Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 11:57 AM

14,931 posts, read 12,130,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
so far trump has insulted John McCain about his military history and now he's attacked a civil rights icon and blindly called his district crime riddled. But, people still defend this clown.
Well now, look who else made accusations against John McCain during the 2008 presidential campaign. That's ok though, he can attack anyone he likes with impunity because he's a "civil rights icon", eh?

John Lewis, invoking George Wallace, says McCain and Palin 'playing with fire' - - POLITICO.com

Old 01-15-2017, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Trump can't win a media war against Lewis. Lewis has spilled too much of his own blood against guys far tougher than Trump. Forget it.

Trump should just ignore him. It's unpresidential to bicker publicly with a damn congressman. It's not worth it. Lewis is being petty. Presidents should never be petty. Let your underlings handle that.

I have to agree with you on that one.

Old 01-15-2017, 12:08 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,698,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Something to the effect of "Lewis should worry about his own district instead of attacking me".
Oh, wait... didn't trump include the words "loser" and "failed" in his tweets? After all, that's what he does when he doesn't like what someone says, right?

Old 01-15-2017, 12:15 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Most on CNN panel say this is final straw. Lewis is a civil rights icon and this proves Trump is against civil rights for African Americans. Now Trump is starting with the poor guy.

What do you guys think? Has Trump gone too far in picking on this congressman?
This proves what? LOL

As for CNN, I think their opinion on anything news related has been rendered irrelevant.

Old 01-15-2017, 12:16 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Angela Rye (congressional black caucus) thinks Trump will step down because he's a danger to black freedom.
I guess the libs are still at their games. They get outraged at someone speaking their mind, which is nothing but a passive aggressive attempt to squash their freedom to speak. Nothing but a bunch of racist, freedom-hating bullies.

Old 01-15-2017, 12:17 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,824,019 times
CNN the most trusted news channel in the USA...say what?

Old 01-15-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
From the link you posted:

" What has happened over the last quarter of century is that the minority party, whether it's Democrats or Republicans- have become increasingly childish. They will sit on their hands and not applaud during obvious applause lines and react vocally to things they don't like."

Seems to me this " childish behavior" coincides with the emergence of 24/7 cable news as a very profitable enterprise. It's all about face time and as bipartisan as it gets.
Maybe true. I've no doubt things were always contentious in Congress, but without all that constant media coverage those fights and noisy disagreements were most often kept out of the public eye. Not any more, not with the media right there in the room. Thing is, though, the media bias (at least the networks, CNN) towards the Democrats is obvious, IMO with the tendency for the Democrats who act that way to be portrayed in a more positive light, and the GOP who do so as villains.

Old 01-15-2017, 12:34 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,452,038 times
Anyone on either side can be criticized. No one is suggesting that you can't ever be critical of Lewis. However, there is a way to go about it. To suggest that someone who was literally beaten until his skull was fractured during the Selma march is all talk is beyond asinine.

Old 01-15-2017, 12:37 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,452,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
ROFL, that same thought about going after a left wing "sacred cow" occurred to me too when I read about this, and of course the left wing minions, including the main stream media is on the lookout for excuse to go after Trump, whom they've vowed to destroy by any means necessary. Thing is, it seems to me that the "sacred cow" punched Trump first, but of course that is irrelevant to his detractors.

The exchange wasn't even about race issues, but was twisted into an accusation of racism by by the left, I guess, because Mr. Lewis happens to be black.

The issue is the "all talk" comment for someone like Lewis. Trump could have punched back, but when you go so low to suggest someone who hot his skull fractured is all talk is absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies