Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2017, 01:06 PM

7,553 posts, read 5,804,687 times

Advertisements

He's right on the money. What has he done for his district except to keep them feed, housed and voting democrat? He's a complete failure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

15,104 posts, read 12,295,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
I still don't see Obama as a true President
He won't be after this week.

51,706 posts, read 25,999,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Priebus is really a piece of work. Trump is surrounding himself with them.
I thought Trump surrounded himself "only with the best and most serious people."

Where does he find all these goofballs?

Old 01-15-2017, 01:08 PM

17,541 posts, read 9,349,641 times
Outgoing White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough declined to call President-elect Donald Trump “legitimate” when questioned by CNN’s Jake Tapper on State of the Union on Sunday morning.

I guess you could call that "stepping up". Smoothest Transition in the history of the USA.
All this "not legitimate" is a well thought out plan - like most of the Left's "well thought out plans"
It's likely to Backfire on them.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:18 PM

2,097 posts, read 1,430,362 times
I don't see John Lewis as someone who is thinking straight. Trump won the election fair and square and according to the process laid out by the Constitution. Lewis is pandering to his childish, immature base who can't accept that they didn't get what they wanted.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:18 PM

7,845 posts, read 4,598,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Trump knows NOTHING about Lewis's district. There are many affluent areas in Lewis's district. I doubt if Trump knows Harlem is located in Manhattan.
Courtesy of Atlanta Journal-Constitution:

Here’s a list of some of the heavy hitters with headquarters or a significant presence in Lewis’s district, in no particular order:

Coca-Cola

Delta Air Lines

SunTrust Bank

Georgia-Pacific

Southern Company

Porsche Cars North America

EUE/Screen Gems

Tyler Perry Studios

King & Spalding

Troutman Sanders

Alston & Bird

Cousins Properties

Equifax

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

American Cancer Society

CARE International

Emory University

Georgia Tech

Carter Center

Atlantic Station

Bank of America Plaza

Atlanta University Center

Worldpay US

CNN

Twitter

Facebook

Deloitte

PwC

EY

Dentons

Seyfarth Shaw

Anthem

Sage

Athenahealth

NCR

Honeywell

Kaiser Permanente

Old 01-15-2017, 01:24 PM

73,129 posts, read 62,969,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
But its not just southern cities. Camden,Milwaukee,St Louis,Wilmington Delaware ,Chicago, Oakland,Newark,Baltimore,Flint and on and on. Detroit went bankrupt. The civil rights movement and great society programs have been terrible for the inner cities

I have no doubts certain blacks have benefited but many have not, black flight is fine but dont turn around and support anti cop crap like black lives matter which is just exploitative of poor communities . It gives rich and black middle class a sense of racial unity when most of these celebrities and black middle class dont want be anywhere near these ghettos.

People like beyonce have lived lives of privilege and wealth and attended great schools and then turn around and exploit inner city problems, of which she knows nothing about.
Either you are missing my point, or totally ignoring it altogether. I said HISTORICALLY. HISTORICALLY, southern cities have had more violence per capita compared to cities nationwide. This was in relation to Birmingham and Selma.

Can you prove that the Civil Rights movement was harmful to Black people? Last I checked, the opposite took place. In fact, I have examples showing you such. Show me where the Civil Rights movement harmed Blacks. Do what the state nickname of Missouri indicates.

One more thing. You lost credibility when you accused me of being anti-cop or supporting being "anti-cop". You know nothing about me and the very fact that you accuse me of such shows me where your mentality is. This isn't about making Black people's lives better. My opinion is that this is about "Black people should only live in Black neighborhoods".

So what if those celebrities won't live in those ghettos? I don't expect them too. Doesn't bother me. I would never live in those ghettos. I wasn't raised in them, nor would I ever want to live in them.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:27 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,320,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
He's right on the money. What has he done for his district except to keep them feed, housed and voting democrat? He's a complete failure.
Tell us EXACTLY what he should do?

I mean, what is YOUR congressman doing for the poor in your district? Your state is so welfare laden that no one should be poor.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:34 PM

59,513 posts, read 27,655,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
That meme cracked me up! I am very curious about how he will react to the role of President. I think he has no idea what he is walking into. He thinks he does, but soon enough the party will be over and he will realize he is in over his head. I hope his advisors will will help him make sound decisions.
"I am very curious about how he will react to the role of President. I think he has no idea what he is walking into."

EVERY President has said the same thing AFTER they become President.

How was Obama "prepared"

The ONLY thing he ran was Community Organizer.

Voted "here" over 100 times

Why should Trump be any different?

I think being CEO of such a large enterprise will make him MORE "prepared " then any other President in History.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:35 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,320,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"I am very curious about how he will react to the role of President. I think he has no idea what he is walking into."

EVERY President has said the same thing AFTER they become President.

How was Obama "prepared"

The ONLY thing he ran was Community Organizer.

Voted "here" over 100 times

Why should Trump be any different?

I think being CEO of such a large enterprise will make him MORE "prepared " then any other President in History.
CEO of what large enterprise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies