Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 05:41 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Too bad the Dems didn't hold Obama accountable for his eight years of failure or hold Hillary accountable for her negligence and corruption."

Let's not leave out the 1st AG, Holder, the head of the IRS, the 2nd AG, Harry Reid, etc.

I'm sure I can come up with a few others.
Yup. This is just political posturing from a party that has nothing left but posturing. What a change from 8 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 05:44 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Too bad the Dems didn't hold Obama accountable for his eight years of failure or hold Hillary accountable for her negligence and corruption."
I am sure investigation #18 would have been conducted had they not ran out of time The good news is that they can start over next week.

Old 01-18-2017, 05:47 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
The biggest threat to President-elect Trump's abuse of power is American people.

Old 01-18-2017, 05:48 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Sorry, the GOP is going to stand behind Trump no matter what. This is the first time they've had this much power since the 1920s.
Actually, I am going to save this.

It's a gem, because it summarizes the problem.

No matter what!! LOL

Old 01-18-2017, 05:48 AM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Obviously you don't know how Congress works. But here's your chance to impress us.

Please explain how the Democrats can make Trump's life "hell" based on the rules of the Constitution.
The Republicans have done it for 8 years, are you denying that didn't happen?

They would filibuster the sun coming up if they could.

Old 01-18-2017, 05:49 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Apparently, Obama & Biden believed that investigating Bush & Cheney would create divisiveness during a time we all needed to work together to get things back on track.
No, they knew that investigating Bush and Cheney would implicate a lot of Democrats in Congress in knowing about and approving of "torture."

Quote:
Within minutes of taking the oath to protect and defend our Constitution, Trump will be in violation of it.
How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You didn't seem to get upset when the leader of the GOP ( I forget who it was at the time) said "We are going to keep Bill Clinton on a very short leash" when Bill was first elected. That sentence turned me against the Republicans because it showed that they didn't give a damn about working for America, all they wanted to do was play politics.

So, why are you upset now that the shoe is on the other foot ?
Where did I even suggest that I was upset?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Die hard loyalists insist he should not be held accountable no matter what, but there are patriots in Congress in both parties who will defend the best interests of the Nation. Even if they fail, the American people will hold him accountable.
How?

Quote:
Starting at noon on Friday, any King, Prince, or foreign State guests paying to stay at Trump hotel or play on a Trump golf course, paying management fees to one his property management companies... puts Trump in violation of the Constitution.
No, it doesn't.

Trump receiving pay specifically for something he does as president would put him in violation, but not for something he does as a businessmen.

Presidents in the past were able to run businesses.

Trump still can -- presidents are exempt from conflict of interest laws with respect to their own businesses.

Old 01-18-2017, 05:51 AM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Actually, I am going to save this.

It's a gem, because it summarizes the problem.

No matter what!! LOL
The ACA should be a great litmus test of their party unity.

Old 01-18-2017, 05:52 AM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Starting at noon on Friday, any King, Prince, or foreign State guests paying to stay at Trump hotel or play on a Trump golf course, paying management fees to one his property management companies... puts Trump in violation of the Constitution.

Article 1, Section 9, Clause 8 of the Constitution.

“...And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.”

His ridiculous "trust" as well as his plans to donate any profit his hotels make from any foreign state guests to the U.S. treasury are nothing but nonsense.

Though paying taxes would certainly be a step in the right direction, the Constitution is clear that accepting the money in the first place is not allowed.

Furthermore, emolument means payment, not profit from those payments.

Emolument: Payment made for work that has been done. Refers to payments made to millers for grinding corn as "emolere" means "grind out."

There is no question that accepting any payment from a foreign state is in violation of the Constitution.

Now whether Congress will hold him accountable remains to be seen.
I sure hope you are NOT a lawyer, you would go broke!

"His ridiculous "trust" as well as his plans to donate any profit his hotels make from any foreign state guests to the U.S. treasury are nothing but nonsense.""

OK, you made a claim, now PROVE IT.

And we will NOT take, "because I said so", as proof.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 01-18-2017 at 06:01 AM..

Old 01-18-2017, 05:52 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The ACA should be a great litmus test of their party unity.
GOP is already saying premiums are going to go up,again.

Old 01-18-2017, 05:55 AM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
"others" ,one real one would be enough?
It is NOT my responsibility to "educate" you.

In all honesty, I BELIEVE that you DON'T KNOW what these have done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies