Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 07:17 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times

Advertisements

This might mean more if the Obama didn't have the most intellectually challenged administration in the history of the US Government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 07:22 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,459,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
This might mean more if the Obama didn't have the most intellectually challenged administration in the history of the US Government.
any facts to back this up?

Old 01-19-2017, 07:30 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
Hey, don't get me wrong, I understand that a lot of politicians and political appointees don't have any knowledge of the area in which they got elected/appointed. that has been common for... well... a very, very long time. And, has not been confined to only the US, either.

One thing I do credit perry with is his admission that he thought he was just going to be a cheerleader (something he actually has experience in) for the oil/gas industry (which, if he really thought that, also makes me wonder why he wanted to get rid of DOE way back when...), and that he's actually been examining the department and jobs it does.

But, as a former government leader, his weakness in understanding the basic mission and issues facing the agency tasked with our energy and nuclear policy... mphgh...

Remember, he's the former governor of a pretty.big.state *and* a former candidate for the presidency - something which should carry with it some awareness of these things. Which is why I didn't title the thread "two physicists and a cheerleader walk into a bar..."

Old 01-19-2017, 07:30 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
And hopefully the new energy secretary doesn't get hoodwinked by Iran like the current one did.
We have no reason to concern ourselves over Iran.

Old 01-19-2017, 07:31 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Perry a cheerleader?

Obviously spoken by someone not an Aggie.

Actually, I've always got a kick out of that when I was at TAMU in the summer. They would run all these cheerleader camps there, bringing in so many squads and drill teams from so many high schools. So many high school students, in the "cute" outfits that so many people associated with cheerleading, there at Texas A&M...................

..........................a university that does nothing of the sort! No cheerleaders with pom-poms, no flag corps with the band, no high kicking drill teams. They were there, being sponsored by a University that did nothing like the activity they were there for.

I've always found that hilarious!

Old 01-19-2017, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"So I open a thread on how Rick Perry is slated.....and what do I find? A string of cheap political pot shots."

And what do you call these, High PRAISE?

" Mr. Perry studied animal husbandry and led cheers at Texas A&M University."

"Really makes ya sleep comfortably at night, with trump's pick at the helm of all this, doesn't it?"

"Goes along with the GOP plan to allow the Koch brothers to run the country.

If you are going to complain about "political cheap shots" DO NOTT POST THEM YOURSELF. Cheesh!
Hello... you might want to target your poster better. I posted the bolded comments. So, fire away!

Old 01-19-2017, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Perry a cheerleader?

Obviously spoken by someone not an Aggie.

Actually, I've always got a kick out of that when I was at TAMU in the summer. They would run all these cheerleader camps there, bringing in so many squads and drill teams from so many high schools. So many high school students, in the "cute" outfits that so many people associated with cheerleading, there at Texas A&M...................

..........................a university that does nothing of the sort! No cheerleaders with pom-poms, no flag corps with the band, no high kicking drill teams. They were there, being sponsored by a University that did nothing like the activity they were there for.

I've always found that hilarious!
Here - 5 fun facts about rick perry Including his outfit for leading cheers.

I do find that "F" in chemistry troubling in light of the DOE appointment... along with a "C" in animal breeding - his major!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuQ35q7aEgU

Old 01-19-2017, 07:48 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,060,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't see how anyone can be satisfied with this choice, he really didn't know what his responsibilities were and that is the fault of not only him but his handlers. The fact that the 2 people preceding him had physics PhDs should have made him ask some questions particularly since Moniz was directly involved in the Iran nuclear deal. Now why would we need physics PhD's to promote oil and gas, does that make any sense at all, and why we would even be promoting that to the world is entirely another question.

Congress should demand minimum standards for these positions, this one reminds me putting Michael Brown in charge of FEMA when his prior experience was training Arabian Horses.
I really think most of what these secretaries do is not much more than being a figurehead but assuming they really are running a large organization which is more important
1) Having a advanced degree in science
2) Or experience managing a large organization such as a state.

Old 01-19-2017, 08:05 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We have no reason to concern ourselves over Iran.
Why do you say this?

Old 01-19-2017, 08:07 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
And this nuclear stockpile that you speak of, will be much larger, as Obama broke his campaign promise and signed into law $1,000,000,000,000.00 worth of upgrades to our nukes over the next 30 years.

The US is Set to Spend $1 Trillion Upgrading Nuclear Weapons

Oh well...Trump is lucky he didn't do this or the media and left would tar and feather him!
You mean like this from NYT?
A Trillion-Dollar Nuclear Weapon Modernization Is Unnecessary - NYTimes.com

Signed into law?

Multi year intentions require annual funding via budgeting / appropriations.

This explains the Pentagon's intention to make the nuclear weapons program more efficient, not more nuclear weapons.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/penta...ry?id=44372054

Sounds like the intent to spend begins in 2021.

No telling who will be in Congress or the White House in 2021

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 01-19-2017 at 08:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies