Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 08:25 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I really hope that Trump sues the media for libel, because that would allow the matter to be investigated and fully vetted in PUBLIC, you see to sue for libel the defendant has to prove the claims were false.

That is why Trump has always settled his cases out of court, he doesn't want anyone to find out all the icky little details.
I hope he does too because I would LOVE to see that video deposition. Fun!

Old 01-13-2017, 08:33 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Yes, please. I hope Trump sues. Then he'll have to submit to discovery and we'll all get to see what really happened.
Which is what Tom Arnold has said when someone on Trump's team threatened him with a lawsuit:

“It’s on!” Arnold said. “Open Apprentice vaults for discovery! Miss Universe too!” Given how much information such a lawsuit could potentially reveal on the president-elect, it will be interesting to see if his legal team really pursues it against Arnold in the coming months.
‘It’s on!’: Tom Arnold claims Trump lawyers are threatening to sue him over ‘Apprentice’ tape claims

Old 01-13-2017, 12:06 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,226,183 times
Quote:
Yes, please. I hope Trump sues. Then he'll have to submit to discovery and we'll all get to see what really happened.
Did Obama sue Trump when he went on his 7 yr triad attacking President Obama in the media in print and every other way....
Nope,...... Trump is getting some of what he deserves... and there should be much more for all the crap he has said and done.

This B>>> S>>> of Give Trump a Break, is insidious... It appears, His supporters are more nuts than he is. We know they like people to dictate to them, set them up and screw them over, and they get really upset at any administration that does not back them up to the stump....

It was people like Trump supporters who's ignorant greed kids who went and got a delusional degree, and sat in the seats of Industry and sold away America's Industrial Capacity for their fantasy aims and status games... ( I use to watch them "bragging about what a great deal they got in China on production, and how they were so much smarter than the Chinese, these same "monsters" could not wait to sell the next division of the corporations to China !!!!!" YES, These WERE AND ARE American peoples kids who did this, with the aid and help of their mothers and father in some cases, and certainly to the hoopla and praise their family gave them for getting a bonus and a pat on the back, and a office with a window)... Now, not only are their mommies and daddies whining, all those other offspring and relatives and even their kids are wining because, not only did they destroy industry, they destroyed the 'shop repairmen jobs and any kind of small business they could attack or get in and dismantle or destroy by their fleecing games, and they did it all across the country,.... all in their aims of"looking for slaves on foreign soil" so they could pretend to be like their ancestry, who profited from slavery and indentured servitude. Get ready.... that "slave hunt is not over, Trump's gang is set to pursue making you indentured servants, when they dump the low paying jobs and tell you to forget about workers rights, and dare you to even mentions benefits)..

Now its the parents of these same kids talking about they want change... They should have started with changing their own kids to learn to respect something, respect society, respect the nation and respect the governance and respect the working people, before they sold everything for a bonus and a pat on the back, so they could play"let's pretend to be elite"....
The Era of Trump Followers mentality is, the same as his, as he has always used "put down commentary" as his claim to his own fame and self adulation's..

He will get much stuff pulled up and published and if you think it's not out there, is likely because they have not looked in the all the places just yet.

But they are to insidious to look in the mirror and blame themselves, and if anything needed to be changed it was and is them.... and their offspring's. ( Many of these people know what I say is true, and they probably bragged about their kid to others.... all the while it was their kids screwing over the union worker and other laborers and writing collusive policy, and figuring out how to scam society, so they can play and pretend they made it honorably.). I know for a fact its true.
A gentleman asked me to run his company, he wanted to have some time off. He was upset because he hired young men from university, he said, all they wanted was an immediate big house, big truck and marquee car and good vacations, then he hired a university women to run his office, he said, when he finally had to let her go, all the documents were just piled on top of each other in the drawer, and the rest of his entire office pool was in total discord, because she only want to look good and give orders and go to meeting and lunch. )...
Many people have seen this over and over and over across American, in big companies and small companies. Sadly, some companies don't exist anymore because of these very types and mentalities.
During the 1970's , 80's and early 90's university grads, came out and they are angered beyond belief at Union worker who earned more than they did, when some of these grads, got position they never should have gotten not only did they know nothing, some never had a job before. Yet, they were/are anguished at long term skilled people being paid. These same groups did everything they could to run up the ladder all the while fighting unions and laborers. and and pushing anything they could by any means to be over paid and given more responsibility, than they had/have understanding to deal or work with.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 01-13-2017 at 01:34 PM..

Old 01-13-2017, 12:13 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Webster called. They want a picture of you to put in their dictionary for the word "obtuse".
So please tell me what I got wrong then.

Clapper, Comey, and Biden all confirm that they were briefed/briefed Trump.

That was the extent of CNN's reporting.

As I said, you and other Republicans are conflating CNN's reporting with Buzzfeeds.

Old 01-13-2017, 12:20 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
I think Trump Should Pull CNN's FCC License. They're not a news organization but a propaganda organization.
If releasing news that wasn't yet substantiated caused a station to lose their FCC license, then we would not have a single, solitary news agency on the air right now.

Come on... how silly.

It's a story. They were clear that this needed to be corroborated.

Old 01-13-2017, 12:20 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Indeed.

Old 01-13-2017, 12:36 PM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
We're playing semantics now. This was a clever way for CNN to keep their hands clean and circumvent the standards of journalistic integrity.

"""We're not reporting on the contents of this dossier, we're just reporting that it exists and that Trump was briefed on it, wink wink"""

Too bad that regardless if the contents turns out to be true or not, the damage will already done. People will have already made up their minds, even if it turns out that everything in the dossier was completely made up.
I can only speak for myself, but I'm open to the report being fake. I hate Trump as much as anyone. Having said that, no one has presented concrete proof of its veracity either way.

But yes, essentially you are correct in your last statement. That does not mean they shouldn't have reported that the POTUS and Trump were both briefed, and really whose fault is it that the worst conclusion would be drawn from it?

It's kinda like the Comey's email letter.

Old 01-13-2017, 01:12 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I can only speak for myself, but I'm open to the report being fake. I hate Trump as much as anyone. Having said that, no one has presented concrete proof of its veracity either way.

But yes, essentially you are correct in your last statement. That does not mean they shouldn't have reported that the POTUS and Trump were both briefed, and really whose fault is it that the worst conclusion would be drawn from it?

It's kinda like the Comey's email letter.
What disturbs me is not that the report might be fake, but that Trump has not done what I would consider appropriate for a President elect which is to call out for a full investigation of the allegations. I would be so proud if he would do that, but instead he tweets about it and his staff obfuscates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies