Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2017, 03:44 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times

Advertisements

Excellent read and kudos for the dissent...

Quote:
"Given the near-absence of terror attacks committed in recent years by Syrian, Iraqi, Irani, Libyan, Somalia, Sudanese, and Yemeni citizens who are in the US after entering on a visa, this ban will have little practical effect in improving public safety," the current memo says.

Acting State Department spokesman Mark Toner said Monday, "We are aware of a dissent channel message regarding the Executive Order titled "Protecting the Nation from Foreign Terrorist Entry into the United States."

"The Dissent Channel is a longstanding official vehicle for State Department employees to convey alternative views and perspectives on policy issues," he added. "This is an important process that the Acting Secretary, and the Department as a whole, value and respect. It allows State employees to express divergent policy views candidly and privately to senior leadership."

The memo says the executive order "stands in opposition to the core American and constitutional values that we, as federal employees, took an oath to uphold."

The move "will immediately sour relations" with countries whose governments are "important allies and partners in the fight against terrorism, regionally and globally."

"By alienating them, we lose access to the intelligence and resources (needed) to fight the root causes of terror abroad" before attacks occur in the US, the draft memo reads.

WH tells career US diplomats who oppose Trump to get out - CNNPolitics.com
The most frightening thing is the loss of bridges that have been built with trust by people that share intelligence with the USA. And there are also those that believe that this corrupt fear mongering administration wants the divide and mistrust in order to start another war.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 01-31-2017 at 04:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 03:49 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,113,717 times
The OSU terrorist was a Somalian refugee.

Old 01-31-2017, 03:51 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,952,048 times
I know a guy who works at State and have been following him on FB. His tantrums have delighted me for weeks.

I'm tempted to send the white house a tip to check out his FB profile, just to see if anything happens.

Old 01-31-2017, 03:52 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,706,694 times
Been saying this from the beginning.

I could see a ban on immigration into the US for 6 month's.

Then 24 month ban on male refugees 18 and over from Middle Eastern Nations.

Then work with Middle Eastern Nations around Syria with help from larger nationscreen (Cutting trade/Putting Pressure) on these nations like Yemen and Saudia Arabia to set up safe zones. Encourage more wealthier ME Nations to contribute funds to aid refugees.

Work in supporting a new leader of Syria and give direction to Syrian rebels. Assist in training Syrian rebels. Work with nations in air strikes on ISIS strongholds in Syria.

US clandestine operations to ISIS strongholds in various nations (With support from other nations).

Old 01-31-2017, 03:54 PM

778 posts, read 339,631 times
Let me cry in my Cherios over what the Obama leftovers think.

They are just sad because they failed in their attempt to cover the infiltration of the Muslim Brotherhood into the highest levels of our government.

Old 01-31-2017, 03:56 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,224,771 times
Really worked for Obama lol

Old 01-31-2017, 03:59 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Decades of this type of policy has proved the dissent wrong. We already played nice and pumped god knows how much money into their countries and they continue to bad mouth the US and pump out terrorists. A better plan is to just keep them out.

Old 01-31-2017, 03:59 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
if i were in business with the USA I'd worry - the POTUS just JUMPS at a moment's notice to do things - witch affect all but him

Old 01-31-2017, 04:06 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times
Nah, they hate each other more than they hate us.

Old 01-31-2017, 04:13 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,102,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
Let me cry in my Cherios over what the Obama leftovers think.

They are just sad because they failed in their attempt to cover the infiltration of the Muslim Brotherhood into the highest levels of our government.

Yes, these people don't have a much time left at State.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies