Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 02:25 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,904,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Who builds walls on this scale these days? Will there be RFPs? Who builds dams etc. for that matter?
Bechtel, Fluor, Skanska, Kiewit are the big players.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 02:29 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
That doesn't look like a legit site to be advertising for contractors that'd effectively be doing work for the federal government.

Careful -- it could be a scammer or someone looking to collect names.

might be anti govt and want to hurt these workers-who come to build a fence-- be careful...
warning to all- the govt will go through proper vendor vetting and price bidding-- to get the wall built and someone in the Army Corps of Engineers and maybe GSA will oversee it long time before a rock is moved. -- and besides we still have NO BUDGET on a CR--- so all this stuff he trying to do, there is no mula-

Old 01-29-2017, 02:29 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Yup! He has DONE EVERYTHING he said he was going to do.
Yes, like producing his tax returns

Old 01-29-2017, 03:51 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
You may be paying a lot more than you think if you live in any of the sanctity city/states. Your taxes are paying for any social welfare programs that illegals are receiving resources from. In places like Calif. that includes everything from food stamp/ebt cards to low income housing, medical services, etc.

Believe me, we are all paying for illegal immigrants.

President Trump is not setting president when he is trying to prevent illegal immigrants from coming to the U.S. President Bill Clinton took the same stance about illegal immigrants. President Trump is just talking the talk and walking the walk. President Trump is doing something about it.

Bill Clinton's Immigration Remarks Same As Trump's | The Daily Caller
Trump is putting out feelers to see if he can con fanatics like you into paying more money
for his wall.

TRUMP SAID Mexico would pay for it. If he can't deliver then he has more work to do.

If I'm already paying for ilegal immigrants WHY SHOULD I PAY MORE MONEY on ilegal immigrants?

Trump supporters claim Trump is for the working class. Oh yeah? Then let the fat cats who have sent jobs overseas pay for the wall. They don't deserve a tax cut. BAN A TAX CUT FOR THE RICH until the wall is built and paid for.

Let's say a working class family spends $600.00 per month on food. A twenty percent (the wall tax) increase in that food bill is $120.00 extra per month. . I don't want to pay that.

That much money can cover one of the following:

1. Monthly gasoline
2. My water bill
3. My monthly car insurance
Etc. Etc.

Old 01-29-2017, 03:56 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,838,713 times
Who's gonna pay for the wall?

Let's all say it together
MEXICO!
MEXIC
MEXI
MEX

ME!

Old 01-29-2017, 05:45 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
I think anyone collecting welfare should be REQUIRED to relocate there for a minimum 6 months to provide labor for the wall. That would save money right away.
G-d no, we'd end up paying them Workman's Comp.

Old 01-29-2017, 05:54 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
G-d no, we'd end up paying them Workman's Comp.
And if Mexico built the wall, then the Mexican workers would want paid vacation time, over-time, 401k, child-care benefits, healthcare insurance, performance bonuses, pension plan, on-site gym, and 3 weeks paid vacation the first year.

If Americans built the wall, this would already be negotiated into the hiring.

Old 01-29-2017, 05:55 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
Bechtel, Fluor, Skanska, Kiewit are the big players.
Yeah I forgot, Bechtel. They build cities from the ground up and people say we can't build a wall.

Old 01-29-2017, 06:15 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, like producing his tax returns
Nobody cares about his Tax Returns. How will seeing them, affect you? I don't see him put in prison by the IRS. Now or in the past....If he did some tax maneuvering, it was legal.

Old 01-29-2017, 06:16 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Trump is putting out feelers to see if he can con fanatics like you into paying more money
for his wall.

TRUMP SAID Mexico would pay for it. If he can't deliver then he has more work to do.

If I'm already paying for ilegal immigrants WHY SHOULD I PAY MORE MONEY on ilegal immigrants?

Trump supporters claim Trump is for the working class. Oh yeah? Then let the fat cats who have sent jobs overseas pay for the wall. They don't deserve a tax cut. BAN A TAX CUT FOR THE RICH until the wall is built and paid for.

Let's say a working class family spends $600.00 per month on food. A twenty percent (the wall tax) increase in that food bill is $120.00 extra per month. . I don't want to pay that.

That much money can cover one of the following:

1. Monthly gasoline
2. My water bill
3. My monthly car insurance
Etc. Etc.

So you want more illegals to come here without a wall so you can pay more than the $113 billion a year we are paying now for them? Yeah, that makes sense...not! Not to mention that they will take even more jobs and resources from Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies