Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 08:05 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Why dont you tell us what you think of them not showing up? Do you think it's cool?
I think they're making a big statement in support of their colleague.

Quote:
I also see that you failed to answer my question, but what can we expect from you....???
It's your question.

You answer it.

And smile while you're doing that, OK?

Enjoy your big win. Celebrate on Friday.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2017, 08:08 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
And what is the national approval rating of congress?

Each and every one of them must deal with Trump eventually. They must confront and accept the fact that this is the person that America democratically elected. If they don't like it, I guess it's time to book a one way trip to Canada. America voted for Trump because these very congressmen failed to represent the best interests of the American people. Enjoy your prize, critters of congress. And if they don't start doing their job right, they should expect even more obscene and radical presidents to follow. It would appear as though the patience of the American people has been stretched to the limit.
Agreed tho Canada WILL throw anybody out who tries to live there illegally, including Americans. Their country, their laws.

Trump and Congress: they all need to play nice with each other.

Old 01-16-2017, 08:11 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinFam5 View Post
They why did Lewis skip it for Bush? I would ignore my children if they threw themselves on the floor when they didn't get their way, don't expect people to behave differently for adults.
Nice analogy but the reality is of course that the stakes are far higher here than "not getting their way". As our elected representatives, I completely agree with their decision not to attend the inauguration of a fascist thug. This is a first shot across the bow to Trump that he will be opposed from day one.

Old 01-16-2017, 08:12 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,901,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
America voted for Trump because these very congressmen failed to represent the best interests of the American people.
It's also sad how Americans voted these same non-caring congressmen right back in.

Old 01-16-2017, 08:13 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,402,005 times
I think it is a big deal and I know it is a big
deal to Trump.
Everyone of those who sit out the inauguration will
be marked in his little "payback , do not speak to me" book,
to be treated and scolded just like the CNN journalist.
That is what Trump has made America. We are all forced to
play his game now .

At this point I don't care that Clinton lost, just give
us any sane, intelligent republican for the job instead of this imposter we got.

Old 01-16-2017, 08:14 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I think they're making a big statement in support of their colleague.
Who's colleague? Those that lost?

Quote:
It's your question.

You answer it.
That is awesome dude, I'll use your quote the next time you start a post...

Quote:
And smile while you're doing that, OK?

Enjoy your big win. Celebrate on Friday.

Oh, I'm smiling at the almost thousand seats that have went from dem to repub over the last 8 years....across the United States....

Old 01-16-2017, 08:23 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Nice analogy but the reality is of course that the stakes are far higher here than "not getting their way". As our elected representatives, I completely agree with their decision not to attend the inauguration of a fascist thug. This is a first shot across the bow to Trump that he will be opposed from day one.
Totally agree. Although, maybe they didn't want to go and Trump gave them a great reason.

Old 01-16-2017, 08:23 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Cool No need for bitterness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Who's colleague? Those that lost?
Their congressional colleague and civil rights icon.

Quote:
That is awesome dude, I'll use your quote the next time you start a post...
Knock yourself out, dude.

Quote:
Oh, I'm smiling at the almost thousand seats that have went from dem to repub over the last 8 years....across the United States....
Good!

But you just don't sound happy.

You should be.

Old 01-16-2017, 08:37 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Their congressional colleague and civil rights icon.

Knock yourself out, dude.

Good!

But you just don't sound happy.

You should be.

I'm fine, the people who are not fine are people such as you.....You said you were for trump to win, then post crap like this....

But, it's alright......keep supporting your side...you're doing a GREAT job...lol...

Old 01-16-2017, 08:38 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
but it signals just how the deep the divide is between the legislative branch and the President.
Just how deep the divide is between the minority (in political terms) party in both chambers of the legislative branch and the President.....not "the legislative branch".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe all of the Members of Congress who are boycotting the inauguration are Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies