Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 09:53 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,062,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
10s of millions are following Trump and the number grows each day. This is far far far far higher than the viewership of the MSM and circulation of the NYTimes & WaPo.

So why does he need the Press & MSM to filter his message?

Trump officially with 20 million Twitter followers. MAGA!
I think he's trying to compete with Kim Kardarshian because he's jealous of her following lol He is a narcissist who has to have constant approval and accolades. He doesn't want the press around because they ask him hard questions which he is either incapable or doesn't want to answer. He wants to able to say what he wants without any questions. And this is who you are excited about....ok. But I for one would like straight answers from him. Otherwise, he's like the wizard of oz hiding behind a curtain...aka twitter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2017, 09:56 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I think he's trying to compete with Kim Kardarshian because he's jealous of her following lol He is a narcissist who has to have constant approval and accolades. He doesn't want the press around because they ask him hard questions which he is either incapable or doesn't want to answer. He wants to able to say what he wants without any questions. And this is who you are excited about....ok. But I for one would like straight answers from him. Otherwise, he's like the wizard of oz hiding behind a curtain...aka twitter.
I like the wizard of oz analogy. Trump's administration will be about as transparent as a brick wall.

Old 01-16-2017, 10:13 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
Yeah, I'm going to have to call a Godwin's Law violation here.

First comparison/analogy to Hitler in the thread.

As a result of this violation, you win no points, lose any points you may have scored heretofore, and lose the argument.

Sorry. Thanks for playing. Better luck next time.
That's a load of crap. Shall I replace Hitler with one of the Kim Jong family?

Same thing.

Old 01-16-2017, 10:16 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Why did you shout (well, Internet shout) fake news? That's not even relevant...

As for Twitter, the reason Obama's Tweet's don't make this news is because they're typical politicians Tweets. Inoffensive, largely unimportant. Trump's different. He tweets like... well, like people Tweet, and that's not really a compliment as mosts people's Twitter's are not filled with anything worth reading to begin with. As is, I check Twitter once every two weeks maybe because it's just not worth using.

And yes, Obama's account is "fake" in the sense that's he's not the one using it most of the time.
Since you know so much about Obama's Twitter account, can you tell me how someone gets to follow 630,000 people? Who are they and how do you keep up with their tweets? Heck, how long does it take to add them?

Old 01-16-2017, 10:19 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Who needs the English language...Donald Dump has a vocabulary of almost 100 words.
Who is this Donald Dump you speak of? I never heard of such a person.

Old 01-16-2017, 10:35 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post

Bless your heart.

Old 01-16-2017, 10:36 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
That's a load of crap. Shall I replace Hitler with one of the Kim Jong family?

Same thing.

It has to be a Russian reference.... Didn't ya get the memo?

Old 01-16-2017, 10:37 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Bless your heart.
I'm catholic so I bless my own heart, but thank you

Old 01-16-2017, 10:42 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
10s of millions are following Trump and the number grows each day. This is far far far far higher than the viewership of the MSM and circulation of the NYTimes & WaPo.

So why does he need the Press & MSM to filter his message?

Trump officially with 20 million Twitter followers. MAGA!
Trust me, not everyone who follows him adores him

Old 01-16-2017, 10:53 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Television news is either mostly superficial or showing favoritism to the Democratic party, though the superficial part is significantly more problematic. .
I sure don't agree with that claim. CNN has Jeffrey Lord on staff, MSNBC just gave Greta Van Susteren her own show and has Hugh Hewitt on the payroll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies