Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 05:04 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times

Advertisements

At this point I'm thinking about pulling the plug on all of my internet devices as it appears the world
has gone mad. People are out of their freaking minds if they believe this.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grey’s Anatomy star Ellen Pompeo has been criticized by woke social justice warriors after using black emojis on Twitter, with some users accusing her of overstepping her bounds as “a privileged white woman”.

Grey's Anatomy Star Ellen Pompeo Accused of Racism After Using Black Emojis | Heat Street
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2016, 05:10 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,507,142 times
In fighting back, I hope that means she told them to go f themselves.

Old 12-28-2016, 05:12 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Ahhh...her mistake was engaging them.

Old 12-28-2016, 05:15 PM

29,825 posts, read 24,908,096 times
I think the internet is making people stupider.

Old 12-28-2016, 05:16 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,697 times
She posted a tweet trying to virtue signal to the SJWs and they ended up turning on her for being a White woman. This is the crowd of people she associates with and wanted approval from. It looks like she got what she deserved.

Old 12-28-2016, 05:20 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
In fighting back, I hope that means she told them to go f themselves.
Unfort not. She ended up apologizing.

But I do love it when Liberals eat their own.

Old 12-28-2016, 05:23 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Let me guess. All of the ones attacking her were white. Am I right?

Old 12-28-2016, 10:02 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,976,312 times
I witnessed the whole ordeal on Twitter and I don't think what she did was offensive and she was actually doing a great cause which was speaking out on racism. This is one of the things I don't get with some Blacks is that you want social injustice to change, yet you crucify the very people that are in the position to help you.

Ellen is married to a Black man so although she isn't Black and won't necessarily face injustices that Blacks do, she has a front row seat to how injustices to Blacks effects her life being that her husband is Black and her kid is a bi-racial Black. It was actually very disheartening to see Blacks attacking her when she was actually standing up for the Black community yet she was vilified for it. She used Black emojis to promote unity amongst Whites & Blacks, do Blacks want to be viewed as equals are not?

This is why a lot of Whites simply just keep their mouths shut when it comes to Blacks injustice because most Blacks will continue to harbor hatred and resentment towards Whites regardless of the fact that there are a lot Whites that are not racists and truly want to help Blacks. However it's ironic that when you want help, aid, assistance, you blame Whites as being the ones not willing to help you and keeping you down. So either way it's obviously a loosing battle for Whites when it comes to Blacks, so I guess it's best to allow you to continue to struggle on your own and fix your own problems.

Old 12-28-2016, 11:16 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Social media nonsense drives me nuts.

Old 12-29-2016, 05:23 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
This is why a lot of Whites simply just keep their mouths shut when it comes to Blacks injustice because most Blacks will continue to harbor hatred and resentment towards Whites regardless of the fact that there are a lot Whites that are not racists and truly want to help Blacks. However it's ironic that when you want help, aid, assistance, you blame Whites as being the ones not willing to help you and keeping you down. So either way it's obviously a loosing battle for Whites when it comes to Blacks, so I guess it's best to allow you to continue to struggle on your own and fix your own problems.
Blacks don't know what they want. They are just unhappy and want to blame non-blacks for their whole situation.

1. They keep changing how they want to be referred to. Black, AA, people of colour etc...

2. They don't want non-blacks to use the n-word, yet they keep using it themselves about themselves, sometimes affectionately.

3. They think that slavery was invented in America and only on blacks and refuse to recognize that slavery has been in practice all over the world since the beginning of human civilization and also on non-blacks.

4. They never blame the blacks in Africa that sold blacks to slave traders.

5. They now want all symbols of slavery removed such as the Confederate flag and names of former slave owners removed from buildings... and yet complain that in places like Richmond, VA there are no visible signs left of all the slave trading that went on in that city. Heard that on NPR yesterday.

Instead of moving forwards, they just want to look backwards and complain. IMO the complainers all need to visit Africa and see what their ancestors left behind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies