Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 07:36 AM

203 posts, read 246,570 times

Advertisements

Censusdata;47024268]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlsolalxmd View Post
Donald Trump and his election is about the transformation of the USA from a large federal power to a confederation of power back to localized factions

Censusdata
Quote:
If that was the case then something like a travel ban or rounding up illegal immigrants would be on a state by state basis. Trump is doing the same thing as Obama: forcing all states to bow down toward one ideology.
ears prick! Could you please explain what is the one ideology shared? by both men Former President Obama and President Trump?

Last edited by Something Needs To Change; 01-31-2017 at 08:02 AM.. Reason: the quoting was off-centered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 07:37 AM

7 posts, read 4,800 times
[quote=censusdata;47024268]
Quote:
Donald Trump and his election is about the transformation of the USA from a large federal power to a confederation of power back to localized factions.

quote]

If that was the case then something like a travel ban or rounding up illegal immigrants would be on a state by state basis. Trump is doing the same thing as Obama: forcing all states to bow down toward one ideology.
Thats true, however he's national only on protection. Strong border, but inside those borders no schools, at least central government run schools in example.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:42 AM

1,710 posts, read 1,463,521 times
obama banned cuban refugees. where was ashton for that?

Old 01-31-2017, 07:42 AM

7 posts, read 4,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
I think you're missing two things:

1) Lots of angry, old white bigots want "revenge" for their perceived slights. They voted for Trump and Trump is catering to them. Witness the publicly avowed Neo-Nazi and white supremacist Bannon now basically being in charge of national security.

2) Trump says a lot of things, and it's easy to say "the government is here to create jobs." But you forget the man is a pathological liar, above and beyond any typical politician. Second, it is very difficult for the government to magically create jobs. Third, Trump's actions so far have done nothing but destroy jobs with his gutting of various regulatory agencies, hiring freeze, trade wars, etc.
Trump doesn't build and International empire by being a liar and dumb.

He's brilliant and so are most of the people in the inner circle. The question is, how wise are they?

Time will tell..

America and it's government have a relationship which will be put to the test now.

Old 01-31-2017, 09:34 AM

Marie Harf on FOX NEWS is talking about issues I brought up this morning. So it's not just the Left talking about it. I know my household is far from left and the phone had been ringing all night about this.

Cabinet and Security Experts are people who would have given advice. Governance is different than running a business.

If interested maybe one can find her segment on you-tube or look up FOX and find her.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:01 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Something Needs To Change View Post
Marie Harf on FOX NEWS is talking about issues I brought up this morning. So it's not just the Left talking about it. I know my household is far from left and the phone had been ringing all night about this.

Cabinet and Security Experts are people who would have given advice. Governance is different than running a business.

If interested maybe one can find her segment on you-tube or look up FOX and find her.
Oh my! She's talking on Fox News and that makes her "not the left" ??

You need to find out who she is before you present her as someone with whom we should be impressed.

Marie Harf forced out; Hilarious highlight reel shows exactly WHY - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com

Old 01-31-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Oh my! She's talking on Fox News and that makes her "not the left" ??

You need to find out who she is before you present her as someone with whom we should be impressed.

Marie Harf forced out; Hilarious highlight reel shows exactly WHY - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com
How did you get the impression I was "promoting or endorsing" her? LOL! I was addressing the fact that on FOX NEWS the issues I asked about were discussed. Even it was discussed AFTER her segment ended. Whatever are you on about? And who is the "we"? You're the one that watches "Morning Joe".

I was alerting anyone interested to tune in, including Left, Center or Independents. All can learn watching FOX NEWS.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:37 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Donald Trump and his election is about the transformation of the USA from a large federal power to a confederation of power back to localized factions.
No it isn't.

It's about angry working class whites who've been left behind by GOP economics.

So they vote GOP for another serving of the same.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:42 AM

18,496 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
No it isn't.

It's about angry working class whites who've been left behind by GOP economics.

So they vote GOP for another serving of the same.
That pretty much sums it up, yes.

Old 01-31-2017, 06:37 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Something Needs To Change View Post
How did you get the impression I was "promoting or endorsing" her? LOL! I was addressing the fact that on FOX NEWS the issues I asked about were discussed. Even it was discussed AFTER her segment ended. Whatever are you on about? And who is the "we"? You're the one that watches "Morning Joe".

I was alerting anyone interested to tune in, including Left, Center or Independents. All can learn watching FOX NEWS.
"Marie Harf on FOX NEWS is talking about issues I brought up this morning. So it's not just the Left talking about it."
^^^^
She IS the left. Maybe it's the way the statements are written that I misread your meaning. You did not mention that it was FOX that discussed it 'even after her segment ended'. That would have clarified it.

My apologies.

Fox has guests representing the left because, as they say, they are 'fair and balanced'. You are right in that all can learn watching FoxNews.

And the same is true with MSNBC and Morning Joe. All can learn watching that, too. Especially if one wants to pick up on the nuances and spin of facts and be amused (or not) at their version the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies