Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 01:23 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
The graph from energy.gov say's that you lie.
My lies are more accurate than your facts.
When Bush left office gas was $1.78.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2016, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Gas hit all time high in summer 2008 at well over $4.00, but then it came down temporarily just before the election, when the economy collapsed, and that is the only price the Bush loyalists remember. Gas was sky high for 8 years, but they only remember a month or two when it was low. That is partisan politics at its best.
Bush was a total failure. When he left office gas was $1.78.

Old 12-27-2016, 01:27 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,613,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm sure you'll try to blame the earthquake in Washington, DC as Bush's FAULT too... right?
Get it? Earthquake... Bush's FAULT...

Old 12-27-2016, 01:34 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
What they aren't choosing to see is Little Johnny's dad can no longer earn an extra $200/week helping Farmer Dan on his days off because the illegal immigrant will do the exact same job for $75.
Let's talk about Farmer Dan, the guy whose crop prices are propped up with government subsidies, whose crops are left unharvested when "illegal immigrants" fail to arrive or are prevented from working (Farmers face huge losses over migrant worker delays) and how popular a $50 salad at McDonalds's will be when Farmer Dan is paying Little Johnny's dad two bills a week.

Yeah, let's talk. I don't pretend to have definitive answers, but I do know be careful what you wish for...

Old 12-27-2016, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUMF View Post
I'm sure you'll try to blame the earthquake in Washington, DC as Bush's FAULT too... right?
Get it? Earthquake... Bush's FAULT...
No, I don't get it.

Old 12-27-2016, 01:55 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
And few months before that it was $4.19. It was high most of the time during his term, but you only, and other Bush fans only remember $1.79 which lasted one month out of 8 years and only because the economy had been destroyed.

Bush is the only president who actually had something to do with bringing the price of gas down, and he did it by destroying the entire economy. I do not approve of that approach of bringing it down.

Old 12-27-2016, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
And few months before that it was $4.19. It was high most of the time during his term, but you only, and other Bush fans only remember $1.79 which lasted one month out of 8 years and only because the economy had been destroyed.

Bush is the only president who actually had something to do with bringing the price of gas down, and he did it by destroying the entire economy. I do not approve of that approach of bringing it down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
My 401K is up 50% since Obama has been President and gas is down by 50%.
Gas was $1.78 when Obama took office. That is simple facts. It got up to near $4.00 under Obama also.

Old 12-27-2016, 04:05 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,662,137 times
No.

That is not something I would expect from any president.

Obama certainly made things better, and specific actions taken by his administration with regards to monetary and fiscal policy certainly left the nation in a better position than what could have been.

Just as actions taken by the Bush administration made things drastically worse, the standard of living was an incidental casualty amongst more direct targets.

Old 12-27-2016, 04:12 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
The Economy Obama inherited was Bush's fault. The economy we have now is Obama's fault. What will Trump do? Who even knows? I'm hoping for the best, I didn't vote for the other one.
And only an incompetent community organizer could go 8 years and not turn the economy around. I can guarantee Trump will turn it around in far less time.

Old 12-27-2016, 04:21 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
You are looking at the world through a different set of lens than those that voted Trump. Not only haven't they enjoyed your economic recovery, some of the current administration's policies made it even more unlikely they ever will. I just love when my fellow teachers say illegal immigration doesn't have an economic impact. No, not for them, matter of fact, it increases job security because it brings more children, many who will need extra educational services. What they aren't choosing to see is Little Johnny's dad can no longer earn an extra $200/week helping Farmer Dan on his days off because the illegal immigrant will do the exact same job for $75. And while having a cleaner world is good, creating regulations that shut the doors of the various main employers in entire regions of Kentucky and West Virginia has destroyed the economy of those two states and it will take decades before eith recovers. It is part of the reason Pennsylvania went red. The same was true for the western part of Virginia and Clinton only won the state because of the suburbs of DC in Northern Virginia. What you aren't acknowledging is despite your area recovering, there still are no jobs, let alone good ones, for these people to get.

Lets talk about legal and illegal aliens for a minute. People keep saying "They are taking our jobs", but the reality is AMERICANS WON'T DO THE JOBS THESE PEOPLE TAKE ! Just try to get some American out in the fields, picking vegetables all day in the hot sun, or doing lawn landscape work, or roofing on a hot tar roof in 100 degree sun.

Hell, we can't even find people to work in our air conditioned store ! There are a whole lot of jobs that we are too lazy to take, but they will gladly take them, and show up every day and work hard. I have worked side by side with Mexicans, some legal , some not, and they keep their noses to the grindstone and never complain.

I also work side by side with a lot of people from 16 to 50-ish, and most of them are so damn glued to their cell phones that they give about 4 hours work in an 8 hour day. If we have lost jobs to aliens, it is our own lazy fault. People talk a good game.........."Oh, I can't find a job", but the reality is, jobs are out there, but we are too good to take them or appreciate them when we get one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies