from Nashville... Ana min A-shark al awsat, ya zalame.

Excuses, excuses... Jewish yeshuv had elections even before establishing a state.
Let's not confuse things... the claim was that the PLO was a terrorist organization, they are not. Are they perfect Governors? Absolutely not and I believe some of them are deplorable.

A peaceful co-existence and an end to the conflict would undoubtedly allow their people to focus on their own problems.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-31-2016 at 04:34 AM.. Reason: English only

Old 12-30-2016, 09:45 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:

Why does the PA pay Palestinian convicts who are imprisoned in Israeli prisons?
https://www.quora.com/Why-does-the-P...sraeli-prisons

Palestinians: The Difference between Us and Them
by Bassam Tawil
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/6...l-terror-shame

Old 12-31-2016, 05:45 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
This is an odd position for me... I used to be one of them right wing anti-zionists in the past, because I see how much power jews have on congress, the judicial system, and the banks.. who would have thought it would have been democrats that would have gone anti-Israel, and some of the big billioniaire globalists the ones calling Israel "racist" and demanding they let in more mixed race people like they are force feeding Europe...

I guess the major globalists have no major allegiance to Israel, at least a faction of them? I always thought they were supposed to be a unified group with a collective groupthink mindset but apparently some of them have different ideas how to take the world forward....

Mostly I think Obama is doing it because he has nothing to lose as an outgoing president, and because republicans so staunchly support Israel, so they're just taking the opposite position to be different. If republicans suddenly started supporting wholesale abortion I'm convinced democrats would suddenly oppose it just to be different, using the same argument republicans use now.

Old 12-31-2016, 05:58 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Let's not confuse things... the claim was that the PLO was a terrorist organization, they are not. Are they perfect Governors? Absolutely not and I believe some of them are deplorable.

A peaceful co-existence and an end to the conflict would undoubtedly allow their people to focus on their own problems.
The PLO as a matter of fact is responsible for a good many terrorist attacks.
U.S. jury finds PA, PLO liable for terror attacks
Now are they currently a terrorist organization? I don't know.

Old 12-31-2016, 07:34 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,224,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Yes, we need to learn from US as they used a very gentle hammer in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan...
You didn't get it. I wasn't talking about Israeli military responses. Much more often than not Israeli military responses are justifiable. I was talking about the all out verbal offensives that your media engine takes. This Israeli reaction to the American abstention was way over blown.

Based on your reaction to valid criticism, you validate my statement that the Israeli government needs to develop a thicker skin. Had Israel reacted quietly this would be a dead issue already. What are we up to on this thread 700 posts?

Last edited by Tonyafd; 12-31-2016 at 07:43 AM..

Old 12-31-2016, 07:56 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,224,169 times
A year ago Netanyahu addressed Congress. It was clear at that time that he was campaigning for military strikes against Iran just as he successfully did in 2002 against Iraq. His address to Congress was not well received by the Obama administration. In fact I believe that Obama regarded this as interference and manipulation of American foreign policy. The job of administering American foreign policy is with the State Department of the USA not the Knesset or the Israeli Prime Minister. It is no wonder that Obama reacted the way he did and I think that Israel is in for some unpleasant surprises if they **** off Trump.

When I stated that Israel overreacted to America's veto, this was for the reasons above not because Obama dislikes the Jews.

In a larger sense I believe that the President saved us from another expensive war and loss of American life. By avoiding war with Iran Obama acted on behalf of the American people.

Last edited by Tonyafd; 12-31-2016 at 08:08 AM..

Old 12-31-2016, 07:59 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
The first time in 37 years the US has allowed the UN to pass a resolution to halt settlements.

Good ,since when does Israel get a free pass on everything???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies