Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 03:27 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times

Advertisements

Even George Stephanopoulos couldn't believe what he was hearing...

Video at the link.

Obama: 'I Am Absolutely Convinced That Race Relations...Are Actuallly Better Now'

"What is true, though, is now we've got a bunch of videos that whatever side of the issue you're on, raises the temperature on these issues and makes people really focused and-- and-- and-- and trying to figure out, 'What exactly is this?' And I think that is a healthy thing. But I also-- I'm not so out of touch that I don't see how young people interact today."

Regarding the hate crime in Chicago...

"But that allows us then to talk about how -- how -- how do we break free from those kinds of attitudes? And I think that we are in a position to continue to make progress, but it's gonna require us to both recognize what the problems are, also recognize the -- the -- the progress we've made."

So - if I am understanding him - race relations are better because we are more aware of the problems now.

Is he serious?? Does he really think people were less aware of race issues 20 years ago? Laughable...

Someone help me - what did Pres. Obama do to help race relations during his two terms?

According to his definition, you could say that Black Lives Matter made race relations better because we are now more aware of the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 03:29 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,958,896 times
You have got to be kidding me. Boy is he delusional!

Old 01-10-2017, 03:33 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
This is the whole - you need a crisis to make change - mentality.

Note what he said - the temperature needs to be raised to make people focus.

Two words... Community organizer... that's what he cut his teeth on with Frank Marshall Davis... that's who he will be when he leaves office.

Old 01-10-2017, 03:34 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,295,551 times
We treat blacks better than ever before and yet they seem more prejudiced and racist themselves than ever as a whole. The media brainwashes them to be that way, pushing the "victim" mentality rather then encouraging them to better themselves. A look at any map of large cities shows that all over the country people stick to their own.. it's more a cultural issue than a racial issue.. people like to be around people who act like they do.. I find these racial maps fascinating...

http://www.nytimes.com/projects/cens.../explorer.html

He might be right and perhaps we are just more aware of racism now because of increased social media.. it's kind of like the whole thing where people "think" weather is getting more extreme when it's not, there's just increased media coverage... back in 1965 nobody knew about rural tornadoes and hail events.. they didn't get recorded and uploaded to youtube within 12 hours... there's a cold front that brings 30 degree weather and people scream climate change like it's never happened before. Yawn.

Maybe race relations were always bad and really aren't so bad now, it's just the media won't shut up about it now and with twitter, facebook, etc. we are bombarded with this information around the clock...

Old 01-10-2017, 03:54 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,224,771 times
Master of the straw man argument. He's blaming a video again! Is Hillary advising him?

Old 01-10-2017, 03:56 PM

626 posts, read 381,362 times
Russia created racism

Old 01-10-2017, 04:00 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Even George Stephanopoulos couldn't believe what he was hearing...

Video at the link.

Obama: 'I Am Absolutely Convinced That Race Relations...Are Actuallly Better Now'

"What is true, though, is now we've got a bunch of videos that whatever side of the issue you're on, raises the temperature on these issues and makes people really focused and-- and-- and-- and trying to figure out, 'What exactly is this?' And I think that is a healthy thing. But I also-- I'm not so out of touch that I don't see how young people interact today."

Regarding the hate crime in Chicago...

"But that allows us then to talk about how -- how -- how do we break free from those kinds of attitudes? And I think that we are in a position to continue to make progress, but it's gonna require us to both recognize what the problems are, also recognize the -- the -- the progress we've made."

So - if I am understanding him - race relations are better because we are more aware of the problems now.

Is he serious?? Does he really think people were less aware of race issues 20 years ago? Laughable...

Someone help me - what did Pres. Obama do to help race relations during his two terms?

According to his definition, you could say that Black Lives Matter made race relations better because we are now more aware of the problem.
Has to be on LSD.

Old 01-10-2017, 04:01 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,335,521 times
Obama wants to be Chris Rock

Old 01-10-2017, 04:32 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,329,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
We treat blacks better than ever before and yet they seem more prejudiced and racist themselves than ever as a whole. The media brainwashes them to be that way, pushing the "victim" mentality rather then encouraging them to better themselves. A look at any map of large cities shows that all over the country people stick to their own.. it's more a cultural issue than a racial issue.. people like to be around people who act like they do.. I find these racial maps fascinating...

Mapping America ? Census Bureau 2005-9 American Community Survey - NYTimes.com

He might be right and perhaps we are just more aware of racism now because of increased social media.. it's kind of like the whole thing where people "think" weather is getting more extreme when it's not, there's just increased media coverage... back in 1965 nobody knew about rural tornadoes and hail events.. they didn't get recorded and uploaded to youtube within 12 hours... there's a cold front that brings 30 degree weather and people scream climate change like it's never happened before. Yawn.

Maybe race relations were always bad and really aren't so bad now, it's just the media won't shut up about it now and with twitter, facebook, etc. we are bombarded with this information around the clock...
blacks have more outlets to bring things to light. It's not "blacks getting more racist". That's a laughable statement. Blacks have more ways via the internet to publicly vent. If anything you should be scoffing at the fact that whites have steamrolled everybody in the U.S. for centuries but cried for 8 straight years over Obama being "in charge". Blacks have gotten slaughtered on camera the entire Obama presidency and he didn't lift a finger, yet whites still cried the whole time. But please continue to tell us why blacks should shuck and jive and tapdance and SHUT UP. What's funny is on most black sites or black online gathering places there are usually a bunch of white people sitting there lurking, trolling, and complaining. Many of you will literally go sit on thegrio or huffpo black voices, and troll and tell blacks to shut up, on black sites. The lunacy of it all.

Old 01-10-2017, 04:50 PM

500 posts, read 319,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Has to be on LSD.
When do you suppose he changed from cocaine (his admitted choice of drug), or maybe he mixes them both????????????????

The influence of that combination would certainly explain a lot about his nasty, nasty presidency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies