Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2017, 07:04 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Once again Trumps distracted with nonsense. Most CEOs are big picture guys what's up with Trump?
His fragile ego won't allow him to ignore any slight, no matter how small.

He's going to provide us with LOTS of entertainment.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2017, 07:05 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
This.

I just don't understand (much less respect) this every pressing need to publicly acknowledge/defend/respond to any criticism he receives on social media or the news.

Why won't his focus turn to more important national matters?

You are the president! Behave with some modicum of decency and respectability. Behave like an adult. You knew what you were getting in to. Focus on what's important and stop having these childish and petty knee jerk reactions to everything people say about you!!

Geesh..
When you are a child, you respond like a child. I think expecting anything else from him is not reasonable. He's shown us who he is, and this is it. It's not going to get any better.

Old 01-14-2017, 07:07 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
This.

I just don't understand (much less respect) this every pressing need to publicly acknowledge/defend/respond to any criticism he receives on social media or the news.

You are the president! Behave with some modicum of decency and respectability. Behave like an adult. You knew what you were getting in to. Focus on what's important and stop having these childish and petty knee jerk reactions to everything people say about you!!

Geesh..
The constant scrutiny and relentless criticism will be more than he's built to handle.

The presidency won't be nearly as fun as he expected it to be.

He's already beginning to fold and he isn't even in office yet.

Very amusing.

Old 01-14-2017, 07:08 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
This.

Geesh..
He really needs to get it under control. But I must say, it's a tactic that works with a lot of people. I think I might try it.

Next week, the next time someone in my office comes into a staff meeting and tells me that they didn't like the way I handled X account, or they criticize my past presentations/meetings, I'm going to tell them that my isssues and shortcomings don't matter because your's are bad too, maybe even worse, so go away and don't try to make our department any better or stop any mistakes. I'm sure my boss is gonna love this!

Old 01-14-2017, 07:09 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,856 times
I approve of Trump continuing to out our failed politicians through Twitter as they step out of the swamp to criticize him.

Old 01-14-2017, 07:11 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I approve of Trump continuing to out our failed politicians through Twitter as they step out of the swamp to criticize him.

remember parents fighting only hurts the kids - did you not feel the pain the last 8? encourage more division

Old 01-14-2017, 07:19 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Lewis represents a majority black district where 41% of residents are college grads. I guess it's Lewis' fault that black people are disproportionately poor.

I'm also fairly certain that Lewis is neither mayor nor police chief, but don't let facts get in the way of a Trump propaganda item.
Soooo what is it that sen lewis is charged with doing as an elected representative?

Apparently nothing.

Another career pol sitting on his laurels and claiming, 'it's not my job' as an excuse for not impacting the issues in his district.

Sounds like a tribute to a monarchy rather than an active effort to perform some public service.

Old 01-14-2017, 07:42 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,220,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
So... another liberal whiner who can't come to terms with the fact that Hillary got crushed.

What else is new?
Right, because anyone who's just a wee bit alarmed that the USA has elected a malignant narcissist, and shameless liar, who's also having a bizarre bromance with a hostile foreign dictator (whether the bromance is real or imaginary) just must be a liberal whiner!!

Old 01-14-2017, 07:45 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Right, because anyone who's just a wee bit alarmed that the USA has elected a malignant narcissist, and shameless liar, who's also having a bizarre bromance with a hostile foreign dictator (whether the bromance is real or imaginary) just must be a liberal whiner!!

Perhaps not so bizarre considering what videos might be on file in the FSB archives.

Old 01-14-2017, 07:46 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,220,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
How is it not legitimate, he won the EC.
Three tests that the founding fathers used to judge the fitness of a president:

"Election of a Qualified Person: As Hamilton stated [in Federalist Papers 68], the purpose was to ensure that “…the office of President will never fall to the lot of any man who is not in an eminent degree endowed with the requisite qualifications.”

Preventing Election of a Demagogue or Charlatan: The Founders did not want a person who would play on public fears and temporary passion to hold the office. Hamilton again: “Talent for low intrigue…may alone suffice to elect a man… but it will require other talents and merit to establish him in the esteem and confidence of the whole Union.”

Preventing Election of a President under Foreign Influence: The Founders feared attempts by other countries to orchestrate the election of a person under their influence. The Founders believed, as Hamilton put it, that the decentralized, layered electoral college guarded against foreign nations “…raising a creature of their own to the chief magistry” of the United States."

I'd say that Trump fails all three tests bigly. And the electoral college failed us by not refusing to elect him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies