Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2017, 11:46 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times

Advertisements

I'm not asking the question referencing any particular move he has made in his short time as President.

On a broader scale, taking into account everything he has done thus far as President, coupling that with everything he said during campaigning up until now, what vibe for the future are you getting from him?

Thus far I see a man of action. I see someone who places all of our lives at risk for his boldness, yet I look back and realize complacent Presidents of the past haven't exactly done me well. I envision a man who will continue to move at a pace faster than we are accustomed to. Some will be happy and some unhappy with his moves, but that's been the same with all Presidents. After seemingly decades of riding on the commuter rail with our Presidents, I feel we're now on the Acela.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 12:58 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
The most consistent "vibe" that I've seen with President Trump so far .... is his "under budget and on time".
He is unlikely to depend on others to "negotiate" and then ignore where the money goes & how it's spent - I think he will make them accountable. He is a workaholic and one that is pretty hands on. His kids talk about how Trump made them all start at the bottom, picking up trash on his building projects. Donald Trump has a strong work ethic and expects the same of his employees.

What we have seen so far is just an adjustment back to Center based on Laws on the books.
I expect that to continue and to accelerate.

I also expect him to continue to 'play the media like a violin'. I bet the Establishment Republicans fear him as much as the Establishment Democrats do. Politics and Political Parties has "changed" - I wonder how many on both sides of the aisle really understand that, the Media sure doesn't "get it" yet.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:03 PM

35,057 posts, read 31,258,424 times
I see someone who loves the country and has actually put partisan politics aside to do what is best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies